Pages:
Author

Topic: Wirecard: when the fraudsters are bright Germans - page 2. (Read 347 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
How easy is it to burn $4 billion and pretend nothing happened? Well, it seems that it is actually very easy, even in a country like Germany, which should be an example and role model to other countries in the world. If this is possible in Germany, ask yourself what is being done in some other countries that have a far lower standard when it comes to financial supervision.

CEO of Wirecard Markus Braun is released on bail of 5 million euros, and chief operating officer is already gone to safety (Philippines). All those who file lawsuits do not have to hope too much that they will get their money back, because there is simply no money. As the article states, the accusations against this company go at least 4-5 years into the past, but it is unbelievable that no one wanted to do anything all that time.

Audit firm EY expresses suspicion that this is a very sophisticated fraud "involving multiple parties around the world". But for me, there is no doubt that the greatest responsibility lies with all those who have been closing their eyes in Germany all these years, and their mouths are full of the rule of law that they impose on all EU members. Germany, first sweep in front of your doorstep, and then you can teach others about law, bribery and corruption.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
There've been alarm bells about them for years but the Germans were so enamoured at the idea of having a non industrial unicorn that I think they were indulged no matter what was staring them in the face.

When people decry shitcoins and the translucent shittiness and collective delusion of them it's easy to forget there's no shortage of the same thing in conventional areas of finance too.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Some people told I was crazy to invest in BTC!
Better stick to real money, and put it in real banks, they say.

Have a look at Wirecard, it used to be the leading fintech in Germany.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-wirecard-accounts/wirecard-files-for-insolvency-idUSKBN23W176
Pages:
Jump to: