Pages:
Author

Topic: Work from home or an office job? - page 3. (Read 519 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 408
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
September 15, 2023, 10:41:20 AM
It is only here in Nigeria where it is assumed that anything online is illegal. So in that case anybody sitting too long in front of computer or laptop is termed and tagged a street boy which is not true and that is where the misconceptions began.
Exactly you have a point here because of the environment we live on now where people see you always with your mobile phone or laptop they give you bad name because of what society had thought them, the society saw people working online has bad people, they said one yam spoiled the rest, dey dey believe say scammers dey always use phone and laptop to scam people. Since I dey do online work I normally prefer to live my house and go to somewhere else to enjoy my work just to avoid them.
Activity: 448
Merit: 117
September 15, 2023, 06:36:29 AM
I believe this is the common mentality in this part of the world when it comes to occupation. The older generation are always guilty of this as their reasons and mentality is just all around the time of their early beginnings back in the days. They forget that things changes likewise evolution in virtually every aspect of life and activities.

When it comes to job, there have been lots of evolution in job occupation now that one does not really need to move about to work or make an earns meet but just comfortable at your convenience working from your home and getting paid. For instance and to the best of my knowledge people work here and are paid weekly in Bitcoin which is still part of job done to earn a living.

Office job I think is over hyped mate because I see no difference between them. In some cases, people earn more from their comfort zone than those claiming to be going to the office on daily basis spending money more on transportation and lots more compared to what they earn in a month.

It is only here in Nigeria where it is assumed that anything online is illegal. So in that case anybody sitting too long in front of computer or laptop is termed and tagged a street boy which is not true and that is where the misconceptions began.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
September 15, 2023, 05:36:53 AM
Do you think the office job is over hyped?
Since many years ago, Nigerians have known that to employment is not easy as it was before, many graduates are now not employed or remain underemployed. Office Job is not hyped as it was before and many graduates have been looking for other means to earn money. Online work has been very helpful for many Nigerians since some years ago and it is still helpful as of today.

Is it true that for you to make it big in the online space, you must be involved in an act of illegality?
There are many people that went through illegal means to earn money but they are still poor as of today. There are many of them that were later known and jailed. There are people that did not go through the illegal means and they are not rich. There are people that did not go through the illegal means and they become very rich. You can see a lot of Nigerians that are YouTubers, TikTokers that are earning money. Some are earning from ads on Twitter and other online sites. This forum alone is also helpful. If you seen the means some people are earning money, you will be surprised that it is legit.
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
September 15, 2023, 05:17:03 AM
Growing up, we've always fancied the idea of a "white-collar job". it was more like everyone's dream to finish school and get an office job, it appeared as though those doing private businesses were the leftovers who weren't opportune to get employed.

Working from home came in and most persons are yet to come to terms with it with a misconceived idea that it always has an element of illegality in it. And for the younger once who stay with their parents but are into online business/jobs, some parents tend to term them lazy due to the amount of time spent on their gadgets.

Do you think the office job is over hyped?

Is it true that for you to make it big in the online space, you must be involved in an act of illegality?
Pages:
Jump to: