Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you try to accumulate now that there is a token pump? - page 2. (Read 341 times)

Activity: 293
Merit: 105
Love is all
If token valued came from 1k Satoshi to 100 Satoshi and you still holding that token you have no other way to wait for price recover which is also can be impossible for recover price. So in this condition you have only two options first is to hold it means waiting for price recovery and second things is buy more to average your price. But buying more when you find that price in uptrend. That's way may be you can recover your loss. Their are many coins have it who give big loss to their investors. So good advise is that keep away that kind of shit coin and always be with top 10 or top 50 coin on coinmarketcap.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
Let's say you have bought a token for about 1000 satoshis and weeks ago you found out the token is just about 100 satoshis. This means you already lost a lot since that time you hold it.

Now that it started to pump like from 100 sat to 150 sats, would you try to dump and wait again for its dump to at least 120 satoshis to buy back or just keep holding til you profit up to more than 1000 satoshis?
Well it depends on the situation and the reason why it get dump from 1000 to 100 within few weeks. If the reason is because of the whole market bearish status and its going with the flow then I think its understandable. My decision would be depending on the token's status if it is a good one and not the usual token with a pump and dump scheme. If there's a future then I might hold and wait otherwise I will sell and move on.
Yes. If a token has a bright future, then i will not dump it but continue holding until its price reaches another height. Holding is good if youare keeping a coin that has high potentials and will create good value in the next months or years but if the coin you are holding is not moving its value already, better sell it before its value goes to zero.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
Let's say you have bought a token for about 1000 satoshis and weeks ago you found out the token is just about 100 satoshis. This means you already lost a lot since that time you hold it.
Now that it started to pump like from 100 sat to 150 sats, would you try to dump and wait again for its dump to at least 120 satoshis to buy back or just keep holding til you profit up to more than 1000 satoshis?

No specific answer to this because there are a lot of different altcoins in the market. One could be just experiencing corrections and will able to recover. While the other one could be just a pump dump which will eventually die and never recovers.
Let's say if this coin has a good volume of trades in different crypto trading platform, I suggest not to dump but to wait for the dump and buy (that only If you have a very high risk tolerance). You might lose twice, but It's worth the risk when it pumps back again at 1000 sats.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

Well it depends on the situation and the reason why it get dump from 1000 to 100 within few weeks. If the reason is because of the whole market bearish status and its going with the flow then I think its understandable. My decision would be depending on the token's status if it is a good one and not the usual token with a pump and dump scheme. If there's a future then I might hold and wait otherwise I will sell and move on.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 711
Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

It's quit  understable that know one will tell market how to operates or determine for market rather market will determine for you, because we all dance according to the tones of market.
In my own personal opinions I will say that if you have money to get new one and dumped the old one  you better do it,because is market that determine to avoid excessive lost.
Thanks op.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

it was like a scenario that i seen before where they only got fooled twice   .

you already given a chance if ever the coin you invest recovered a bit so why sell too early ? why not wait for more recovery so that you can sell without loosing or if you got lucky you can still earn something . if the problem was solved , i wont came back investing because that gives me bad experience .
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
Ride the hype, quickly quit after profit, and watch them die.

The hype is real these days, I've never seen people who got this hype before, not even in 2017. We see a lot of projects pumping last week, quite silent for now tho, where are the LINK and BAND fans? seems you guys are bit frustrated after seeing the price went down instead of going $20. Sometimes the hype are being started by the team itself, they are just giving you an update which is not that great but sounds great for you. Anyways it is really cool seeing a version 2.0 of something.
The question is would you able to ride it on the right time? Majority will fall on ending up to ride when they are already in the end-part of the rope.This is pretty common and this hadnt only
happen on this time but since this market was started.Hype is just part of the ecosystem on where shitcoins been pumped and dumped hard until they do die and repeat the same process.
Lucky for those people who do able to join the ride and unlucky for those people who got caught into the peak price and ending up on holding lots of shitcoins into their bags.
Mistakes are there but in next time you would be aware on how this market moves and do make out fake pumps for lots of people do believe and get fooled.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Ride the hype, quickly quit after profit, and watch them die.

The hype is real these days, I've never seen people who got this hype before, not even in 2017. We see a lot of projects pumping last week, quite silent for now tho, where are the LINK and BAND fans? seems you guys are bit frustrated after seeing the price went down instead of going $20. Sometimes the hype are being started by the team itself, they are just giving you an update which is not that great but sounds great for you. Anyways it is really cool seeing a version 2.0 of something.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 508
It depends on the token of course and its volume also in my case I didn't buy a token without looking at its history and what that coin is all about you should consider the use of the token since you don't know whether that token is just for short term and cannot be used in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

When I read examples like that the first thing that comes to my mind is what kind of strategy people are using when they are investing in those coins, what kind of trader or investor allows himself to lose 90% of his investment in one coin and it is still holding their coins? I could understand if a person did that while holding bitcoin or even ethereum but doing this for a coin which you you do not know if it is going to keep existing is a huge risk.

It is important for people to remember that one of the most important skills that you can have as a trader is to be able to manage your risk and to do so conservatively, many books about trading consider losing 2% of your capital in a single trade to be the most that you can endure in order to become successful long term in any market and losing 90% is simply unacceptable.

The token actaully hit the ATH last bullrun. All of us in crypto has tons of money which I bought more of these token amounting to $60K. I'm the kind of investor thats hopeful but forgets to check for updates. I tend to forget the tokens since we are ll busy on our jobs and trading for USDT is still the one that we normally do here even in the long bear market. 

Now the delima is that whether the token will still hit its all time high after all the volume increased up to $6M still. At the same time I'm in the hurry to profit this time and would like to profit more by holding Aave. Whether to trade to accumulate, wait for the price to hit ATH or dump to buy Aave. These are the options I'm thinking.

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

When I read examples like that the first thing that comes to my mind is what kind of strategy people are using when they are investing in those coins, what kind of trader or investor allows himself to lose 90% of his investment in one coin and it is still holding their coins? I could understand if a person did that while holding bitcoin or even ethereum but doing this for a coin which you you do not know if it is going to keep existing is a huge risk.

It is important for people to remember that one of the most important skills that you can have as a trader is to be able to manage your risk and to do so conservatively, many books about trading consider losing 2% of your capital in a single trade to be the most that you can endure in order to become successful long term in any market and losing 90% is simply unacceptable.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540

Really hard to say, I mean we don't have any idea if that coin is going to be pump 100x or even 1000x. And that's why we should have a entry and exit point to protect us from being illogical and have emotions in our trading. In my case I would exit @150 sat and then look back. I probably will go and shift my funds to other pumping coins and then rinse and repeat the process.
Activity: 896
Merit: 198

As long as you will exit with a good profit the value is just a  coins you are buying is just a number. 20% to 30% increase of price is good time for selling if I am the one who will decide for it .don't wait for too long because you will never know what next thing will happen to the market short trader is the most safer strategy for traders that want a quick bucks.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
If you truly believe in that coin or token by doing your own research (DYOR), go for it and grab the opportunity to accumulate more when there are signs of pumping.

However, risks are still there. The biggest skill that you need to implement no matter where the price goes is risk management. We have to prepare ourselves in case the price goes the other way around and not what we expect.

If we accumulate more when the token price is pumping, we have to be prepared mentally and emotionally because the market is very unpredictable and volatile.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
Sell in pumps and buy in dumps. That's basically the only thing you could do to ensure that you'd get back your losses, though it may take a long time for a proper recovery to even happen. It's not like you'd successfully enter a period of buy low sell high every time after all. This is considering just the market, without care for the prospects of the project though. If you think that the coins is worth holdiing cause the project would shine in time, it'd probably be best to hodl, and start a trade for buy low sell high separately instead.

Plus, there's also studying the reason why it went from 1000 satoshi to 100 satoshi, and play around the reason around that and make a suitable plan for it. There's never really a set plan for each coin since different coins have different matters that happen to them, so just act suitably with what you think is best. I'd rather stop thinking of profiting at first with this kind of scenario and would rather just think of how to break even tbh.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

If you still have money, you can buy back at a lower price, but you can also wait for longer until the price can back at least to the price that you bought. It will depend on what strategy you use because you can ignore to buy that token at a low price instead of waiting for the price increase. Besides the strategy you use, that will depend on the token itself because we will buy back at a lower price if we are sure that the token can increase more than the price you purchased.

I have those experiences with some new coins. I thought that I already buy at a low price, so I don't do anything and wait for the price increase. But suddenly, the coin price drops too deep, and after I wait for a while, the coin has an update, so I think the coin can increase higher. I decide to buy back for some amount and still hold the price increase.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
CoinPoker.com
First, I will base on my plan of buying, like is there any stop-loss planned after you bought the token?
Also, base it on your price target after buying the token.
It's really difficult to sell at a loss unless you planned it like stop-loss, but what happened is by your own mistake or some foolishness.
But if you really trust your decision and the reasons why you bought the coin at first, then you will wait to breakeven or wait for profits before dumping it.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
If the coin you bought has good potential then buying again at a lower price is a good choice, but if the project is not progressing, it is better to sell it when the price goes up.
but if you hesitate to sell then you can sell half of it and save half of it, this is one of the trading management to keep your emotions.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

I wouldn't baghold from 1,000 to 100 satoshis. I'll tell you that much. Wink

Without considering the underlying fundamentals and state of the market, after a 90% drop you should generally expect a very long, painful grind as far as price recovery goes. Think about the post-2013 and post-2017 bear markets in altcoins, and how long it took those to recover. So yes, that means selling into pumps and remaining in profit-taking mode.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
Quite alright, the pump is encouraging but we all have the idea that it's not at its best. I would not want to waste my token which I have taken time to build, and in the same vein, one has to be very wise and prompt enough not to lose and start regretting, for me, I am trading a certain percentage and hodling the remaining in other to reduce the risk. Since pump are not always forever.
Pages:
Jump to: