Pages:
Author

Topic: Will this setup work for my first mining rig? (Diagram included) - page 3. (Read 782 times)

Activity: 661
Merit: 250
2*850w psu is overkill for 900w of gpu !
just buy less power models and take some good dual pcie cables if it's your point.

I'm running 12 RX 570 on a Fintech without any problem. Don't know about Nvidia.
Activity: 31
Merit: 4

Will this rig of 10 gpus work as I have envisioned it? I am planning on plugging it into a standard US wall outlet. I assume its 15A so that would be about 1500-1600W. I want to get two 850W PSUs with 6 pcie connections and 6 peripheral connections. I would hook up one card to each of the pcie slots and run a molex cable to power two risers from each periph slot. each riser would be plugged into the motherboard via usb obviously. I would have 6 cases fans to start with (will add more if space permits) and they will be connected to the motherboard via splitters. The two psus will use an adapter to hook up to the atx board.

i have some questions, assuming this set up is good to go.

1.Will this board support 10 gpus? I accidentally bought the b250 mining expert for 19 cards but that board can only do 7 nvidia cards at most. are there any such restrictions for this board?
2.the risers draw power from the psus, so do I have to add them to my estimates for power draw? every guide I have read so far says that I only need to calculate the wattage per gpu and add 150 for the fans, cpu and ram.
3.Can I plug the two wall socket plugs into a surge protector so that they only use one wall socket? or should each go into their own plugs on the wall socket?
4. Is it worth buying a used psu (like an evga g2) since the warranty isn't really covered for the second owner? I feel like having the 10 year warranty is a big plus.
Pages:
Jump to: