Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the unprofitable mining actually hurt Bitcoin price? - page 2. (Read 5469 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

I don't think it was miners paying $30 per bitcoin.  Someone else is interested.

sadly i dont think it was people wanting to buy bread and gas with BTC either.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
If you read my post you would understand that I am not talking about bitcoins coming into the market per se.

I am talking about bitcoin will lose a lot of interest once all the miners stop mining and move on away from bitcoin.
I think most of the interest right now in bitcoin is mining related.

I don't think it was miners paying $30 per bitcoin.  Someone else is interested.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
If you read my post you would understand that I am not talking about bitcoins coming into the market per se.

I am talking about bitcoin will lose a lot of interest once all the miners stop mining and move on away from bitcoin.
I think most of the interest right now in bitcoin is mining related.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
I wish there was a sticky note that said: "DIFFICULTY AND MINING COST DOES NOT AFFECT PRICE"

What do you mean "there are not new bitcoins coming into the market"?
Bitcoins come into the market at a constant rate, regardless of difficulty or mining cost.  Unless everyone stopped mining right now, bitcoins will come in on average ~300 BTC an hour.  And if everyone stopped, it would only affect the supply until the next difficulty change and then everything would be back to normal.

If you're sick of playing around with bitcoins I have a solution for you: 1LqdM8Rd52pE8evddzdeSFkoojqvTQTUdi
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
You may think that it will increase the price of bitcoin, since there are not new bitcoins coming to the market.

However, will the loss of miners cause a loss of interest in bitcoin so great that bitcoin price will actually fall?

I used to be more interested in this when you could actually mine and make an income etc. But now that it seems to coming to and end I have lost a bit of interest. I do not check the price as often, and I do not think I even want to invest any money into bitcoin any more.

Bitcoin is just like any other collectible, be it comics, baseball cards, antiques. When there is lots of interest in it you do not want to sell what you own, and want to buy more at high prices. When you just do not have the interest, you do not care.

We shall see what will happen, but does anyone think the unprofitble mining will have an effect on the price?
Pages:
Jump to: