Pages:
Author

Topic: World wide power outage - page 2. (Read 4751 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 09, 2014, 09:53:18 PM
What would happen to bitcoin if the planet for some astronomically small chance got a world wide power outage for a day? Would the network and block chain survive such crash or would everything get irreversibly messed up?

We'd have more serious things to worry about than bitcoin not working for day ....
Activity: 742
I'm dying.
January 09, 2014, 09:25:24 PM
What would happen to bitcoin if the planet for some astronomically small chance got a world wide power outage for a day? Would the network and block chain survive such crash or would everything get irreversibly messed up?
The only way this could happen is by a solar flare and then we'd have more things to worry about, for instance that all electronic devices just got fried.
That solar flame happened already 24h ago. We're exepting it hit the earth. I'm not trolling.
Google it up
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
January 09, 2014, 09:24:19 PM
in a world wide power outage,
FIAT=useless
cryptocurrency=useless
gold=useless
guy with a shotgun=gets anything he wants.....
Activity: 154
Merit: 14
January 09, 2014, 09:21:49 PM
Dollars would probably be long gone as well, the currency of choice would be ammo meds and weapons, I doubt that many store owners would be willing to exchange their food for worthless papers knowing they could be stuck without new arrivals for months.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
January 09, 2014, 08:59:11 PM
in case of global powerotage btc would be the last to think of. I would be more concerned with the hundreds of nuclear plants melting down because the cooling would stop. Global poweroutage is an extinction-event. Btc is not relevant in that scenario.

I hate nuke plants but on most the backup generators should kick on
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Shitcoin Maximalist
January 09, 2014, 08:58:29 PM
You'd also have real difficulty getting at the electronic funds in your regular bank account. (Not to mention the whole apocalyptic scenario described above)

Junk silver stackers would be a ok though. (apart from the meltdown of civilization as we know it)
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
January 09, 2014, 08:39:48 PM
in case of global powerotage btc would be the last to think of. I would be more concerned with the hundreds of nuclear plants melting down because the cooling would stop. Global poweroutage is an extinction-event. Btc is not relevant in that scenario.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
January 09, 2014, 07:29:21 PM
What about if the US Government shut down the internet same thing?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
January 09, 2014, 03:38:11 PM
The only way this could happen is by a solar flare and then we'd have more things to worry about, for instance that all electronic devices just got fried.

Agreed.
legendary
Activity: 4130
Merit: 1307
January 09, 2014, 02:50:52 PM

As above, if only for one day, then when the power came back, the bitcoin network would return and resume exactly where it left off.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
January 09, 2014, 02:41:22 PM
Yes, in the event of a world wide power outage, bitcoin would be the least of your worries!  It is then time to Lock and Load, the old reliable AK with all the ammo you purchased while your miners were running!  That would be TEOTAWAKI (the end of the world as we all know it!)  Yes, I was a y2ker and I would have survived no matter what happened!!
Activity: 658
Small Red and Bad
January 09, 2014, 01:52:50 PM
Activity: 212
Merit: 102
January 09, 2014, 01:30:51 PM
Pages:
Jump to: