Pages:
Author

Topic: Worth investing now? - page 3. (Read 3134 times)

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563
MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice
June 14, 2015, 07:38:24 PM
i wouldn't invest in an asic miner now but on thursday i would consider doing so
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179
June 14, 2015, 07:37:40 PM
Thank you for the answer guys, I was planning the SP20 Jackson. (Which costs around 450$).

It mines at around 1.7 th/s, I could make an average of $128.72 per month so paying the equipment off wouldn't be too long and profits would kick in pretty soon, don't you think so??

Mining can be fun, but it's not the best way to ensure constant profit. I'd rather put that $450 towards buying some bitcoin. The mining world is constantly changing with mining hardware and difficulty. What you calculate as profit today could be very different in a month or two.
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
June 14, 2015, 07:17:50 PM
Thank you for the answer guys, I was planning the SP20 Jackson. (Which costs around 450$).

It mines at around 1.7 th/s, I could make an average of $128.72 per month so paying the equipment off wouldn't be too long and profits would kick in pretty soon, don't you think so??

Calculate what would be your electricity cost to earn that 128.72 USD per month.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
June 14, 2015, 07:15:08 PM

Activity: 686
Merit: 255
June 14, 2015, 07:00:50 PM
Hello there! I am new to the whole bitcoin universe and I've informed myself quite a bit about the currency, what I would like to know is that is it worth investing now in a ASIC rig?

I'd like some help to choose the best ASIC rig to mine and make the best possible profits asap.

Also I'd like to know that is luck a factor with mining coins? You can generate a block or coin and make more money than usual? I'd like some explanation on that.

Thank you for your help guys!

Unless you have cheap or free electricity, hardware mining is not gonna be profitable. Especially if you can not find a buyer of your hardware after one year or so. Calculate the expected ROI at https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
June 14, 2015, 06:48:24 PM
The major limiting factor for mining is the cost of electricity.  Where I live I pay ~15 cents plus it is tiered.  The more I use the more expensive it gets.  For me it would not make any money at the current bitcoin price.  Also consider that there is very likely new equipment coming out soon.  I don't really know what the prices, power, and efficiency will be for the next generation miners.  But if you are in the market it might be worth while to wait a month or two and then buy used equipment at a discount when the new stuff comes out.

If your electricity is cheap enough and you get some gear, look into mining pools.  From what I read when I was considering mining, pools seem to be the best way for a small miner to earn.

If your electricity is too expensive then you can look into antpool and hashnest.  These are run by bitmain.  Basically you can buy hardware and have Bitmain run it for you in one of their warehouses.  You pay maintenance fees and electricity fees, but you can still make money doing it this way and it might be better than mining at home.

Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
June 14, 2015, 06:41:32 PM
There's is luck involved because you can't really know who gets the reward but it can be calculated as expected monthly gains, you need to know the hashing power of the machine you will buy, the current difficulty, and the electricity costs in your area, with these variables you can get a estimate.

This.

Once you've got the values of these factors, you can make a calculation about your actual costs and income. I don't know what you pay for electricity in your area, but as you also still have to buy the equiptment I don't think you should reach a ROI soon..  Maybe in the future, once the Bitcoin has gained much more value. (For example, when it hits the $1000 again, it might not be a problem to pay $0.50 per KwH now (EXAMPLE!) instead of the current $0.20 now (EXAMPLE!).

However, I do not recommend anyone to start mining nowadays. (Investing directly in the Bitcoin might be more efficient). But no one can tell you what the future is going to be of Bitcoin (and thus what is a wise decision now).
June 14, 2015, 06:05:04 PM
There's is luck involved because you can't really know who gets the reward but it can be calculated as expected monthly gains, you need to know the hashing power of the machine you will buy, the current difficulty, and the electricity costs in your area, with these variables you can get a estimate.

I see, so let's say I have some luck then I can exceed my expected monthly gains?

I'm waiting for you guys opinions on what should I get (ASIC rig). My budget is 400$+
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
June 14, 2015, 05:44:51 PM
June 14, 2015, 05:37:39 PM
Hello there! I am new to the whole bitcoin universe and I've informed myself quite a bit about the currency, what I would like to know is that is it worth investing now in a ASIC rig?

I'd like some help to choose the best ASIC rig to mine and make the best possible profits asap.

Also I'd like to know that is luck a factor with mining coins? You can generate a block or coin and make more money than usual? I'd like some explanation on that.

Thank you for your help guys!
Pages:
Jump to: