Pages:
Author

Topic: WoodCollector the saga continues?.... - page 5. (Read 7283 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 27, 2015, 02:13:31 PM
Where is he saying this?
Here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10260178

Let me clarify my point. I noticed the absence of "hand carved" and I thought that was a tacit admission of guilt, while still keeping the statement just vague enough for somebody to potentially believe these to be hand carved. Technically his statement is accurate, but incomplete/vague.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
January 27, 2015, 01:35:16 PM
Note that he is no longer saying "hand carved", just carved.
For reference:
Carved = design comes out of the base surface
Engraved = design is into the base surface

Where is he saying this? He doesn't seem to be saying much of anything right now. Besides, I don't think whatever he says is going to matter much. The damage is already done.

More important, he's not giving any money back to customers that wanted a refund. 
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
January 27, 2015, 01:19:38 PM
Seems he is now locking his threads after putting in pictures of his artwork.
Thats what he did with his latest work Black Swan. Did he commision it before the scam accusaiton or after it ?
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
January 27, 2015, 12:01:58 PM
For reference:

Where is he saying this? He doesn't seem to be saying much of anything right now. Besides, I don't think whatever he says is going to matter much. The damage is already done.
January 27, 2015, 11:55:37 AM
For reference:
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
January 27, 2015, 10:42:47 AM
why don't you talk with him by phone? Smiley

We don't have his phone number Sad
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
January 27, 2015, 10:40:00 AM
why don't you talk with him by phone? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
January 27, 2015, 10:35:28 AM
Here's a detail of that watermark:

As you can see, there's "d", "e", and part of a "p". I wonder what logo that is?

Oh, it's the Deposit Photos logo. Now where have I seen that logo before? Oh, right, all over this image:

Which WoodCollector is burning into a piece of wood here, as of yesterday: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10260178

So, he admitted to using one stolen image (the lion?) and was just caught using another (the hand), and we found sources for all the rest of the images on the same stock photo website, but he totally has licenses for everything, he swears! He can even provide the receipt from his email!
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
January 27, 2015, 10:25:17 AM
Just watched the video.  Is there another one?  Because that one is a joke in terms of being proof of anything.  In fact, it looks like proof of laser etching to me.  He had already laser etched the design and just needed to dremel away what we left.  I'm not even talking about the level of detail, just the fact that I can see with my own eyes that it was laser etched before hand and he is just shaving away what is left with a dremel.  What a joke!

If he wanted to prove anything he easily could and he would have made all his detractors look like clueless fools, though they obviously wasn't but the exact opposite. If he spent an hour just actually carving a small piece of one of the coins where he did elaborate designs it would've shut everyone up but all we got what hostility which was pretty telling in itself.
January 27, 2015, 10:15:45 AM
I reached out to the Reddit community of wood workers to get some feedback. So far everyone agrees that the pieces are laser etched, not hand carved. See for yourself.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Woodcarving/comments/2tendk/is_this_guy_scamming_the_community_with_laser/

I think this one is the most damning post

I scrolled down more on the posts and you can go ahead and tell that guy that his Harbor Freight lathe is not a $10,000 lathe. You may also want to mention that the Harbor Freight gouge he pictures is absolutely not going to carve the thumbnails in the video he linked to.

If anyone else here is aware of any other, larger community of wood workers, I would suggest doing something similar, but I really don't see the point. I think the matter is settled.
legendary
January 26, 2015, 09:48:07 PM
Just watched the video.  Is there another one?  Because that one is a joke in terms of being proof of anything.  In fact, it looks like proof of laser etching to me.  He had already laser etched the design and just needed to dremel away what we left.  I'm not even talking about the level of detail, just the fact that I can see with my own eyes that it was laser etched before hand and he is just shaving away what is left with a dremel.  What a joke!

that's what I see too.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 26, 2015, 09:29:21 PM

WC has lost credibility already.

It is very simple: Do not make claims you can't back up with irrefutable proof.
Activity: 679
Merit: 526
January 26, 2015, 08:52:38 PM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 25, 2015, 08:59:41 PM
Why was the original thread locked  ?

Because it sucked and there's nothing left to say

Was wondering why that thread got locked as well
Should have left it open and let it die the natural long death but I'll keep track here
legendary
January 25, 2015, 11:01:09 AM
my analysis of the video here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10255332
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
January 25, 2015, 08:18:10 AM
So at the end the video  prove anything ? I can make the same with a simple micromotors and some cutters. However his reputation is ruined , so it is not necessary another negative feedback. Well done @nubbins.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
January 25, 2015, 07:39:42 AM
This is copied from another post I made: Doesn't matter about laser or no laser the cuts on the inner parts of the 'B' models are a disgrace. No good artist would ever leave something that unfinished. If you were going for "that look" the rest would look as shoddy but the work just looks like somebody that could finish it.

Not sure why the argument continues... If folks can't see the cuts in those bitcoin b's aren't pretty available average then there's no hope
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 25, 2015, 05:23:00 AM
So tell me...this (the "B", "I", "N", and the outer two circles?) is due to carbon paper?

Activity: 615
Merit: 500
January 25, 2015, 04:55:48 AM
Doesn't matter about laser or no laser the cuts on the inner parts of the 'B' models are a disgrace. No good artist would ever leave something that unfinished. If you were going for "that look" the rest would look as shoddy but the work just looks like somebody that could finish it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
Pages:
Jump to: