Pages:
Author

Topic: Wired Magazine: The Inside Story of MtGox - page 2. (Read 2480 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Great article.  Great insight into Mark Karpeles personality and strange behaviors...

-B-
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
From a distance, the world’s largest bitcoin exchange looked like a towering example of renegade entrepreneurism.

Only if you are deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid.

Victim blaming benefits no-one.

"From a distance," the exchange was one of the tops in bitcoin. The proof is in the pudding: the media thought so.
For members of this forum, Mtgox was an obvious disaster, however, we are the minority.

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/03/bitcoin-exchange/

A Quote:

Ver and Powell were set to work through the weekend, but when they arrived at the company’s tiny office that Saturday, there was a surprise. Mark Karpeles had decided to take the weekend off. The two volunteers were flabbergasted. “I thought that was completely insane and demoralizing for the rest of the team,” Powell remembers. On Monday, Powell says, Karpeles did return to work, but he spent part of the day stuffing envelopes. “I was like: ‘Dude why are you doing this? You can do this anytime. The site is offline. You need to get the site online.’”

Finally, some actual journalism.

Cliffs: Mark is narcissistic, incompetent and lazy.

I suspect that in the US, with such gross negligence, his personal assets, which I am sure are substantial and exceed his company's "debts," would not be protected in a bankruptcy case. All that needs to be shown is that he intermingled finances.
Pages:
Jump to: