Pages:
Author

Topic: Wonder who this solominer is? 88.6.216.9 - page 9. (Read 60438 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I think it's interesting info.

does this graph only represent to the 26th? Wasn't totally clear how long they've been pulling the bots into their sinkhole, may have only really happened in the last 24h?

the last valid datapoint is march 28th. after that the chart very unelegantly shows "0", which is not a real datapoint (no data for march 29th yet, too lazy to adjust the data ranges, sorry 'bout that)
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I think it's interesting info.

does this graph only represent to the 26th? Wasn't totally clear how long they've been pulling the bots into their sinkhole, may have only really happened in the last 24h?
Activity: 1596
Merit: 502
is this interesting info? if so, I'll keep posting once in a while.

so, still mining Wink
Your percentage is wrong, I think you probably mean part? Smiley
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
is this interesting info? if so, I'll keep posting once in a while.

so, still mining Wink
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
Maybe related:

Huh
Activity: 532
from jake262144:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.824573

Security researchers kill Kelihos again after Bitcoin crime spree
http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/03/p2p-botnets-the-bigger-they-come-the-faster-they-fall.ars

"In addition to spamming and distributed denial-of-service attacks, this latest botnet was capable of both stealing Bitcoin wallets from infected computers, and BitCoin mining, which uses the resources of victimized computers to make new Bitcoins."

Activity: 560
Ad astra.
Oops, I managed to derail this thread. Ah well, with 27 pages, I guess it was only a matter of time.
donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm working on a patch that solves block hashes analytically without requiring to brute-force SHA. Then, you simply set the blocktime variable to the desired value and off you go.
I'm in the testing phase right now, set it to 1 block per hour, just to make sure I won't destabilize the bitcoin enterprise, but I still need to add tx to the equation; people seem to get uncomfortable with all these zero tx blocks right now.
Well, once I fixed that I will offer the patch for just $9.95 to everybody!  

Mystery solved. Grin
We need a like button for posts like this Cheesy

Thanks! How often did I look for that button on this board but couldn't find it?
Now it's there (SMF ver. 1.1.16-s), just before my eyes, a dream come true!
SMF is becoming a social network platform after all!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
I'm working on a patch that solves block hashes analytically without requiring to brute-force SHA. Then, you simply set the blocktime variable to the desired value and off you go.
I'm in the testing phase right now, set it to 1 block per hour, just to make sure I won't destabilize the bitcoin enterprise, but I still need to add tx to the equation; people seem to get uncomfortable with all these zero tx blocks right now.

Mystery solved. Grin

donator

Mystery solved. Grin

Thank you. Maybe we can join forces and combine our hashrate patches for future releases and rule the bitcoin network (also, I don't include the fpga option yet, dang!).  Embarrassed

Mystery solved. Grin
donator
Speaking of, I wrote this really cool mining program that will double your hashrate - just don't upload it to VirusTotal. Anyone interested? Wink
I use the setting runningspeed=200% in my config file, works very good.
I was pretty sure it was hashesdouble=1, but that might require the extra warp coprocessor.

I submit hashes and also send my hashes thru the subspace communicator getting them tomorrow.  exponential expanding them every 3 days.
I'm currently working on a patch for the miner software that skips the nounces that are no share.
The patch will work for all cpu/gpu/fpga/botnet miners.
No settings or subspace things necessary that way

Mystery solved. Grin
Speaking of, I wrote this really cool mining program that will double your hashrate - just don't upload it to VirusTotal. Anyone interested? Wink
I was pretty sure it was hashesdouble=1, but that might require the extra warp coprocessor.

I submit hashes and also send my hashes thru the subspace communicator getting them tomorrow.  exponential expanding them every 3 days.
I'm currently working on a patch for the miner software that skips the nounces that are no share.
The patch will work for all cpu/gpu/fpga/botnet miners.
No settings or subspace things necessary that way
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

I submit hashes and also send my hashes thru the subspace communicator getting them tomorrow.  exponential expanding them every 3 days.
rjk
1ngldh
I agree with gigavps; chances are the application will just infect your computer.
Just try it in a virtual machine like virtual box.
Would be nice to run wireshark and try to understand how it communicates.
Activity: 560
Ad astra.
Has anyone bought it, or even tried to contact the guy?

I might try to, but only if others aren't actively pursuing it.  I don't know enough about paypal to understand if buying this might lead to an account shutdown (even if the software was purely bought in the interest of shutting it down)...
* fuuka is wimp

I don't see why it matters. If you have a botnet, you can simply install a normal mining program and use a rootkit to hide it from the OS - no need for some untrusted application.

I agree with gigavps; chances are the application will just infect your computer.

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Has anyone bought it, or even tried to contact the guy?

I might try to, but only if others aren't actively pursuing it.  I don't know enough about paypal to understand if buying this might lead to an account shutdown (even if the software was purely bought in the interest of shutting it down)...
* fuuka is wimp
Activity: 308
I saw a block from Donate@home (http://donateathome.org/) that was empty earlier today.  They probably aren't the 20% bandit, though.
rjk
1ngldh
If I understand this correctly, he just provides the software so you can turn your existing botnet in to a bitcoin farm. Thats probably not even illegal.

Maybe the software he is selling is infecting the purchasers computer for his own botnet....

In any case, he says "don't upload to virustotal", so someone needs to get right on that. Also, pay with paypal so that you can charge the fucker back and also get more info.
Pages:
Jump to: