Pages:
Author

Topic: Will we see a 'golden age' of Bitcoin startups in the near future? - page 2. (Read 2495 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
golden age yes, but with alot scams  Tongue

Second or Third golden age with less scams than the first and second had XD

GLBSE Era ---> Mtgox Era??? --> Actual corporations era.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

In an unregulated atmosphere u cant eradicate SCAM ever. If u cant live with... go back to FIAT. Govt. will take action against FIAT scams.

governments will take action against BTC scams too.... just give it time.

Then they'll tax it too... just give it time Wink

they already do where i am from. can't escape capital gains in the USA... Cry

If u report uR gain, even Afghanistan will tax u !!!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

In an unregulated atmosphere u cant eradicate SCAM ever. If u cant live with... go back to FIAT. Govt. will take action against FIAT scams.

they already do where i am from. can't escape capital gains in the USA... Cry
legendary

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

legendary

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
There are many bitcoin startups in the past, but mostly in the gambling sector. Now we are going to see more serious ones, hopefully some will revolutionise the bitcoin ecosystem. We had the dotcom boom, this is the bitcoin boom.

Hopefully that will be the case. It will be interesting to see what happens. That's for sure.
Activity: 312
Merit: 250
Aren't we already there? Seeing so much VC capital flow these days....
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
So, we're approaching the mid-90s ('96ish) in terms of the community taking off so w/i a few years it should be the roaring 20s all over again. Cheesy
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
There are many bitcoin startups in the past, but mostly in the gambling sector. Now we are going to see more serious ones, hopefully some will revolutionise the bitcoin ecosystem. We had the dotcom boom, this is the bitcoin boom.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
With Mike Hearn's Lighthouse and things like Swarm coming, are we going to see mass funding of promising companies that might change Bitcoin for the better?

Outside of Bitcoin, in Silicon Valley startup incubators like Ycombinator have been attracting some of the smartest young minds to try their hand at starting the next dropbox or heroku. The immediate financial incentives are incredibly small considering the options that a young coder in Silicon Valley has(it changes, but it's probably not more than 20k upfront to each company).

So my question is if we're going to see some of that spill over into the Bitcoin world now that we have some infrastructure being developed that will hopefully enable the free flow of capital to those who deserve it.

I've followed Bitcoin for many years now and Bitcoin 'investments' in general have been wrought with scams and incompetence. Will it be different now?
Pages:
Jump to: