Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a BTC crash destroy alt coins? - page 4. (Read 542 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
December 15, 2017, 08:27:13 AM
That's a good question and I noted that it's a concern for those who run altcoins:

Eg. Litecoin Founder Charlie, in a recent interview on CNBC:

The frenetic growth in cryptocurrency prices was also impeding their wider adoption as most people were using them as a speculative asset rather than using them to make real-world transactions: "I think we're still maybe five years away before people actually start using bitcoin and litecoin in real world use as a currency."

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/12/14/litecoin-founder-charlie-lee-talks-bitcoin-cryptocurrencies.html
Activity: 308
Merit: 119
December 15, 2017, 08:23:40 AM
Bitcoin is the core of all altcoins. If it crashes people will notice how risky and volatile investing in cryptocurrencies is ,It would be hard for anyone to trust another coin and most of the people will start panic selling their alts . You already saw how when ever bitcoin goes down most of the alts go up and the opposite. So yes if bitcoin crashes it would be a sad time for alts too.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 15, 2017, 08:15:03 AM
Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid. I am a learner in the crypto scene.  Embarrassed

I know BTC probably isn't going to crash anytime soon, and in this case, if a huge BTC crash happens, eventually most altcoins would suffer alot.

But, in this cenario of crash, would most of the alts be done? I mean, what are the odds of altcoins surviving this crash? Would they then get negotiated with fiat?

I was just wondering this and wanted to discuss this (distant?) possibility...
Pages:
Jump to: