Pages:
Author

Topic: Windows 10 Home edition may force updates on you - page 2. (Read 2108 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Windows 7 is probably the best windows there is and its gone down hill from there windows 8 was a complete mess i tried it and took it off the computer right away its got to be the worst since windows 98
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
(ノಠ ∩ಠ)ノ彡B
I am pretty sure, people will find a way to stop from updating Windows 10.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
You do realize that the only valid reason to opt for Windows 10 is DirectX 12 which won't be available on Windows 7 or 8. That's actually the main reason for jumping ship on something stable as Windows 7.
We will be left out and won't be able to play games that require DirectX 12. Forcing updates is the wrong way to go. I would never use a system where they could push updates (or any files for that sake) into your PC.
Incoming "security update" , publisher: NSA.  Roll Eyes

However I rarely see any Home editions of Windows 7. If I  factor in the amounts of PCs that I have repaired, then the dominant version is Ultimate edition.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
i had been using the release preview since 3 months back..now i am happy to see that it has been announced to launch in next month..
already updates are showing in toolbar of my friends laptop..i am very excited to see the what changes they have made in comparison of release preview and their product launch.
Activity: 672
After 7 has completed its time, ill use windows only for games. Moving to linux after this 8 Metro garbage
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005
What is new?

All windows can force update on you
Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
Is this news, we gotta do updates all the time to keep running fast and clean.
This is not news, its old stuff that anyone with windows knows about.
Updates are a normal part of life when you're dealing with billy boy gates.
Activity: 196
I have windows 7 and I am happy with that . Many softwares have problems with new os and therefore I just say NO THANKS to newer versions. I have no free net to let it force update or auto update.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I hope Windows 10 has a better way of downloading and installing updates than its previous versions. Currently it's shit. I love the way Mac OS is handling their updates.

I am on a legit version of Windows 7, and I have a laptop with a legit Windows 8.1, I will try it out on the laptop first as I don't think anything can be worse than Windows 8.

legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006
Why are people so mad about it? As far as I understand, it's for security, since out-of-date systems have been more vulnerable in the past. Also, people who like to tweak every fine detail of their Windows system won't be using the Home edition anyway.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=botched+windows+updates
Activity: 658
Why are people so mad about it? As far as I understand, it's for security, since out-of-date systems have been more vulnerable in the past. Also, people who like to tweak every fine detail of their Windows system won't be using the Home edition anyway.
Activity: 672
I think this is a anti-piracy move and a way to make more money. If home edition users are forced to update, users cannot defer updates which detects piracy. In a corporate environment, companies must purchase pro editions because home edition in a corporate environment will seriously slow down the interent connection when new updates are available.

Windows had been going downhill since XP. I still have XP on my laptop.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I bet they wont force us Linux users to do anything.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1006
where is the windows 9 ? 8 to 10 Huh iam not understand
Activity: 854
Lol, looks like Microsoft have gone totally mad. I don't know how this will influence their sales, time will show.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I have Win7 at home, but I'm already thinking that's a good time to switch. I've seen Linux Mint and I like it.
With Win7 the laptop is crawling. Mint seemed much faster.

I have used Mint few years now and will never go back to Windows!
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I have Win7 at home, but I'm already thinking that's a good time to switch. I've seen Linux Mint and I like it.
Linux is great, but if you have any peripherals, you can kiss them goodbye in almost 90% of the cases. At least this is my case when I try to switch.

It behaved a little strange for my liking with the USB sticks, indeed.
The printer/scanner, instead, worked without any problem.
Activity: 686
Linux is great, but if you have any peripherals, you can kiss them goodbye in almost 90% of the cases. At least this is my case when I try to switch.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Pages:
Jump to: