Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you buy music with your bitcoins ? - page 2. (Read 2924 times)

mpx
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 28, 2012, 10:55:01 AM
If I was going to buy music, I'd prefer to buy it with bitcoins but I wont buy music just because I can buy it with bitcoins.

What if it was cheaper than before ?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
October 28, 2012, 10:51:46 AM
If I was going to buy music, I'd prefer to buy it with bitcoins but I wont buy music just because I can buy it with bitcoins.
mpx
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 28, 2012, 10:37:10 AM
You'll be able to very soon, watch out for invitation codes to mpx.fm on the forums. At the moment I just need some unsigned bands to sign up and upload their music on www.mpx.fm, then we can start handing out invite codes. The site is in pilot mode and by invitation only at the moment.

How it works : if you have some music and you own the content and distribution rights (i.e. you're in the band or a solo artist, and you're not signed up to a record label), and you want to make money selling it on the internet, PM this user ('mpx') for an invitation code.

Use the code to create an account on www.mpx.fm and upload your music. You'll get some free invitation codes so you can invite users onto the site.

Then, quarterly the site pays you money according to how often your tracks are bought and sold.

The price of your tracks changes dynamically based on user demand.  Each time your track is exchanged between users, the site takes a cut, reinvests some in the site, and gives the rest back to to the band as a quarterly payout.

And the best bit ? We're fully bitcoin compliant - so users can buy music using bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: