Pages:
Author

Topic: Winklevoss launching "Gemini" serving bitcoin to wall street on a golden plate - page 4. (Read 8178 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
if they do not fuck it up it is quite big news.

one of the most legimate critiques on bitcoin is the bottleneck problem, e.g. the point where the system interoperates with the fiat world.

this was up to this point valid, because you had to trust exchanges, which were run at best in a grey area of jurisdiction. these exchanges were almost solely responsible for the external price determination of bitcoin.

if they manage to reduce this problem they really strengthen the ecosystem of bitcoin.

Dead on man.  Especially being a well funded New York exchange.

Let's hope they have lock down security.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Good stuff, not sure what's easier to push through ETF or a full exchange  Huh maybe at least one will come through
#

The ETF is a totally fresh beast that'll need to convince lots of powerful people yet. An exchange would be a piece of piss to set up and operate in comparison.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
(an ETF focused on bringing bitcoin investment exposure to main street investors)
WTF is main street?

It means, obviously not you.

Nor you, Capatain Obvious.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Hell No, CoinBase funding, BrainTree and now a New Exchange to much good news crash incoming.
Activity: 427
(an ETF focused on bringing bitcoin investment exposure to main street investors)
WTF is main street?

It means, obviously not you.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
if they do not fuck it up it is quite big news.

one of the most legimate critiques on bitcoin is the bottleneck problem, e.g. the point where the system interoperates with the fiat world.

this was up to this point valid, because you had to trust exchanges, which were run at best in a grey area of jurisdiction. these exchanges were almost solely responsible for the external price determination of bitcoin.

if they manage to reduce this problem they really strengthen the ecosystem of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
I thought they meant the twin towers by Gemini Cheesy well I'll be damned, I was wrong. To Da Mon.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
When is the launch date for this?
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
Just glancing over this and it appears both the Twins follow the Gemini twitter.

https://twitter.com/geminidotcom

I twattered them... lets see if they twatter back confirming.
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
Lol
Fools..
Nothing is going to happen... Except for another big crash
Activity: 242
WTF is main street?

(including me and Tyler)
You would rather say "Tyler and me".

The domain is registered at the Scamhost "GoDaddy" with the email "[email protected]" LoL. (https://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?domain=gemini.com&prog_id=GoDaddy)

A quick search for "Gemini IP, LLC" gives multiple results on google from 2013 and before in different states like Wisconsin and Texas LoL.

They don't have an impress on their site.
legendary
Activity: 2833
Merit: 1851
In order to dump coins one must have coins
Good stuff, not sure what's easier to push through ETF or a full exchange  Huh maybe at least one will come through
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
I'm gonna shit, the site is back! what r we talking about again? Oh yeah, go Winks! I';m for it.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
Tighten your seat belt, the ride is going to be wild  Cool

https://blog.gemini.com/welcome-to-gemini/
Pages:
Jump to: