Pages:
Author

Topic: Will this bitcoin bubble stop at 10-12K or not? - page 2. (Read 1017 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I'm a good trader. Usually I know when to sell and when to buy. I learned this the hard way, during more than 6-8 years of trading. I know to read the market indicators and I can have an educated guess on the price evolution.

But now I want YOUR opinion on this: each time the bitcoin price has gone up, it has increased 10-12 times (not more). The present price of the bitcoin is near this limit. Last time it increased up to 1100 USD (at the end of 2013), now we can expect that it will increase up to 10000-12000 USD.

The market indicators that I am reading tell me that IT IS POSSIBLE that the price of bitcoin will increase up to 50k-100k, in 2 years from now.
So I ask you, what is your educated trader opinion on this: will the bitcoin price go down after 10k-12k and will follow another bubble in 2 years, or will the price of bitcoin continue to rise past 12k steadily.

This is a tricky decisition to make, if I invest my November earnings in Bitcoin or not. Have a great day, and thank you for your help.

No,even it may not fall after reaching $12,000 because the market situation now is entirely different from what it was earlier.Now,more countries are getting ready to legalize bitcoin which may increase its demand and price.Also,big financial firms like CME enter the bitcoin market triggering its price more.In fact,when CME announced releasing of bitcoin futures,its price started to grow but was affected by segwit2x problem and BCH getting pumped.So,bitcoin price is expected to increase more.So,bitcoin price may even continue to rise beyond that limit.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Some has misinterpreted the ongoing growth to be a bubble. In my opinion even if this is a bubble, the price won't stay within 10k-12k. The market prediction by experts is very big compared to the other assets. Recent days bitcoin cash seems to be gaining potential over bitcoin and the same won't sustain long.
Activity: 849
Merit: 507
Bitcoin will keep going up for a while, a lot of people, companies, countries, governments and organizations are now taking profit from bitcoin, nobody wants to see it going down, at least not for a while
We are stil making profit over it, why would they want to see it going down again?
Bitcoin is still on their best moments, it can raise a lot during the next few years if governments decide to keep increasing the price just like they have been doing it for more than months from now.
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
They (the govs) will not shut down bitcoin. Bitcoin is now working in all countries favor, is working towards improving the international commerce, the question is if I will have to wait until I'm an old man to visit Monte Carlo (I'm from a "poor" Eastern European country).

Exactly and this is the same sane reason why I believe that bitcoin would continue it's upward trend slowly but surely. This ain't like 2013 anymore where the pump has been manipulated, the current rise in price IMO is genuine but it is a bit overpriced and it is normal that in times, btc would have to correct but it won't dump big time. I can't imagine it happening easily with a constant stream of demands right now generated in Japan and other countries that have legalized btc.
Activity: 459
Merit: 104
Nobody knows what is going to happen mate, but we are in a giant bubble but nobody knows when it is exactly going to explode, the price is purely based on speculations and everytime that someones deposits money into bitcoin, that increases the whole price of it.
But if people keep joining it, the price will go up like it has always did, so the only moment in where we can see it going down is if the governments decide to shutdown bitcoin and spread a lot of fud in order to make people panic and sell all their bitcoins.

They (the govs) will not shut down bitcoin. Bitcoin is now working in all countries favor, is working towards improving the international commerce, the question is if I will have to wait until I'm an old man to visit Monte Carlo (I'm from a "poor" Eastern European country).
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
Nobody knows what is going to happen mate, but we are in a giant bubble but nobody knows when it is exactly going to explode, the price is purely based on speculations and everytime that someones deposits money into bitcoin, that increases the whole price of it.
But if people keep joining it, the price will go up like it has always did, so the only moment in where we can see it going down is if the governments decide to shutdown bitcoin and spread a lot of fud in order to make people panic and sell all their bitcoins.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 282
tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/
if Bitcoin is a bubble i believe the price for this party to stop will not be around $10.000~$12.000 but instead around $50.000 more or less.
for now Bitcoin can not be considered as a bubble because many people still can afford to buy it,
the bubble mean something that overhyped by people and it's about the time to burst it out.
but Bitcoin yet to reach that point because it has a function and advantage compared to others.
at least right now Bitcoin will stay strong until some people or group take a lead.
It's important to factor in the possibility of CME being allowed to step into this market, which will allow hundreds of millions in fresh money to enter. If things go through this year, people will regret not having bought at current levels. That being said, if they aren't allowed to offer Bitcoin tied future trading, we potentially might be up for another dump. However, all this is assuming that the market is anticipating on an approval. If that's not the case, and this market extends its bull run through a large part of the next year without anything being an actual driver, there is not much to say about the short term top. It might be $12,000 as you said, but it could also be $15,000 and maybe even close to $20,000. It's impossible to calculate your risks properly.
I agree with this, if the bitcoin futures market is in fact launched there is going to be a lot of new money entering in bitcoin, this will create a massive interest in bitcoin and that could make the price of bitcoin to keep going up for the rest of the year and maybe for even a longer amount of time, but if it does not happen there is a possibility we get a crash, so at the end OP it is your call, I’m not a trader but a holder so I know that I’m going to keep holding regardless of what happens.

Thank you for your answer (the two answers above). Now I know what I will do.

Thank you also all people here that have made their opinion. This helped me a lot in making my decision, either we will have a long "bitcoin winter" of at least 10 years, either now (the next 2 years) is the time for a big "pump" up to 20k-50k or more.

As someone here was saying I am not a trader but a holder, and I cannot wait until I am 65 years old (now I am 49) to realize my dreams from bitcoin.
(I do have good "theoretical" tradding experience though).

Activity: 462
Merit: 102
By the way I have a hard time connecting your belief to your tittle it just that it doesn’t picture out what you think about bitcoin.. But anyways,, what matters most is the post itself.. I have the same opinion as you are that bitcoin future is so huge that even our own selves can’t figure it out to what should we do.. We ask for collective confidence by other members of the community we belong.. I’m a optimistic guy who always thinks about the good future of bitcoin price and for sure those numbers are possible without timeframe..
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
It's important to factor in the possibility of CME being allowed to step into this market, which will allow hundreds of millions in fresh money to enter. If things go through this year, people will regret not having bought at current levels. That being said, if they aren't allowed to offer Bitcoin tied future trading, we potentially might be up for another dump. However, all this is assuming that the market is anticipating on an approval. If that's not the case, and this market extends its bull run through a large part of the next year without anything being an actual driver, there is not much to say about the short term top. It might be $12,000 as you said, but it could also be $15,000 and maybe even close to $20,000. It's impossible to calculate your risks properly.
I agree with this, if the bitcoin futures market is in fact launched there is going to be a lot of new money entering in bitcoin, this will create a massive interest in bitcoin and that could make the price of bitcoin to keep going up for the rest of the year and maybe for even a longer amount of time, but if it does not happen there is a possibility we get a crash, so at the end OP it is your call, I’m not a trader but a holder so I know that I’m going to keep holding regardless of what happens.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 263
i am not really hope to see Bitcoin to reach that point,
reaching $50.000~$100.000 is a good thing for us traders but at the same time if this continue Bitcoin will lose its value and become the bubble.
right now Bitcoin can not be considered as a bubble because the demand and the usability had lead it to this level.
compared to others,Bitcoin has a lot potential in the future because it's a new thing in our life.
with the technology everything would be instant so we need an easy thing to support us in our life just like it.
think about how much people will use it in the future and how many Bitcoin total supply?
reaching $50.000 is plausible but if we hit it 2 years later,i believe when the correction happen a lot of people will lose their interest.
because the correction would be huge and lead us to massive fud.
Activity: 1134
In present situation it is not possible to predict the exact value of Price. I think everyone of us know that Bitcoin price is an unpredictable job, but there are chances that the price of Bitcoin will reach to 10k mark.

I think cryptocurrency trading volume is kept increasing so there are chances that the price of Bitcoin is increasing.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Well, I do have money in right now, though I'm not going to say that I think Bitcoin is going to be going up to 10-12k because I just can't think this is going to happen. That's an insane price point, and I don't think the traders can deceive people enough to the point where they're able to get Bitcoin to go up another 3000k - 5000k. That's an insane amount of money to be adding to an evergrowing commodity.

Plus that's not going to be good for Bitcoin, as more and more traders are going to be the reason for volatility while everyday people (who we want to join in Btc) are the people who are going to avoid BTC for this very volatility.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
Bitcoin is really unpredictable the price today was tocuh $8k but the price was drop again.. but i feel that the price of bitcoin will not touch in 10k value before end of this year.. and we are seeing price increases normally and its not a bubble price..
The price can be increase more if there is a good news can be happen about bitcoin..like miners fee  could be solve expect that before end of this year bitcoin will be getting ore price increase..
Activity: 177
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
I'm a good trader. Usually I know when to sell and when to buy. I learned this the hard way, during more than 6-8 years of trading. I know to read the market indicators and I can have an educated guess on the price evolution.

But now I want YOUR opinion on this: each time the bitcoin price has gone up, it has increased 10-12 times (not more). The present price of the bitcoin is near this limit. Last time it increased up to 1100 USD (at the end of 2013), now we can expect that it will increase up to 10000-12000 USD.

The market indicators that I am reading tell me that IT IS POSSIBLE that the price of bitcoin will increase up to 50k-100k, in 2 years from now.
So I ask you, what is your educated trader opinion on this: will the bitcoin price go down after 10k-12k and will follow another bubble in 2 years, or will the price of bitcoin continue to rise past 12k steadily.

This is a tricky decisition to make, if I invest my November earnings in Bitcoin or not. Have a great day, and thank you for your help.

The way I see it is that bitcoin has a definite trend upwards but not a steady one, most of those dips are brought about by relatively bad news and market insecurities but not by anything major. The last major downtrend was brought about by something comparable to a complete collapse with huge failures and massive amounts of funds going missing as well as regulatory crackdowns. I foresee that it will take something similar again to really stop bitcoin from its usual pattern which seems to be about a 2 week pump followed by a few days dump and then back to pumping again. Then the question you have to ask is how likely is something like this to happen and when will it happen? For me that's the impossible question, I suspect we will face a major hurdle again before reaching real highs such as 100k but I cannot say this with any real certainty or logic to support it, perhaps it is just a pessimists way of thinking of things.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

Everytime there is a continues price increase, it was always associated with the word "bubble". Let's remove the bubble thing so that we can focus up on the realistic price that bitcoin can reached for a short period of time. Of course anything is possible even by lower chances but don't mind first those things that is considered as unrealisctic "as of the moment". Indicators can state what is possible but without the action it can't happened. Just imagined how much USD dollar must be injected in the market in order to achieved the maximum $100,000 in just 2 years. And on the way, a FUD can happened slowing down the progress.

As long as the price will continue to grow, I don't mind reaching those dream price not so soon as long as it "can" happened realistically.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%

I'm still the skeptic guy. It is possible to crank the numbers that high but we need to squeeze out at least $700 billion more to reach $50K for bitcoin alone, excluding the altcoin market and such. The gains should be insanely high for us to achieve that and few of the world's billionaires to help pump the price up. It's quite improbable just to think of it.

Institutional investors would really steer close once bitcoin futures have been setup properly. CME will set as the precedent for all and I really anticipate a pump since it is kind of bridging the gap between bitcoin and other deep pockets. Mid-December is helluva ride that's for sure.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I can't seeing BTC getting up to 10k before the end of the year AND staying or going above.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

Pages:
Jump to: