Pages:
Author

Topic: [WoodCollector]Nine Public Coin Collection Completed - page 3. (Read 3788 times)

copper member
Activity: 146
Merit: 82
Patience is a virtue.

Thank you for this quest and (rekindling) the tale of treasure. Inspiring.
Perfect display of patience, resourcefulness and persistence.
You have earned those coins and I think you made them more valuable, good luck with the hunt for #10 and clues.

I was here - in a past forum life - and saw this unfold as well, like others who commented here.
Quite the thing... A promise of treasure...

There should be treasure. If not in this adventure, maybe the next...
BTC marks the spot.

Clay
legendary
Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203
Absolutely fascinating story, than so much for sharing. A friend sent me a link here, glad he did!
Cool piece of Bitcoin history revealed in the thread.
Here's hoping to success!

So here's an idea as far as the need to be physically next to the coins - what if they have embedded NFT chips? You my be able to tap your NFC enabled phone over the coins to see if anything registers. Also loo for invisible inks, blacklight, etc..
A great idea as well. I won't lie I've been slow to get through the many different ideas with finding the clues as I don't want my part in the story of this tale to potentially end.. but you never know if I ever found a number or some letters it'd also be such a good feeling and drive me mad searching for more..

I'm a fan of big round wood things(keep your jokes :p) and I'll be adding one of your FractalEncrypt Bitcoin Full Node Sculptures to the mix.. in a way it will be my temporary coin 10. Such an amazing piece and welcome to the forum.

https://twitter.com/FractalEncrypt/status/1213146377162768384

Activity: 21
Merit: 11
Absolutely fascinating story, than so much for sharing. A friend sent me a link here, glad he did!
Cool piece of Bitcoin history revealed in the thread.
Here's hoping to success!

So here's an idea as far as the need to be physically next to the coins - what if they have embedded NFT chips? You my be able to tap your NFC enabled phone over the coins to see if anything registers. Also loo for invisible inks, blacklight, etc..
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407

Thanks for your interest alamjob239 but your window shopping trip will have to resume.

Ok you are teasing me. You love watching me salivating. Let's do one woodcoin for auction and we will make you happy. By the way I love window shopping it give me more pleasure than actually having it. Just remember me that I love to have one of your woodcoin then you have someone to talk about these glorious coins. We will have good time.  Smiley Wait a second - am I smelling again!

ok I am out!

If you took one second to read up you would know teegumes is not in the market to sell these, they are looking for the last coin.  Stop bumping this for rediculous reasons
Activity: 126
Merit: 20

Thanks for your interest alamjob239 but your window shopping trip will have to resume.

Ok you are teasing me. You love watching me salivating. Let's do one woodcoin for auction and we will make you happy. By the way I love window shopping it give me more pleasure than actually having it. Just remember me that I love to have one of your woodcoin then you have someone to talk about these glorious coins. We will have good time.  Smiley Wait a second - am I smelling again!

ok I am out!

OK wheelz1200
legendary
This collection can be yours for only 5% of the potential treasure in the tale of WoodCollector's buried bitcoin.

Tee - Give me a price that you are looking for. I being honest my budget is between 50 to 100.
Math may not be your strong suit so I'll help you out here.

5000BTC x 0.05 = 250BTC    this is my take
5000BTC x 0.95 = 4750BTC  this could be yours

Now you ask yourself if it is worth the 1 in a billion chance that this thing is all true.
If your offer is 50BTC to 100BTC then you still need to come up a bit before I'd even consider talking. If you meant $50 to $100 then I'm gonna have to ask you to move along.

You got be kidding me. You must be on some good drug. Do an auction one of those.  Smiley
legendary
This collection can be yours for only 5% of the potential treasure in the tale of WoodCollector's buried bitcoin.

Tee - Give me a price that you are looking for. I being honest my budget is between 50 to 100.
Math may not be your strong suit so I'll help you out here.

5000BTC x 0.05 = 250BTC    this is my take
5000BTC x 0.95 = 4750BTC  this could be yours

Now you ask yourself if it is worth the 1 in a billion chance that this thing is all true.
If your offer is 50BTC to 100BTC then you still need to come up a bit before I'd even consider talking. If you meant $50 to $100 then I'm gonna have to ask you to move along.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever

Maybe he will let you smell it if you are lucky for that price.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!

50-100BTC is a decent price teeGUMES , I’d try and barter for the higher end of that range though  Smiley

legendary
I am just looking to buy a woodcoin (the maker woodcollector)
Please pm me with the asking price. Thank you.  Smiley
I am just looking to buy a woodcoin (the maker woodcollector)
Please pm me with the asking price. Thank you.  Smiley

legendary
Q1 2020 bump.
Eyes on, where you at coin 10?
legendary
Not much of an update UPDATE:

Quite a few new eyes in the Collectibles section due to the crossover/interest from the 10 year anniversary art contest so we have an opportunity for some non regulars to see this.
The darkbox I wanted to build/have built is still non existent, I just don't have the space for it right now. Definite future plan though.

I have acquired two of the three wooden BTC's that WoodCollector sold. Myaswell add them to the collection right?

*Original WoodCollector pictures used below, I will have picture's of my own with OP quality if/when I have all three together.

In my collection:
The Hive originally owned by Blazed (Blazedout419)
Culture Cultivation originally owned by wheresmycoin

Not in my collection:
Transcendence currently owned by ducatitalia
Activity: 654
Merit: 504
I paid wc 7.5btc to design and commission an extraordinary the No.1 physical crypto coin in the world but he disappeared without any product delivered nor refund.
Chatted up on Skype, he showed some initial print slides, then vanished. The tenth coin you are looking for could be this one.

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Wow, I had forgotten all about good old WC. IIRC I was the first person to commission a piece from him. I probably still have his email address and could reach out to him for clues on these coins.

edit: do not forget the Bitcoin dildo he made either...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9602461

Lol how can anyone forget that. You definitely were the first, I reached out to a few people with the 3 or 4 bitcoin B's that he made but due to price I decided to just stick with completing the wooden coin collection. If you could throw an email out that would be pretty cool, I figured if anything he may have "Watched" his old thread with the tale laid out so I also posted a teaser linking to this more thorough thread.

I bet I couldn't even get .25BTC for my "hive" BTC

It's funny, I thought I would always forget about WC, but he never really escapes my mind.

I also commissioned a custom piece from him. A wall mount for a quarter collection, and I remember I paid 1 btc for it, but i agree with blazed, probably no chance i would even get 0.25 btc for it.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Wow, I had forgotten all about good old WC. IIRC I was the first person to commission a piece from him. I probably still have his email address and could reach out to him for clues on these coins.

Lol how can anyone forget that. You definitely were the first, I reached out to a few people with the 3 or 4 bitcoin B's that he made but due to price I decided to just stick with completing the wooden coin collection. If you could throw an email out that would be pretty cool, I figured if anything he may have "Watched" his old thread with the tale laid out so I also posted a teaser linking to this more thorough thread.

I bet I couldn't even get .25BTC for my "hive" BTC
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diletto-de-bitcoin-cocobolo-bitcoin-dildo-871618
legendary
I tried to check a few of the BTC addresses on the backs of the coins but couldn't get any to pass a checksum. Seems like they're alternating between large and small letters as capital/lowercase. My guess is a misread some of the characters because it's tricky to see in the images.

Do you have any of the correct addresses handy?

That is something I do need to add to my notes, I will take a closer look in the next few days and attempt to work them out.

For an extra .25BTC i will carve your bitcoin address and/or QR code into the reverse side of the coin as well as carve out a recess if you would like to store the private key to that address.

The buyer will receive a CoA (certificate of authenticity) from me usually within 1-2 weeks of receiving the artwork. As many of you who have bought my art already know, i use Bitcoin technology and Vanity addresses on my CoA's and it can take up to 2 weeks to generate the desired result.

I believe the original buyers sent their own addresses in to be put onto them (maybe not the 1Unity vanity address). Also nobody did send me their CoA although two of the owners did mention them. I will reach back out to the ones I can get ahold of and see if they made their own public address or if WC created them.

Definitely a poor choice to have all caps font and to just make the supposed lower case letters 1 point smaller than the uppercase.
Pages:
Jump to: