Pages:
Author

Topic: With the Hard Fork coming, will anyone who has BTC will Get BCC?? - page 2. (Read 1351 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
There can be two different cases-

1. You own private keys of your wallet - If your answer is 'yes' to this question then you can surely claim BCC with your current balance on address by simply adding private keys to BCC wallet.

2. You don't own private keys - If you using third-party hosted wallet like exchange and web wallets, the decision whether you get or don't get BCC will be dependent on exchange or wallet's opinion. Every exchange has different views on this. I am receiving e-mails from almost every wallet about its take on fork. Better read their personal opinions.
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
I have a Question, I have heard that with the Hard Fork coming this 1st of August, if you own BTC you will get also the same amount of BCC, but the question is how will you get the BCC, will your wallet or exchange open another wallet for you and get you there the BCC or how will that work?

For instance if you have your BTC on the wallet blockchain.info, will they get your BCC in the same wallet or in another one? In case you have BTC in a exchange like Kraken or Coinbase, will they also get you your BCC? or how will it work?
Most of the exchanges have made their stand clear whether they will be supporting BCC or not and most of them aren't supporting two blockchains. So it is better to keep your bitcoin in a hardware or software wallet and hold your private keys. After 1st August you can import your private keys to the wallet which will be supporting BCC and can claim your BCC equivalent to BTC you hold.
Activity: 602
Merit: 253
How can you get BCC using cold storage? Been using electrum to store all my bitcoin before this event takes place.
Here's what I found : https://electrum.org/bcc.txt
Activity: 602
Merit: 253
I have a Question, I have heard that with the Hard Fork coming this 1st of August, if you own BTC you will get also the same amount of BCC, but the question is how will you get the BCC, will your wallet or exchange open another wallet for you and get you there the BCC or how will that work?

For instance if you have your BTC on the wallet blockchain.info, will they get your BCC in the same wallet or in another one? In case you have BTC in a exchange like Kraken or Coinbase, will they also get you your BCC? or how will it work?
It depends on the exchanges itself.

Some may support it and others not.
Here's some exchanges that will support BCC and already announced it: Bittrex, kraken, Okcoin, Bitfinex and more.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
it differs massively from place to place. you're better off checking your exchange or wallet provider's twitter or blog.

as blockchain.info doesn't have your private keys they're not in charge of your bcc either.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: