Pages:
Author

Topic: Would bitcoin market cap rise faster if bitcoin did a 1000:1 split? - page 2. (Read 1115 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
If bitcoin did a 1000:1 split so there was a 16 billion coin current supply and an adjusted price around $1.20 each, do you think we would hit a $100 billion market cap faster than the current 16 million coins and $1200 price?

Or would it make no difference at all? Mathematically it's the same but price can play tricks with the mind.

What do you think?

I wouldn't think so, why should be 1000:1 coins at the moment, I don't see any reason for this, only if you want to make yourself to think that I'm richer now because I own 1000x more bitcoins than before but the value is the same, lol. As Holliday user posted the link, bitcoin has enough digits and calculating how much a satoshi costs does not come to 1 cent. Maybe when it is equal to 1 cent bitcoin can be divided into smaller amounts.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
If bitcoin did a 1000:1 split so there was a 16 billion coin current supply and an adjusted price around $1.20 each, do you think we would hit a $100 billion market cap faster than the current 16 million coins and $1200 price?

Or would it make no difference at all? Mathematically it's the same but price can play tricks with the mind.

What do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: