Pages:
Author

Topic: Wish I had seen the potential in 2009 - page 2. (Read 2050 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
December 22, 2013, 08:28:36 AM
Everyone reading this post is an early adopter. When I got into bitcoin in 2011, people were posting, "I wish I were an early adopter." Now people call me an early adopter. In 2015, people will tell you they wish they were an early adopter, just like you.

This is so true ... 2-3 years from now, if you stay in the crypto game you will be one of the grassroots investors in alt-coins.

The barrier to entry to buy most of the coins is huge to the average individual!  For example if you want to buy Quarkcoin you have to first buy Bitcoins (not an easy thing to do) then go to an exchange and buy Quark.  Most people dont have the patience to do that, as well as the know-how.  Ask your parents you want some bitcoin for Christmas and they will have no clue where to start.

And what about the mining?  Took me 2 days to get a small rig setup to mine litecoin with all the hardware & code setup.

This is the beginning...   

I absolutely agree that this is the beginning. Many of us are in it to make some quick money but I personally think it's more about waiting and trying to innovate. So far, it looks like we're on the right path and we will have a bright future. Cryptocurrencies will only be expanding through time, so yes I agree that it's only the beginning
Activity: 42
December 22, 2013, 08:16:01 AM
tazman2150 are you serious you lost highly worth bitcoins like that if yes then really it’s a big tragedy. In last few days I have come across various similar stories who are regretting for the reason that they didn’t took bitcoins seriously and thought it junk at that time. Well I guess people will be regretting in 2020 that they didn’t brought in 2013 at reasonable rates
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
December 22, 2013, 01:45:58 AM
Everyone reading this post is an early adopter. When I got into bitcoin in 2011, people were posting, "I wish I were an early adopter." Now people call me an early adopter. In 2015, people will tell you they wish they were an early adopter, just like you.

This is so true ... 2-3 years from now, if you stay in the crypto game you will be one of the grassroots investors in alt-coins.

The barrier to entry to buy most of the coins is huge to the average individual!  For example if you want to buy Quarkcoin you have to first buy Bitcoins (not an easy thing to do) then go to an exchange and buy Quark.  Most people dont have the patience to do that, as well as the know-how.  Ask your parents you want some bitcoin for Christmas and they will have no clue where to start.

And what about the mining?  Took me 2 days to get a small rig setup to mine litecoin with all the hardware & code setup.

This is the beginning...   

you make a very good point. if bitcoin were easy to buy imagine what that would do to the price. well that day is coming. okpay will be bringing bitcoin to 28000 retail shops in the uk in 2014
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
December 22, 2013, 01:37:29 AM

This is the beginning...   
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
December 21, 2013, 10:41:55 PM
There may be analogous opportunities right now. I think NXT is really promising.
I agree with you.
I have ~10k of NXT

very nice! nxt is a big risk, just like bitcoin was early on, but i think its the one alt that has serious potential for being a real bitcoin competitor someday. Just cross your fingers and pray that the source code is actually published on jan 3 and that it stands up to peer review.
Activity: 8
December 21, 2013, 10:08:34 PM
There may be analogous opportunities right now. I think NXT is really promising.
I agree with you.
I have ~10k of NXT
Activity: 5
December 21, 2013, 10:01:35 PM
Dont we all... Grin
Activity: 10
December 21, 2013, 09:41:30 PM
Past the greed of making money with trading I really honestly hope to be able to use cryptocurrencies as my main banking service one day.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
December 21, 2013, 09:38:31 PM
Hopefully around 2016 we will all be saying 'I'm glad I saw the potential in 2013'..
December 21, 2013, 09:24:46 PM
After looking at many coins charts I noticed they almost all one thing in common. They have a very low resistance for 2-3 months and then a huge out of scale pump and then everyone jump out the boat and head to their nearest Lamborghini dealer.. An the one that bought just a little to try get to buy a new bus cushion. Oh and those who sold after few week watch the news and cry a lot.

Also this site's choice of forum software and database performance SDMB's.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
December 21, 2013, 09:24:10 PM

I dont feel like early adopter, but maybe your right  Wink
Activity: 2
December 21, 2013, 09:11:06 PM
I forgot how long ago it was but i remember looking at bitcoin when there was a site that would give you a free bitcoin and it was ran on donations. I'm pretty sure bitcoin was worthless back then too.
December 21, 2013, 09:10:37 PM
In 2009 I said meh...

in 2010 I said This thing is still around!? Damn..

in 2011 I said It will die any minute now

One day I see it's still alive around 100$ and I tell myself lets buy some but didn't.

Today I see how great it is. I see how of a world changer this thing is.

Doge to the moon !
Activity: 409
Merit: 10
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
December 21, 2013, 09:09:44 PM
Everyone reading this post is an early adopter. When I got into bitcoin in 2011, people were posting, "I wish I was an early adopter." Now people call me an early adopter. In 2015, people will tell you they wish they were an early adopter, just like you.

so true lol Smiley
i don't know if we have the opportunity in the future but lets keep our eyes open
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 21, 2013, 09:05:31 PM
Everyone reading this post is an early adopter. When I got into bitcoin in 2011, people were posting, "I wish I was an early adopter." Now people people call me an early adopter. In 2015, people will tell you they wish they were an early adopter, just like you.

+1
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
December 21, 2013, 08:59:59 PM
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 21, 2013, 08:57:50 PM
Time goes on, new opportunities arise~~~
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 21, 2013, 08:54:18 PM
I actually mined like 3 blocks with my CPU back when it first started, but I didn't care enough to hold onto the wallet ;_;
Those coins are probably still there today, just sitting around doing nothing, while I'm here broke Sad
Activity: 1
December 21, 2013, 08:07:17 PM
I remember when bit coin was $13 dollars. If only I wasn't so cheap...
Activity: 26
December 21, 2013, 07:39:29 PM
I can't really say that missing the BTC train was the issue for me - just simply knowing about trains going at all. Also been handicapped with many other real life issues recent years but I have to say it would have really been a lot of fun to be there from the very beginning. And that not only from monetary point of view.

Well it's onto alt coins now and sure it's all far from over.
Pages:
Jump to: