Pages:
Author

Topic: Would it be possible if there was some kind of like button? - page 2. (Read 294 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 833
I see that's the main point isn't asking for like button, but it's about the end of discussion matter.

Because the discussion gets stuck, and if someone doesn't reply again I don't know if they agree, don't care or haven't read my reply. This is annoying for me, especially when it involves important things. At least if he gives a tag that he read but does not reply it can be concluded that the discussion is over (with or without agreement)
Show me few examples where you think it's important and the user need to reply your post.

No one owe you anything, it's up to the user still want to continue the discussion or not. Even the user is using telegram bot and you keep mention his username, he don't have to reply your post.

Sending a private message isn't a good choice, he can report your message as unsolicited message and you risk a chance to get temporary banned.

Just assume the user have read your post and move on.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
It sounds to me like this is not the first time I've seen a discussion about this on the forum. As has been said, merits are sometimes used as likes even though they shouldn't be, and the fact that they are limited I think makes them more valuable. I think it is unlikely that the forum will be encouraged to implement a like button because of what has been said and because it makes us different from so many social networks that do have it.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
"I am done talking will check back on this thread in a day or two."

The

"I.a.d.t.w.c.b.o.t.t.i.a.d.o.t"

Button.

Maybe make a design contest.

While I like the op idea in principle you kind of need the:

I.a.d.t.w.c.b.o.t.t.i.a.d.o.t

button for clarity.

Activity: 308
Merit: 340
Jolly? I think I've heard that name before. hmm
Ok I know, surely you will comment that, this is not fb or twitter so there is no need for a like button. Yes yes yes... I know that, so please don't comment like that. Ok?

Is it possible that there is a tag (some kind of like button or some kind of merit but not limited) to tell the discussion partner that I have read the reply and am not interested in continuing the discussion. Is that possible?
It is Merit button that is similar to a Like button with many forum members.

Merit system is designed to merit quality posts but it is not used like how it was designed. You can use it as a Like button and liking a post can be because you see it is a good, quality post or just like it (how it is funny, but I don't actually support this liking, meriting way).

My past discussion on it Sendable merit, how to use it? Send it when agree/ disagree with posts?

In general I agree with the concept of merit, but merit has a limited number so it cannot be used as a tag that I have read my discussion partner's reply. If there is another one that is similar to merit but has no effect on rank and the number is unlimited, maybe that would be good to signal that I have read the reply and don't want to continue the discussion
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Ok I know, surely you will comment that, this is not fb or twitter so there is no need for a like button. Yes yes yes... I know that, so please don't comment like that. Ok?

Is it possible that there is a tag (some kind of like button or some kind of merit but not limited) to tell the discussion partner that I have read the reply and am not interested in continuing the discussion. Is that possible?
It is Merit button that is similar to a Like button with many forum members.

Merit system is designed to merit quality posts but it is not used like how it was designed. You can use it as a Like button and liking a post can be because you see it is a good, quality post or just like it (how it is funny, but I don't actually support this liking, meriting way).

My past discussion on it Sendable merit, how to use it? Send it when agree/ disagree with posts?
As you can see there is no button for that if you already read the discussion or the reply and don't want to continue the discussion why not just leave and ignore it instead?

Because the discussion gets stuck, and if someone doesn't reply again I don't know if they agree, don't care or haven't read my reply. This is annoying for me, especially when it involves important things. At least if he gives a tag that he read but does not reply it can be concluded that the discussion is over (with or without agreement)

Merit is the closest thing  to like. Much better imo.

Agreed, but numbers are limited and merit has another purpose. Maybe if there was something else (other than merit) it would be good and it could be sent to the post as a tag that the discussion partner has read the reply
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet

Firstly, I don't know why many members like to leave discussions when the discussion is not finished.

Second, most discussions do not end in shared understanding

Merit is the closest thing  to like. Much better imo.

If someone leave there discussion before the end, it is a person who is not worth discussing,  or a topic which is not worth discussion
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.

As you can see there is no button for that if you already read the discussion or the reply and don't want to continue the discussion why not just leave and ignore it instead?

But if you own a thread then you can lock the thread so that no one be able to post in your own thread. You can find this "lock topic" at the bottom left of your own thread.

Firstly, I don't know why many members like to leave discussions when the discussion is not finished.

Second, most discussions do not end in shared understanding

Third, I don't like it when the person I'm talking to doesn't return to discussion during a discussion.

Fourth, blaa.. blaa...blaa...blaa...

I think if someone wants to leave the discussion, let the other person know. Unfortunately here there is no way to indicate that someone has read a reply to a comment but is not interested in continuing the discussion, one way that exists is to send merit but merit is not effective for that.

Sorry if the writing is messy because I use a cellphone
Pages:
Jump to: