Pages:
Author

Topic: Worrying Stock Market Drop and Fiat Devaluation - page 3. (Read 430 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
With the sudden 700+ Point plunge of the Dow Jones and China's sudden devaluation of the Yuan what are some aspects of interest do you have that might reflect upon the current and the future of the Digital Currency Market?

Well, experts, at least those who are open to Bitcoin, have considered these developments as generally positive for the crypto market. For one, we are not affected by all these, with the values of crypto or Bitcoin moving quite independently from these conventional markets. And since investors will have to find a place where they could safely park their investments during these turbulent times, Bitcoin or crypto must be on top of their list. 
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
With the sudden 700+ Point plunge of the Dow Jones and China's sudden devaluation of the Yuan what are some aspects of interest do you have that might reflect upon the current and the future of the Digital Currency Market?

Well, there was an expectation that with the stock market going down, and China's Yuan devaluation and the escalating trade wars between China and US, people might go and flock to crypto market to hedge their funds. Specially when the price of bitcoin suddenly went up in the last two weeks or so and trying to breach that $12k mental barrier. However, investors may have other options like precious metal. So we will see, if the price goes to $15 next month then it's possible that stock investors are shifting their funds to bitcoin as safe haven.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
sudden 700+ Point plunge of the Dow Jones

700 is not the big percentage it might have been in the past.  I dont consider it a great fall or especially disturbing.    A fall after a long period of rises is at least partly down to profit taking, it has to develop into a long trend and typically pass 20% to be of much concern.    FIAT having no fixed value is of concern mostly in countries unable to justify trade balance
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Stock market drop may bring more money to cryptocurrency market, as it may be seen as a non correlate asset, which may work as a hedge against this crisis.
I hope you're right but I have my doubts. A large part of the capital within the stock market can be categorized as risk capital, which I think also applies to Bitcoin from the perspective of an institution or legacy investor.

Gold will serve its purpose as safe haven much better than Bitcoin will simply because of how speculative this market still is. Bitcoin definitely needs more years of maturation to grow on people as being a non correlated asset.

We have gone up simultaneously with gold in the past, have gone up while gold went down, have gone down while gold went up, and so forth. I think the current correlation between Bitcoin and gold is just coincidence.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
Maybe a global crisis is coming. Bitcoin never saw one.

Stock market drop may bring more money to cryptocurrency market, as it may be seen as a non correlate asset, which may work as a hedge against this crisis.

Pure especulation but it makes sense, and it may lead cryptocurrency holders to great profit.
Activity: 648
Merit: 10
Sell your stock after raised profit only 10% or 5% and it enough for take back your money and invest on another altcoin kinds, doing my tips if not you lost chance get profit and lost your money.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: