Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the President let us pay our taxes in Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 1349 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Never going to happen.  Maybe someday someone will open a service which will convert funds and make it on your behalf.

The US dollar is legal tender in the US.  That includes that it must be accepted for payment of debt and taxes. No nation is ever going to give a "foreign" currency legal tender status.

That's wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montenegro

So , what was Montenegro currency?
This is a special case with a country appearing on the map overnight at the wrong time.
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
Obama's administration is said to be the most tech savvy in history... So we should help them get at least one online success under their belt
Besides, who would want to pay taxes with their bitcoins? I want to get rid of my fiat currency, not save it.

I don't see what paying taxes in bitcoins has to do with saving fiat
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
Never going to happen.  Maybe someday someone will open a service which will convert funds and make it on your behalf.

The US dollar is legal tender in the US.  That includes that it must be accepted for payment of debt and taxes. No nation is ever going to give a "foreign" currency legal tender status.

That's wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montenegro
Of course I can say it. Smiley  I don't care if 49% of the population wants it, it isn't going to happen.  Nations have gone to war over much less.   Even asking it makes you look silly.

Plus the President wouldn't have the authority to make such a change.  It would require legislation from Congress.   You might as well start a petition asking Obama to give himself the authority to serve another term.

If you read it just asks for a bill to be written not passed so nothing suggested is outside of his power Any american can suggest legislation especially the president
Activity: 528
Merit: 527
Besides, who would want to pay taxes with their bitcoins? I want to get rid of my fiat currency, not save it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Very very unlikely, as it would require congressional approval as somebody pointed out

Never going to happen.  Maybe someday someone will open a service which will convert funds and make it on your behalf.

The US dollar is legal tender in the US.  That includes that it must be accepted for payment of debt and taxes. No nation is ever going to give a "foreign" currency legal tender status.

You can't say that unless this petition goes through and the white house makes that statement Until then we just don't know All we know is that the white house thinks 100,000 signatures is enough Americans to start paying attention for them to start paying attention
Pages:
Jump to: