Pages:
Author

Topic: Wolf of Wall Street (Jordan Belfort) - "ICO's are the biggest scam ever"! - page 2. (Read 819 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
With more and more currency daily, its becoming hard to identify genuine ones
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
This is one of the disadvantage crypto currencies or altcoins is it's decentralized nature cause it is not own by anyone thus people can use it however they like whether good or bad. So now the job of one the of the biggest CEO in the US is to accused bitcoin everyday as fraud when bitcoin enters a dip they buy lots of it because they think it is more profitable than their actual business. I rather invest or altcoin or bitcoin than listen to a capitalist who is threatened by this digital currencies.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I think that not all ICO's are scam. Not all, but a majority of em. If you believe what team is doing you can invest.
I believe in Confideal.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
He does have a point that anyone could start up a token, sell a token that has no product but a vision, then disappear or defunct the project.  Everyone would have to use due diligence to find the best ones that suite the cyrptocurrency market.  Every ICO is a risk but as they say, the higher the risk, the greater the reward.
Activity: 294
Merit: 125
I also watched that movie and im saddened because in order to achieve great wealth you need to dump other people. The movie story is somehow true.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
You talk about ICOs being scam, you are the first idiot investing on every new ICO, it is so easy to get money from people, they are posting threads to sell you tokens. you think because it's on Ξ blockchain it must be legit? lol you not. I am the girls jumper of wall street.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
But is it always true that 90percent of ico are scam?

No, but a large percentage are just crap. Read:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/3-kinds-of-icos-protect-yourself-2243157
Well written thread for education , for me personally it's pretty obvious that recently ICO used as a scam opportunity ,
Too much bad people , the one who have a real plan and real products sometimes has no interest in it ,
It's because the scam ico always offering non sense rewards ,
And people as always hooked and get trapped there , not surprising at all greedy people everywhere.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I somewhat agree with what Mr. Belfort said about ICOs. Not all, but a majority of the ICOs are scam and if it can't be controlled now, it will become similar to the hyip market. People will raise money by showing a great concept to the mass and then run away with that money without actually bringing that project into reality. China has already banned ICO and as per some recent news, Canada has started cracking down some ICO scammers recently. ICO market needs a big time cleanup otherwise, it will only bring down the reputation of crypto currency market.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
He don't have to conclude that all of the ICOs are scam. There are legit ICOs that are getting investors to pursue their project but there are others also that are collecting money from their investors and will eventually scam them. And it definitely there's an interconnection between this guy and also Jamie Dimon because they keep on talking against bitcoin every time there will be published articles.

The problem is ICO's, not Bitcoin.
~snip~

Yes, good catch and additional info.They are all hiding in bitcoin's name and the most affected coins when the talk is about cryptocurrency is bitcoin. And with this statement of Jordan Belfort, bitcoin is the most affected coin for this because those people that really don't have an idea about crypto's when ICO's or cryptocurrencies are involved to scam, they are thinking that it's bitcoin.

Yes, there are legit ICO's and having a legit projects. They want to raised funds by issuing tokens. Like the kickstarter, ICO's is another way to do it where digital currency is used. Too bad, ICO's are not regulated where anyone can do it even scammer.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 306

its true but paradox is that statement coming from jordan belfort Smiley
jlp
Activity: 266
Merit: 264

No, but a large percentage are just crap. Read:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/3-kinds-of-icos-protect-yourself-2243157
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
jlp
Activity: 266
Merit: 264
Activity: 182
Maybe he can right.his's probably.i make a lot of money also i lose a lot of money on the ICO's i will never invest ICO's because its just unnecessary.I have to find very prommisng project to invest
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Some people use ICOs to scam people therefore all ICOs are scam
Some people use registered companies to scam people therefore ... ICOs are scam trust me I'm Jordan Belfort

all these wall street people calling ICOs scam and btc a fraud are just proving that they're terrified of cryptocurrencies. hashtag moon
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-wall-street-piles-into-cryptocurrencies-others-speak-of-biggest-scam-ever-.aspx?article=11651517744H11690&redirect=false&contributor=Wolf+Richter

I don’t remember ever having seen crazier times of more pandemic proportions.

“It is the biggest scam ever, such a huge gigantic scam that’s going to blow up in so many people’s faces. It’s far worse than anything I was ever doing,” explained Jordan Belfort concerning ICOs (initial coin offerings) of cryptocurrencies. The former penny-stock broker portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street should know: He spent 22 months in the hoosegow for securities fraud and money-laundering.

The biggest scammer called something a scam.
He is probably already in and making money out of it Smiley)
Oh, what is that? And oh? I'm not surprised with it. In USA there is a lot of bankers and at the same time, i can call them all as scammer, to replace the real gold as the real world currency with useless paper. I just ripped off my fiat money and boom it is worth nothing.
I heard so many times about that. Rusia gives a good feedback right now.
US just think if the world is only in the US. They are all may do a travelling into somewhere.
Activity: 233
Merit: 101
ICO's have ruined cryptocurrency.

Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go to Jail.

And no, there is no 'good' ICO.
You're either memeing real hard or you didn't dig deep enough. Sure, >99% of ICOs are either trash or outright scams, but that doesn't mean that there is no good ICO.

Agreed. I loved reading this article. ICO's are incredibly volatile - and now the whole PRE-ICO is even scarier of a concept (could go even better - or basically pre-fund a fund of a scam LOL)
Activity: 182
ICO's have ruined cryptocurrency.

Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go to Jail.

And no, there is no 'good' ICO.
You're either memeing real hard or you didn't dig deep enough. Sure, >99% of ICOs are either trash or outright scams, but that doesn't mean that there is no good ICO.
Activity: 1890
1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org
http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-wall-street-piles-into-cryptocurrencies-others-speak-of-biggest-scam-ever-.aspx?article=11651517744H11690&redirect=false&contributor=Wolf+Richter

I don’t remember ever having seen crazier times of more pandemic proportions.

“It is the biggest scam ever, such a huge gigantic scam that’s going to blow up in so many people’s faces. It’s far worse than anything I was ever doing,” explained Jordan Belfort concerning ICOs (initial coin offerings) of cryptocurrencies. The former penny-stock broker portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street should know: He spent 22 months in the hoosegow for securities fraud and money-laundering.

Just about anyone can call themselves a startup, make promises of future products or services, and sell digital tokens to raise funds. These digital tokens become tradable cryptocurrencies. Buyers do not receive any ownership of the startup, which is what traditional startup investors get. Instead they’re usually promised something in the future, such as free access to the service once available. It doesn’t really matter what the promises are because people buy the tokens to get rich, hoping that they’re getting into the hottest cryptocurrency on the ground floor. ICOs are not regulated and anything goes.

Cheesy Cheesy

he might have been unlucky, following a scam project,  Cheesy
so he was depressed and tried to poison other peoples minds in order not to contribute anymore in any project,
remember , not all ICO projects are SCAM ..
Activity: 361
Government regulations are necessary. I guess it will take another 2-3 years to feel confident about ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: