Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a group buy of solar panels be allowed in this forum? - page 2. (Read 6505 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 12
If you'd like I can get you very inexpensive solar panels delivered to your house in Georgia that are fully compliant with all US rules and regulations for grid interconnection complete with a 20 year manufacturers warranty for under $1 a watt. I also accept bitcoin for solar panels. One of the oldest solar pv companies on the east coast http://www.ecologicalsystems.biz/ would be the ones providing the solar panels. Their credentials are impeccable so you don't need to worry about any scams with them.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
You can buy solar panels from China pretty cheaply - I can only say for the EU that import (taxes and duties) is the problem, don't know about the USA.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Do you really want to commit to losing money for the next 5 years in the hope that you may make a tiny profit in the distant future?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Hoping an active miner group sales person would branch out as fewer miners are getting sold. 

Getting a solar system up and running exclusively for mining and not connected to the power grid would be a start to eventually getting it onto the grid.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
I can't see why not.  I've thought about solar panels myself, not necessarily in regards to mining gear but just my general electric usage as well.  The expense made ROI too far off for me to ever want to make the leap though.

If you have a lead on a wholesale dealer who can offer a significant discount, I am sure there are many who would show interest.  As the increased centralization of mining is making it harder and harder for the hobby miner at home to compete, and the cost of solar panels slowly falls, I suspect it will increasingly become an investment home miners would be interested in making.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Living in landscape that's essentially a bowl having sides on the east, south and west is a bummer but if I cut down and sell the hardwood clearing most of the center I could put a sizable solar farm on my north side and the wood sale might pay a good chunk of cash. 

Integrating solar energy with the power utility is a bear and they don't like it down here in rural Georgia, it cutting into their profits and all.  But, driving my 12vdc miners would seem ideal.  That with 12 volt marine batteries would work immediately and could be done without involving the power utility.  As it is my electric bill is 2½ times what it was this time in 2012.

So, would group buys of solar panels and marine batteries be allowed in this forum?
Pages:
Jump to: