Pages:
Author

Topic: Would this be my best bet? - page 2. (Read 1589 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
November 15, 2016, 04:28:23 PM
I don't think there is a real reasonable way to make money mining for most people.  Unfortunately due to electricity costs the market is sort of cornered to people who can have a large farm of mining equipment.  It might change in the future depending on what happens here but in the mean time I would stop your mining, as others have said on this thread it will end up costing you money in the long run.  Cloud mining seems to be a scam so far.  The best way to make Bitcoins is to purchase them unfortunately, you can get small amounts from faucets and stuff like that.  Wish you luck on your adventures!
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
November 15, 2016, 01:23:57 PM
Thank you for your answer.

So there is literally no point in Bitcoin mining anymore?

Because i'm just wondering why everyone else on the forums are building new mining rigs if it's pointless :-/
For now it is hard to mine bitcoin right now even you have a good hardware but there is some alternative ways to mine but in different coin like altcoin.
You can check this section https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0
And maybe it can help you to mine some altcoin instead of investing your money in cloud mining site that we do not now if it is legit or not provably almost cloud mining site are not paying anymore and turn into scam best alternative to mine is to build a mining rig and mine altcoin...
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
November 15, 2016, 01:11:55 PM
Its better to keep your coins away from the so called cloud mining sites, most of them are just ponzi schemes and will close their doors sooner or later. Try trading altcoins if you have good knowledge about it
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
November 15, 2016, 01:08:22 PM

Because i'm just wondering why everyone else on the forums are building new mining rigs if it's pointless :-/

Don't invest on those cloud mining. Most of them are just ponzis waiting to collapse. Genesis mining indeed has been here for quite sometime. But I think when they are no long profitable they will just run. It's better to just invest whatever you have elsewhere and not to mine bitcoins. Unless you have the money to invest into those bigger mining rigs than USB ones and have really cheap electricity in your place, then go for it. But if you don't have those, then you are better off investing on something else.

Good luck my friend.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 15, 2016, 11:31:32 AM

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 15, 2016, 10:54:38 AM
Hello everyone!

I have been searching around the forums for a while now, to figure out what's best for me in terms of Bitcoin mining.

I have one of those small Antminer USB's, but let's face it.... it will take me a year, and i'm up to 50 cents or MAYBE 1$

There is no way, at this current time i will have the space, nor the equipment to set up my own bitcoin farm, so...

I had a look at Genesis Mining, I have been a customer there before, and everything was running smoothly, now my contract ran out, i'd have to buy myself another contract with them.

But is this my solution, perhaps buying 1 TH/s from Genesis Mining, or can someone recommend a company that does sorta the same?

Thanks!

Alex.
Pages:
Jump to: