Pages:
Author

Topic: Will we ever see BTC over $1,200 again? - page 2. (Read 6569 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
very likely
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
March 02, 2017, 12:37:14 PM
No, I can't see it happening

You can see your wallet, especially blockchain.info the bitcoin price of about 1216 dollars. Although I know the price of bitcoin in the wallet and in each trading platforms is different, but I'm sure the differences are not too flashy.
I think recent price is new record of bitcoin achievement. Because more than $1200 is very big amount for bitcoin  Grin

it depends on where you are getting your price from. if you are getting it directly from an exchange API service then it is live and the current reliable price of that exchange service which is mostly the same on top exchanges.
but if you are getting it from some third party service such as the wallet you mentioned it can be an average price and also with some delay so you should always expect some kind of difference.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
March 01, 2017, 07:35:21 PM

You can see your wallet, especially blockchain.info the bitcoin price of about 1216 dollars. Although I know the price of bitcoin in the wallet and in each trading platforms is different, but I'm sure the differences are not too flashy.
I think recent price is new record of bitcoin achievement. Because more than $1200 is very big amount for bitcoin  Grin

I dont think that more then $1200 is bigger amount for bitcoin as their is no valuation of bitcoin price as much the success and acceptance is going to happen that much high price it is going to touch so no higher price is big amount for bitcoin but ya it may be higher for bitcoiners who are using it
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
March 01, 2017, 07:05:58 PM

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
March 01, 2017, 06:28:43 PM
Activity: 248
Merit: 252
April 05, 2015, 10:07:42 AM
A chunk of that may already be priced in, and we get a disappointing fizzle when they actually occur.

I think the halving might have more effect than the other events we're watching, maybe starting a couple of months before, as people get a feel for what the price could be climbing 'from', rather than guessing too far into the future.

If you look at the multi-year price trend (i.e. edit it out the spikes and look for a baseline), it's already perhaps a little higher than where it should be (not that markets are known for being rational), but if we get get out of the mode of thinking of winning the lottery every 6 months, and see it as a standard investment, then it's providing very solid returns based on it's evolution, which are way above inflation.  For all it's volatility, there aren't that many investments available to average Joe that we can say that about.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
April 05, 2015, 09:51:43 AM
both of the events you mentioned are to happen next year. A lot of people here, myself included, is speculating it may push the price up significantly. The bigger will be the deception if that doesn't happen.
Are you sure about the ETF? We've been waiting for it for quite some time now. I mean it is bound to happen. What are the chances of that happening this year?
Indeed. You're definitely right about it. If everyone expects a lot, and nothing big happens that could cause a turmoil. The price could actually either go down or go up but only a little.
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
April 05, 2015, 06:32:24 AM
Some time next year.
We can't really know. There was a lot of speculation in this subforum and even in the one for newbies. A lot of people had anticipated much higher prices in the past and even now.
Predictions have a very high chance of being wrong. I'm hoping though that there will be a positive trend soon. It's either up to the ETF or block halving.
both of the events you mentioned are to happen next year. A lot of people here, myself included, is speculating it may push the price up significantly. The bigger will be the deception if that doesn't happen.
legendary
Terminated.
April 05, 2015, 06:27:02 AM
Some time next year.
We can't really know. There was a lot of speculation in this subforum and even in the one for newbies. A lot of people had anticipated much higher prices in the past and even now.
Predictions have a very high chance of being wrong. I'm hoping though that there will be a positive trend soon. It's either up to the ETF or block halving.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 05, 2015, 06:21:32 AM
Some time next year.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
April 03, 2015, 09:37:27 PM
Much faster than you can imagine

I have a feeling that when everyone is ready, the next wave will be much larger than the previous two wave.  When daily coin supply becomes less and less, and the capital in the play is getting larger and larger, a fireworks party is approaching

Unlike last two times, the advance was mainly caused by technology advancement, the next wave will be driven by combined mining technology improvement and credit expansion when bitcoin can be mortgaged through ETF

Could be, but I actually have a feeling that we may not go as high as everyone is suspecting. I hear people speculating about going north of $5'000... I think that's impossible to achieve with the next wave. But it may be battered-bull syndrome on my side Cheesy

Willybot 2.0 will take btc to 5000 and beyond.

Activity: 518
Trust me!
April 03, 2015, 03:52:23 PM

I have a feeling that when everyone is ready, the next wave will be much larger than the previous two wave.  When daily coin supply becomes less and less, and the capital in the play is getting larger and larger, a fireworks party is approaching

Unlike last two times, the advance was mainly caused by technology advancement, the next wave will be driven by combined mining technology improvement and credit expansion when bitcoin can be mortgaged through ETF

Could be, but I actually have a feeling that we may not go as high as everyone is suspecting. I hear people speculating about going north of $5'000... I think that's impossible to achieve with the next wave. But it may be battered-bull syndrome on my side Cheesy
Activity: 812
April 02, 2015, 01:52:31 PM
Who knows. For now it seems that this bear market is nowhere near its end. More than likely it will go below 200$ once again this year and stay there for a decent period of time.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
April 01, 2015, 07:34:07 PM
yes we will before 2016 end

Why you so sure then not after the 2016 end?
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
April 01, 2015, 07:22:34 PM
I think bitcoin may one day see over 1200 USD again. Who knows when though.. Maybe in mid 2016?
legendary
Terminated.
April 01, 2015, 01:25:32 PM
True.  Just pointing out that a parabolic move late 2013 was manipulated rather than the market finding bitcoin's true value.  The crypto-scene has no regulatory body looking out for it. 
Indeed. Although there is no real evidence one could easily say that it was. The spike was just too high. These days nothing surprises me.
I guess the next time we might see less manipulation, if a rise comes. At least we will be producing less Bitcoin after 2016.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
April 01, 2015, 10:39:15 AM
If yes, when?
Today! Check out charts, it is almost there!
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
April 01, 2015, 03:33:46 AM
True.  We do not know exactly.  It's a good idea that we should because there was clearly  price manipulation that went on at the end of 2013.  It was somethng that would set alarm bells if the SEC were regulating cryptos.  

... Not that I would mind it happening again.  Grin. I hope it does.
It's all speculation and theory. That's why we should stop acting smart, because we won't know what happened. We should focus on the future, rather than remember the dark times of Mt.Gox.

I say if the ETF doesnt happen, I would see similar to how facebook went public on got more public funds.

It wouldnt be facebook obviously, but I`m referring to companies such as SF location esp silicon valley raising funds then selling out at IPO is old news.
So companies like Coinbase for example, would effect traditional investors thus having more skin in the game for price movement.
or it may not be so public at 1st, it would be in on sites like this https://sharespost.com/private-market-insights/sharespost-100-list/
The price is being manipulated, so nothing should surprise us there. Bitcoin is volatile as ever. The times are hard for bitcoin, with media focusing on the bad, markets being manipulated, the upcoming fork and such. Hopefully everything ends up as supposed to.

True.  Just pointing out that a parabolic move late 2013 was manipulated rather than the market finding bitcoin's true value.  The crypto-scene has no regulatory body looking out for it. 
Activity: 635
BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding
March 31, 2015, 01:31:10 PM
yes we will before 2016 end
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
March 31, 2015, 11:43:00 AM

well, I can agree on the part that the next up wave may take us beyond ATH. But it will take a longer while IMO. I see 2015 as a consolidation and base building. Only if we are close enough to the next halving and have enough positive developments (e.g., ETF), we may start another panic buying (mania) phase. But we are far from there for now.
Pages:
Jump to: