Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the Ethereum survive the new influx of games? - page 3. (Read 664 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0
Btw, I think the network was initially projected not for the entertainment like Crypto Cats. Right now the founders got problems and Buterin’s working under the total system improvement.

that’s wrong opinion about the network creation is not for games. It’s pretty big section of entertainment & economics which is pretty innovative. Cryptogames are the future of profitable industry.
Activity: 46
The transaction time for Eth is too long. And the GAS is too high to transfer Eth. Maybe is time to check out other Coin and platform.

What for example?
Btw, I think the network was initially projected not for the entertainment like Crypto Cats. Right now the founders got problems and Buterin’s working under the total system improvement.
Activity: 18
The transaction time for Eth is too long. And the GAS is too high to transfer Eth. Maybe is time to check out other Coin and platform.
What else can offer us the games with the blockchain use?

There is Mobile Go project, for example. They releasing tokens for the cybersport tournaments.

I saw smth is this one you're talking about it - https://www.mobilego.io/?

Yep, exactly. I liked their approach. In the game they developed, they’ve took simple game mechanics and pixel-based illustrations to do not be distracted by trifles Cheesy
Activity: 1120
Merit: 256
it looks like and if I think with ethereum as the result of the game's victory, the game enthusiasts and ethereum coins will be lots and lots of people will play the game because they can make money because
Activity: 22

There is Mobile Go project, for example. They releasing tokens for the cybersport tournaments.

I saw smth is this one you're talking about it - https://www.mobilego.io/?

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
In game items that will be your asset not only for that game but also in real life through selling it with crypto's.

That's the integration of most of the blockchain games who are developing right now. You've got to play and enjoy while getting reward with the hardwork you've been playing for that game. This is innovation along with the technology, this can even be better, gaming industry is big though.
Activity: 55

Monetization of the inner purchases , real ownership of the game items instead of the situation when everything "yours" is attached to the publisher or Steam and can be seized back.
Activity: 28
Activity: 28
Anyway we have a lot of time until housewives will find their interest in the cryptosphere. Too far.

They won't learn that there's something called "ether", or other info. If the mentioned games could attract some crowd to interest them with unusual features and there will be easy entry level, the users won’t be curious about the technical realisation.
Activity: 207
Merit: 10
Anyway we have a lot of time until housewives will find their interest in the cryptosphere. Too far.
Activity: 26
I think the real popular game can do this: the one who will claim not only the speculators (like cryptokitties), but also housewives playing mobile. Noone of buterins can’t handle the amount of donates similar as Candy Crush.
Activity: 23
Recently Buterin suggested to use the ZK-SNARKs protocol for the scaling. It was planned to increase the number of ERC-20 transactions 50 times, 500 per second. I can’t imagine what the kind of existing projects can seriously harm to this move.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
How dangerous are new projects for the real use of blockchain? We have already seen the story of the CryptoKitties, which brought down the Ethereum network. Can this happen again now? What projects can now grow in such a way that will affect the work of the network itself?
No one can really tell and ethereum has establish foundations that no matter what happened it will recover and makes significant progress in cryptocurrencies market.  The current happened was not because of one project was introduced into the market but the whales are trying to bring the price down so they can buy ethereum and others at cheap price and sell when the price get back to $1,000 and above!
Activity: 36
Cryptocats turned 11% of the Ethereum network to its side in the past. Anyway they’ve lost popularity pretty quick.
Activity: 230
Merit: 4
How dangerous are new projects for the real use of blockchain? We have already seen the story of the CryptoKitties, which brought down the Ethereum network. Can this happen again now? What projects can now grow in such a way that will affect the work of the network itself?

I don't have any idea for this because I don't belong on the field but I think they are trying to imply lightning networks so this won't be a problem in the future.

I don't know where you heard about cryptokitties and other ethereum games, but they are not scam.

The OP didn't say that cryptogames are scam, he's just worried about ethereum network congestion again since there are numerous blockchain based games that are coming out.

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

Yes, I know this game and the situation with it. Of course, not all games can affect ETH this way. But this can happen at any time, if the games will put a lot of pressure on the ETH network. But I think that the ETH development team solved these problems with network vulnerabilities.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
I don't think any new game will have an adverse effect on the ethereum network and I think developers have learned from cryptokitties' mistakes and now they have anticipated if such things happen again.
Pages:
Jump to: