Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you still invest in Crypto related projects, if you know it was a scam? - page 3. (Read 485 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 286
If you are smart to get the profits before it becomes a exit scam than ponzi schemes are good for you but if you don't jump on new once you could almost loose all your money at any instance. Yes, they are profitable sometimes but one should surely avoid be a part of it as its very risky!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
yeah, good points. I have noticed this too. there are still a lot of people who have the mindset of "getting in early to beat the scam system and make profit"! it doesn't make any sense to me. I may be able to justify those ICO investments that aren't clearly scam but there are cases like the HYIP scams that I can never wrap my head around. for example if you visit the Investor-based games board you can see that there are still scams going on there although their popularity has dropped compared to previous years.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
A few years ago, we had the "Cloud mining" phenomenon and most people were warned that it was a Ponzi scheme, but they

still invested. A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud in which a purported businessman lures investors and pays profits to earlier

investors using funds obtained from newer investors. Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

I still see some of those types of schemes around, so I was wondering if these schemes has changed their business model or

if people are knowingly investing in these schemes.  Huh

I know Ponzi schemes are legal in some countries, but most of these schemes are advertised globally, so they should not be

legal in countries where they are classified as being illegal.  Undecided

Would you still invest in something, even if you know it is a scam?

That is a very logical question. If you know that it is a scam why you still invest in crypto related project. Are you a noob to do it?

Nope, it might sound obvious to you and NO I am not a noob. There are people out there, who might think that they could

beat the scammers at their own game and then they invest early into these scams. I know of people who invested into these

Crypto scams, knowing that it is a scam, but hoping that they can outsmart the scammers. The "Getting in early" strategy

has worked for some of these Ponzi schemes and people made some profit doing it by exiting early enough, before it

collapsed.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
That is a very logical question. If you know that it is a scam why you still invest in crypto related project. Are you a noob to do it?

it is rarely about knowing if something is scam.
but it is always about the profit and greed for gaining that profit. for example you know gambling leads to losses specially when there is a house edge. and this saying is so popular that everyone knows it: the house always wins.
but you see people still gamble. why? because they are greedy.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
A few years ago, we had the "Cloud mining" phenomenon and most people were warned that it was a Ponzi scheme, but they

still invested. A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud in which a purported businessman lures investors and pays profits to earlier

investors using funds obtained from newer investors. Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

I still see some of those types of schemes around, so I was wondering if these schemes has changed their business model or

I know Ponzi schemes are legal in some countries, but most of these schemes are advertised globally, so they should not be

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

Pages:
Jump to: