Pages:
Author

Topic: woman's gym membership revoked for complaining about sex pervert in locker room - page 2. (Read 1543 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
If you are going to have women only changing, you can't allow men in who feel like women. 
Post-op is a different thing, then they are trans-gender and, though not genetically, they are women. 

I guess they could just have communal changing areas with stalls for everyone, that's what my local swimming pool has.  Otherwise everything gets too complicated.
Is the point of sepearated changing that you change with people like you, or that there is no possible sexual arousal in the changing rooms?  If it is the latter, then it should be done by sexual orientation rather than gender.  Like I say it is complicated, I wouldn't want to have to deal with it!
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I think the idea behind this is that sex and gender are not necessarily the same. Usually they are, but not always. Sex is a biological concept and is determined by your chromosomes and physical attributes while gender is a social concept. Someone can be biologically male but identify as female, or vice versa. Or at least that's how I think it works. In this case, the gym decided to segregate people depending on their gender rather than their biological sex.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
what has the world come to?

A Michigan woman's Planet Fitness membership was revoked after she complained about a transgender person in the women's locker room.

Yvette Cormier, a 48, said she was walking into the Midland Planet Fitness locker room last Saturday when she saw someone "dressed like a man."

The person was wearing a wig and "a little bit of blush," but was "huge" and appeared "very manly," Cormier told ABC News today.

"I just stopped right there in my tracks," she said. "It was a man for sure."

Cormier, who had been a Planet Fitness member for two months, said she went to the front desk immediately. The man at the desk told her that Planet Fitness policy is "whatever gender you feel you are, that's the locker room you're allowed to go in," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/planet-fitness-revokes-womans-membership-transgender-complaint/story?id=29465983
Pages:
Jump to: