Pages:
Author

Topic: Will you continue to use Mt. Gox after today? - page 2. (Read 3755 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
DigiByte Founder
Lost quite a bit of money due to the lag today - inability to cancel orders led to them being filled instead of canceled so I could readjust. An active system requires the ability to respond to changing conditions immediately but a 4 minute lag means your order is going to screw you over Sad

And m.mtgox.com is a bloody joke.  Good luck if it keeps you logged in for more than 8 seconds.

Yea, and somehow it keeps submitting duplicate orders, although some of that is my fault for re-submitting when Gox doesn't acknowledge an offer. The cancellation delay is inexcusable though.
I had the same thing happen to me during the flash crash back in the 40's. Couldn't cancel my market order and ended up selling at the absolute bottom. Learned my lesson.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
Lost quite a bit of money due to the lag today - inability to cancel orders led to them being filled instead of canceled so I could readjust. An active system requires the ability to respond to changing conditions immediately but a 4 minute lag means your order is going to screw you over Sad

And m.mtgox.com is a bloody joke.  Good luck if it keeps you logged in for more than 8 seconds.

Yea, and somehow it keeps submitting duplicate orders, although some of that is my fault for re-submitting when Gox doesn't acknowledge an offer. The cancellation delay is inexcusable though.
DigiByte Founder
I would switch to BTC-E if I could transfer without a loss, but the rate disparity doesn't appeal to me for a BTC transfer. Mt Gox needs to get their ducks is a row.
BTC-E is always in last place. I have been hearing good things about Bitfloor recently. Anyone have first had experience?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
I would switch to BTC-E if I could transfer without a loss, but the rate disparity doesn't appeal to me for a BTC transfer. Mt Gox needs to get their ducks is a row.
I prefer Bitstamp, but I don't know if they have the server capacity to handle a horde of goxxed traders looking for better trading grounds. They sure could use the volume, but at a sustainable rate.
DigiByte Founder
Goxlag is the best indicator of possible price movement I can imagine. I'm thinking about writing some script to turn on the alarm and wake me up if goxlag is > X  Cool
But I have just registered an account on Bitstamp. Thinking of moving some funds there.
This is a good point. All though it doesn't seem to lag as much when the price increases. But the flash crashes it seems too. I am going to start testing Bitstamp.
DigiByte Founder
Their engineering team is a joke if they haven't fixed the lag and put online a decent trading engine after MONTHS AND MONTHS of time. They completely blew their lead in the field and will just become a mediocre exchange soon enough.
From what I've heard there is no "team". It's just one guy.
The 18 year old PHP wiz... thats usually how these things work.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Their engineering team is a joke if they haven't fixed the lag and put online a decent trading engine after MONTHS AND MONTHS of time. They completely blew their lead in the field and will just become a mediocre exchange soon enough.
From what I've heard there is no "team". It's just one guy.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
No, decided to move few days ago already, screw those trading lags and centralization.  Wink
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I will use mt gox, but we need more exchanges that can compete with mtgox.
Activity: 482
Merit: 502
Goxlag is the best indicator of possible price movement I can imagine. I'm thinking about writing some script to turn on the alarm and wake me up if goxlag is > X  Cool
But I have just registered an account on Bitstamp. Thinking of moving some funds there.
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Back up to 128 after all the bad news today. Wow.

Yep, they'll survive this, somehow.  Roll Eyes

We desperately need some real competition against it though. A few more serious DDos attacks and the charts may not forgive.
Agreed. Right now Mt. Gox is the Achilles' heel of Bitcoin.

I was just thinking that myself earlier.  Even if Gox stays the primary exchange, hopefully once they adjust / recode / upgrade hardware and software, these issues can hopefully be behind us.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
My second choice was Coinbase, but now they are always sold out.

My third choice is Bitfloor because they allow cash deposits which are normally fast. Except for tonight, when my deposit has been waiting for 2.5 4 hours.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
What's the option if you stopped using them prior to this?
DigiByte Founder
Who has the 2nd most liquidity?
BTC-E Maybe? Or Bitstamp...I am guessing it is between those two.
Activity: 841
Merit: 608
Who has the 2nd most liquidity?
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002

We desperately need some real competition against it though. A few more serious DDos attacks and the charts may not forgive.
Agreed. Right now Mt. Gox is the Achilles' heel of Bitcoin speculators.

FTFY
Activity: 175
Merit: 102

DigiByte Founder

Agreed. Right now Mt. Gox is the Achilles' heel of Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: