Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you be able to take an additional work if required? - page 2. (Read 976 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
What is the situation in your country and for yourself? Would you be able to land additional work for example working with crypto, selling stuff on-line, youtubing or something else?

Most of these tasks can't be done part-time. Selling stuff and all takes a lot of time and effort, at least during the initial few months. And in case you can't respond to the queries on time, or not able to ship the products without delay, then the business will suffer. Making videos in YouTube is another such profession. If you are not making videos on a regular basis, then the subscribers will desert you. And this is not an easy job. Making a 10 minute video takes 2-3 days of effort, in filming, editing.etc.
That's true and if you hire a team to do the work on your behalf, you need to ensure that you are actually earning enough to afford all the staff. Initially, in any business, you will not make any money for few months which also hurts a lot. People often think part-time jobs are an easy and quick way of making money but I have done these part-time jobs and they are more exhausting than regular jobs because you don't get the same relaxation in these.

A lot of people consider trading as a part-time job but if you don't give enough time to your trading and learn enough every day, you will actually lose money to trading instead of earning from it.
Activity: 157
Merit: 0
We must confront the reality that this pandemic causes individuals to become desperate for work, which is why some professionals are willing to put their pride aside and take any vacant job just to make ends meet. If we can locate an extra position, that would be a fantastic opportunity for you; many others are still looking for work, and you already have one if I can carry it over and do a good job.
Activity: 560
Merit: 26
This thing called job is not everyone calling, it may work for some while other will keep searching until they become fed up and will eventually give up but then it will be late. The time they were supposed to be productive, they have used it to search for job that wasn't for them.
I stay in a developing country where corruption has eaten every politician, the brain has been programmed by the political fathers on how to embezzle public fund and when the want to punish them, they used immunity of power to play the system, now tell me how will other countries invest in a lawless environment? The job here are limited and I'm working on been self employed, if bitcoin take me to moon today, I will migrate out of here to Finland hopefully  Grin
Activity: 1050
Merit: 109
1xBit.. recovered their reputation
~

What is the situation in your country and for yourself? Would you be able to land additional work for example working with crypto, selling stuff on-line, youtubing or something else?
the current situation in my country has started to rise and job vacancies have started to appear, only those who are hired are those who have been vaccinated, but those over the age of 50 must be willing to not be able to get a job here

I was lucky to earn extra money from crypto in this forum (joined a signature campaign that paid with bitcoin)
now we have to take advantage of every opportunity to make extra money because we don't know what difficulties are waiting for us in the future
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
For the current situation of the world? I wouldn't mind to take multiple jobs right now as my current workplace is having skeletal work force due to Covid-19 and while I cannot rely my job to earn decent amount well I will take what opportunity will come to me as long as that one is not illegal. I'm sure other has the same mindset to since its really hard to get a good pay cuts now so we can expect that many people are now doing multiple jobs just to provide food to their family.
Me too, I don't have a lot of places to go to and I can adapt from a work from home set up given that the company provides me with enough money for the time I spend on them and at the same time they also subsidize the equipments needed for work. Maybe not another full time job but maybe another side hustle can work
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
I'm also in my mid-lives, and I'm a fresh graduate. I decided to cancel my plans due to lockdown, we had so many seasons of community quarantine, and I have no idea when this will end. I decided to look for a remote job cause I want to keep my family safe. It is also a challenge for me cause It would be a new environment if I chose on-site office work. Commuting is also a hassle due to restrictions. I'm currently balancing my time for my family, my learning, and my freelance work. As long as everyone's safe and we have no problem with food and bills, it's fine. We're all trying to keep our sanity in these trying times.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 555
My business suffered last year because of covid and the lockdown in my country. Businesses were put on halt only business that thrived was those in food business, groceries e.t.c..People were more concerned about food to eat than buying clothes.
It was around last year December I became active on bitcointalk and I can tell you, my life has changed since then. I discovered I can make money utilising the growing crypto industry. I started OTC trading, buying and selling bitcoins and I can say I'm doing well.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1217

Most of these tasks can't be done part-time. Selling stuff and all takes a lot of time and effort, at least during the initial few months. And in case you can't respond to the queries on time, or not able to ship the products without delay, then the business will suffer. Making videos in YouTube is another such profession. If you are not making videos on a regular basis, then the subscribers will desert you. And this is not an easy job. Making a 10 minute video takes 2-3 days of effort, in filming, editing.etc.
Activity: 2394
Merit: 454
A few of my friends are struggling to get a job. They are in their mid-lives and the country they live in is particularly difficult to find a job at a certain age. Also, when some recovery was being noticed after the 2008 - 2012 crisis, COVID struck hard on an economy with a strong tourism sector. Meanwhile, I made some choices that landed me an stable and reasonably paid job that also leaves enough time to do other stuff that generates income or reduces my costs if I wish to do so.

Here in our country, the situation is very challenging given the pandemic situation we are in. We still haven't bounced back. In fact, we are still stuck inside our homes. I can't recall how many times our government have imposed lockdowns to "contain the virus", yet they always fail because the number of cases reported and recorded each day don't lie. The covid-19 cases here in our country continues to go higher despite the lockdowns and vaccinations. It's very unfortunate for us that we are being led by bunch of incompetent officials.

Right now, I have cryptocurrency as another source of income.  I am fortunate enough to have enough funds to invest in nft games that have become a trend last year and this year. It serves as another stream of income for me to buy the things I need and the things I want. This also serves as my entertainment during this awful situation we are in. If I want to, I can still find additional work, but I have so much on my plate right now that I have to focus on, so I might not entertain the idea of finding another one. I can say I am privileged enough and I am very thankful for it that's why I'm making the most of it despite having dull days.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
For the current situation of the world? I wouldn't mind to take multiple jobs right now as my current workplace is having skeletal work force due to Covid-19 and while I cannot rely my job to earn decent amount well I will take what opportunity will come to me as long as that one is not illegal. I'm sure other has the same mindset to since its really hard to get a good pay cuts now so we can expect that many people are now doing multiple jobs just to provide food to their family.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
It is impossible to do extra work if you want to but I think if you do more work than you need, it puts a lot of pressure on the brain and the mood becomes irritable. You have to do a certain amount of work and there should be entertainment in between the work this will make the work much easier to work in crypto you have to learn to control your mind. Under pressure business will be at risk that's why you have to learn to work in the midst of entertainment.
You can do extra work, there are some people are doing 2 8-hour jobs just so they can make more money to make it easy for their responsibility to live and to have a good future and have enough money to do just fine. Also, it's not like all extra work takes a lot of time, some of the extra works that I know only has 2 hours and a decent pay so it's not all that bad.
Activity: 440
Merit: 101
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

In my country until now the government still encourages everyone to work from home, so even though the situation is difficult with the pandemic, but for now I personally can still work to earn an income with online based jobs, one of which is trading in the crypto market and besides my crypto too managing an online store business.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
It is impossible to do extra work if you want to but I think if you do more work than you need, it puts a lot of pressure on the brain and the mood becomes irritable. You have to do a certain amount of work and there should be entertainment in between the work this will make the work much easier to work in crypto you have to learn to control your mind. Under pressure business will be at risk that's why you have to learn to work in the midst of entertainment.
Activity: 168
Merit: 19
If necessary, I will definitely do extra work.
If I can, I don't want to do extra work.
I want to spend more time with my family and children. I prefer to travel and make friends.
Cryptocurrency is now a side business of mine. I have now become a habit of investing in cryptocurrencies. I rarely take one thing as a habit. I am willing to consider cryptocurrency as my habit.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
The situation is difficult in all countries and even my country due to the Corona epidemic, which destroyed the economy and made people retire at home without work, but fortunately I am with you here working in this forum as a promoter and I have my YouTube channel and my blog, Working online takes time, and we all have enough time to get started. My advice is to start working on what you are good at.

Not many people are confident with the use of YT vlogging.
I admire those people who can accept all kinds of bashing, comments or any posts from the viewers.
This venture is not for me, you are right, better cultivate the skills and talents where you are good at.
And not follow the others just for the sake you thought they are earning good money.
Because if it is not for you, you will only fail. So better look for opportunities that suit your skills.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552

I will always take additional work If I'm given an opportunity to work a side hustle.
One of the most on-demand work from home in my country is online tutor. Where you will teach children from countries that doesn't prioritize English lessons in public schools.
I have tried applying a couple of times with 2 different companies, but failed to pass their series of test and interviews. What makes it hard is the number of applicants that makes it a tight competition of who's going to get the job.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
I do crypto work .
I do it work.

I can find more work than I can handle.

I will be building some mining rigs and selling them this week.

pick up some $$ doing  it.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 416
I believe this is the case with the constant risk of diminishing manpower plus the lack of solid observation of employees. Especially in the customer service sector, where most of my friends work at, it has been stated that most of them take in chores and tasks that would otherwise require an administrator or a higher-up to initiate just so they can cut off the middleman to save some time and serve more customers in the process. They still have a boss but they pretty much do the same stuff for I would assume a lower pay rate. And that alone is the reason why I believe I wouldn't enjoy it.
In this world, of course, we can get many opportunities in whatever situation is going on, as long as we are willing to try and keep moving.

The cryptocurrency, is an opportunity that is already feasible and its popularity is increasing, why not? Of course people who are more advanced will come here and some take this as an additional job.

Even though in my country it is not completely legal, but it still allows selling it to local currency, well.. there are still many things that can be done of course with the internet today, and there are many opportunities in cryptocurrencies such as being able to invest, trade, mine, work in campaigns, etc., this can still be done and of course it is still a driver of the financial/income side, even if only at home.
cryptocurrency is but a portion of what can really be done in this pandemic setting, although I would say most of the alternatives is starting to get a little saturated as well. Then again this could very well be the reason why more people are much more accepting of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general during this pandemic setting.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1485
The situation is difficult in all countries and even my country due to the Corona epidemic, which destroyed the economy and made people retire at home without work, but fortunately I am with you here working in this forum as a promoter and I have my YouTube channel and my blog, Working online takes time, and we all have enough time to get started. My advice is to start working on what you are good at.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
We have to face the real situation that this pandemic makes people become hungry to find a good job that is why some professionals just drop their pride and take any vacant job just for the sake to have income. If we can find an extra job that was a great opportunity for you, many are still hopeless to get one and you have a chance already if that only I can carry it over and perform the task well, I should not hesitate to take it.
We need to be practical this time and we don't need to be chossy otherwise, we live nothing or to live on the sidewalk asking something.
What happens is that the economic recovery is going to be very slow, we are still facing the pandemic as there is a third or even a fourth wave in many countries around the world and people are not spending money as they did before as they do not have as much and they are saving it in the case they need it, this is slowing down the economy even more and people do anything in order to bring money to feed their families, it is sad reality but this is happening all over the world as we speak.
Pages:
Jump to: