Pages:
Author

Topic: without regulation of those exchanges, btc will never be in a high price - page 3. (Read 3559 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 260
I have absolutely no clue what you are going on about. None of what you said makes sense.

haha, that's priceless!  Grin

Anyway, this all has been summed up long ago by Benjamin Franklin in his famous "They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." quote. Still applies.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
yes, I support this idea, people want make money using btc, but they want their money to be safe as well, so appropriate regulations are needed!

This sounds like what the ancients said about their gold bars... "we want our money to be safe, lets give all of our gold to the government. They'll know what to do, they'll secure our wealth"... Fast foward a hundred or so years and, all of a sudden, the Gold Bars are no longer and we have been conned into swapping worthless IOU's in the place of actual money.

Regulation = systematic theft / fraud / pillaging of the people's wealth - and, with people like you in existence, they will do it again...

+1

regulation by others over individual store of wealth is immoral and unnecessary. The people will take care of business. yes Mt. Gox is a sad thing and honestly all those involved should be rounded up and hung. They are thieves and they deserve the retribution of those that they scammed.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
This sounds like what the ancients said about their gold bars... "we want our money to be safe, lets give all of our gold to the government. They'll know what to do, they'll secure our wealth"... Fast foward a hundred or so years and, all of a sudden, the Gold Bars are no longer and we have been conned into swapping worthless IOU's in the place of actual money.

Regulation = systematic theft / fraud / pillaging of the people's wealth - and, with people like you in existence, they will do it again...

I have absolutely no clue what you are going on about. None of what you said makes sense.

My US dollars are worthless IOUs? How am I able to purchase things with them? I can BUY gold bars with them if I'd like. If they were worthless IOUs, they would be worthless, but they're not.

You seem to want some fantasy to exist right now that doesn't.
Activity: 475
Merit: 255
We do not want Bitcoin to repeat (regulatory) mistakes of the past. We do not want Bitcoin to be like the "real" economy. We want it to be better, to be superior. Being not regulated is integral part of this superiority.
However, Bitcoin offers possibility of regulation via third parties and voluntary extensions of the protocol. But the most important thing is that it is voluntary and not enforceable. People will choose by adoption...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The thing is that every aspect of the bitcoin technology has to be decentralized. Traditional regulation and fiat exchanges doesn't offer that, which is why it is useless. There is nothing wrong with bitcoin, there was something wrong with MtGox.
What we need is decentralized exchanges that can exchange between different coins. That would add valuable resilience, robustness and security for everyone, regardless of skin color, gender, location or whatever.
We have to stop begging for some central entity to hold our hands.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
yes, I support this idea, people want make money using btc, but they want their money to be safe as well, so appropriate regulations are needed!

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
it is a joke that lots of guys here are preferring mtgox than supervision.
Could any one show an evidence that btc will be destroyed by supervision? I guess no.
The only way now to push a Higher price Is by the exchanges, and without stability and trustworthiness, no one could ever guarantee enough trading to keep a good price.
Why they are jokes? The real aims of people here are not making contributes to btc, but only earning more money, however they deny those regulations to keep exchanges transparent. Since they won't contribute btc evolving more to the real economy, it will just be a logic deadlock.
In fact, every exchange is mtgox. I never trust any moral discipline of an exchange. These are things only related to humanity, not capital. Such a disorder of exchangeS, as they will eventually keep a higher and higher gate to normal people, will kill tradings, the best thing in raising price of btc
Pages:
Jump to: