Pages:
Author

Topic: Wondering why Trolling is still against the forum rules . - page 2. (Read 1790 times)

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
In most cases abuse is not planned,it happens in a fist of anger while troll is done on purpose,sometimes to settle scores.This is not to say that abuse should be allowed and troll not.Both should be dealt strictly
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
The first guy should definitely be nuked, I'm surprised why he hasn't been yet. Well trolling is one reason(one instance is quite tolerable in fact) but according to the tag from cyrus, he has been sending unsolicited phishing links via PM(which AFAIK warrants at least a temp ban for high-ranked members)
Some staff members do not prefer to use nuke as others, ergo the user that you're speaking of was banned.

Like Spoetnik?  I mean, trolling is trolling, right?  He's obviously trolling but never seems to get banned.  
There are some very complicated users that create complex situations. If you feel like he should be banned, you can always contact a global moderator.

I think nobody gets banned by trolling slightly.
Excessive trolling is what needs no toleration.  Maybe mods should change the wordings slightly.
Technically that is correct. If you do make a constructive post and part of it is used for trolling, usually nothing happens.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
And then you get fine, upstanding citizens like TECSHARE who acts like a cunt when someone disagrees with him, even going so far as to troll on trust pages (hint:  see my trust page).

Lets be clear about this. I don't act like a cunt with people just for disagreeing with me, however if you act like a cunt I will treat you as such. I tried to have a civil discussion with you, but you repeatedly made it personal. I tried to PM you so we could work out our differences like adults but you were not interested and blocked me.

Since I was not interested in shitting up one of the threads we were having a discussion in, I left a NEUTRAL rating on your trust page so other people have a record of your cunty behavior as a way of defending my own reputation since you are so fond of personally attacking me. You are just here to jerk yourself off, I am here to trade, you attack me personally and threaten my ability to trade, that is not acceptable for me. If I bothered to do this with everyone who disagreed with me I would never have time to eat or sleep. The moral of the story, don't act like a cunt and you won't get treated like one.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
It isn't against the rules to throw humor into a constructive post. Its against the rules to go completely off topic and derail a thread with non constructive information. There are some notorious "trolls" who are top quality posters. They use humor to better get their points across and bring interest to threads. The people that are bad at it are the ones that aren't allowed.
Like Spoetnik?  I mean, trolling is trolling, right?  He's obviously trolling but never seems to get banned.  And then you get fine, upstanding citizens like TECSHARE who acts like a cunt when someone disagrees with him, even going so far as to troll on trust pages (hint:  see my trust page).  Nothing seems to get done.  And yet there is SebastianJu getting banned for consecuposting.  This forum, as much as I like it, is like the schoolyard playground.  Ugh.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Trolling is defined wider for some than others,I consider the XT shill and the current block size fud as trolling because it does not stay in one thread usually and spreads out like mushrooms to pop up all over the forum. Thats the trolling that bothers me the most,when people are misleading for economic gain. The mental trolling I can laugh at after I picked my self off the ground for falling for it.

Belittling and swearing just tells me the person is using curse words to mask their posts or is not intelligent enough to have a grasp on anger issues or politeness. The first tactic is used mostly by alt accounts here.
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
Trolling is some kind of making fun of others or harassing the victim.

I think nobody gets banned by trolling slightly.
Excessive trolling is what needs no toleration.  Maybe mods should change the wordings slightly.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
The first guy should definitely be nuked, I'm surprised why he hasn't been yet. Well trolling is one reason(one instance is quite tolerable in fact) but according to the tag from cyrus, he has been sending unsolicited phishing links via PM(which AFAIK warrants at least a temp ban for high-ranked members)

The second one is a bit iffy, if he continually does/did it might be temp-ban worthy but considering there aren't much mods with temp-ban powers, it might slip through. But who knows, with SaltySpitoon being somewhat active these days, we might get a replacement for the strict bans warranted by BB.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
It isn't against the rules to throw humor into a constructive post. Its against the rules to go completely off topic and derail a thread with non constructive information. There are some notorious "trolls" who are top quality posters. They use humor to better get their points across and bring interest to threads. The people that are bad at it are the ones that aren't allowed.
legendary
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This is much worse than trolling.Trolls never hurt anybody's sentiments.
It can; trolling is just a waste of time, especially on a forum like this. How could you expect to have a decent discussion with someone if trolls kept attacking you from every angle?

As far as the person quoted is concerned: Even though technically you are allowed to use offensive language and whatnot, cases in which the user is only being abusive and does not add anything to the discussion will be dealt with. This goes against the first two rules as listed in this section.

legendary
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
The thing with trolling is that the posts are useless and often offtopic. So people will get notifications for posts that have no value, wasting their time.

Might be trolling is not an issue in meta subforum but I can see why users report trolls.

Next thing is that there is an immense amount of threads opened daily only trying to spread fud to move the bitcoin price in one direction or the other.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
You have an ignore function, use it.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
These abusive posts would be deleted too, if they were reported, is my opinion.
Have you tried reporting them?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
I get it, as mature adults we are suppose to deal with users professionally.But is little bit of humor too bad for the forum ? I mean there are people abusing the heck out each other in the posts or using racial slurs to bring down their oppositions.Even respected members throw dirt at each holding grudges and many such posts exists .There are other bunch of butthurt spammers who freely use abusive words or say abuse the entire system ,for example this

Fuck you DannyHamilton shit, already found the answer suck your mother's dick now bitcoin's bitch Smiley

or this :

@op is not kralle!!
i am the only real kralle

have a taste of my BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!

This is much worse than trolling.Trolls never hurt anybody's sentiments.Moreover isn't it one of the latest Internet Generation trends to be followed ?

Not sure if it makes sense to anyone else,just a thought worth sharing.

Pages:
Jump to: