Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the tide turn? Or are we going to $60? Tune in tonight! - page 2. (Read 3671 times)

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer
Why are there "new buyers" on Monday? Is there something special happening tomorrow, or are you just referring to the usual post-weekend deposits?

Banks open back up, wire transfers go through.
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
Don't forget that CoinLabs will be taking over US Gox soon, so that may dampen the movement of BTC, and many may hold on until the last second before dumping/withdrawing. I plan on having my entire Gox liquidated before CoinLabs takes control. I'll open a new account and test it out with them before giving permission for them to access my other information in my real account.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Why are there "new buyers" on Monday? Is there something special happening tomorrow, or are you just referring to the usual post-weekend deposits?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
There are no make or break days with regards.Regardless of if there is a rally or short there is opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
We haven't even closed below the 5 day EMA since the run started in Jan - dipped below, yes, but not closed below on a daily basis. That is about as powerful as momentum gets. The most bullish scenario would be to trade sideways in a tight range for at least 2-3 more days before pushing higher, but I'm not sure bulls will be able to keep it in their pants that long. But the move above 50 would be more convincing IMO if we had more of a base to launch from. 
Activity: 506
Merit: 500
I have no idea, but we are currently working on our 8th daily green candle in a row. How long will the streak last?

The last correction to 33$ was a pretty intense one, so I think we will break 50$ next week.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Please keep in mind that I am agnostic as to what is going to happen. If it dips significantly, I'm buying. If it breaks $50, I'm buying. Please keep this in mind and try not to get too incensed over this poll. It's all just a game anyway. Smiley

I will simply quote my post from another thread:

Quote from: zkay
There seems to be some consensus that this coming monday, 3/11/13, is a turning point. With new money coming in, we will either get a massive run up, or a decline from people holding trying to sell to the new buyers. Right now we are in limbo; no one has any way of knowing what will happen before then.

Will speculators continue to buy until Sunday night, in order to have more BTC on hand to sell to the new buyers on Monday? Or will some piece of news or a rumor or a general emotion take hold over enough holders and they'll sell before the price falls Monday?

Will enough new money and demand show up on Monday to override any sell off that may occur? At what point does the tide turn?

Many questions, few answers. As time goes on, the answers will either reveal themselves or at least become less vague. This is my rationale behind waiting until at least Sunday night before buying in. Buying now, to me, is more emotional than based in reason. Emotional in that there is simply hope that enough new buy orders will show up monday to keep the price where it is or drive it up. Waiting for this to confirm itself, or at least become more likely, seems more reasoned to me.

And if it does go up a few dollars and the gains either hold or continue Monday? I've only lost out on a few dollars per coin, which won't amount to much if the price continues up.

And it seems most of my threads attract eternal longs. I don't really understand why someone looking five or ten years down the line, and ONLY concerned with the long-very long term, would even reply to posts concerning intervals measured in shorter distances than years? Not that you aren't welcome, too. We can all prognosticate together!

(queue monster truck rally voice)

Monday, Monday, Monday!
Pages:
Jump to: