Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you pay more for clean coins over tainted? - page 2. (Read 2607 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Anyone who will take less for their tainted coins let me know.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Bad news always more interesting so in the Future some coins may carry premium if linked to a particular crime.  
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
No, a coin is a coin
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
what is the point of that. ? instead of paying low better not buy a tainted coin like if you know that you are dealing with a hacker/scammer and the coin s(he's) selling are tainted better cancel the deal. but hackers/scammers aren't that stupid they can use services like bitmixer to get fresh coins in place of their tainted coins.
 So absolutely no point of treating tainted coins any different.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
I can try to do a taint analysis, but it'd take a lot of backtracing. Really, you might as well not care about mixing the coins. Nobody cares if your coins have a little digital coke residue on them.

Nice way to put it! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
I can try to do a taint analysis, but it'd take a lot of backtracing. Really, you might as well not care about mixing the coins. Nobody cares if your coins have a little digital coke residue on them.
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
How do I know my coins are tainted or not? What makes them tainted?
If there is no list of tainted coins, no one would pay more for something less.

In the Gox hack case, the stolen coins were black listed. Though, they have likely been mixed in well enough by now.

You can only go through the blockchain to see where your coins have been. Cross reference those addresses with known addy's of a theft of some sort.

Really, it doesn't matter because they are all the same.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
How do I know my coins are tainted or not? What makes them tainted?
If there is no list of tainted coins, no one would pay more for something less.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
No. They're all the same.
Activity: 180
Merit: 117
The more tainted the better.
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
I wouldn't! There has only been one instance that tainted coins were not accepted as readily as "clean" coins, and that was by Gox right after the multitude of exchange hacks in 2011.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I would not because I'm a bad person
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
If Yes - By how much?

Or if you think that tainted coins are worth more like from MtGox hack, SilkRoad bust, etc.

Discuss!
Pages:
Jump to: