Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you vote for a possible president that support Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 1636 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think it would be foolish to vote for one just BECAUSE they support Bitcoin although supporting Bitcoin would help sway my vote in favour of themselves.

I agree, I have to state the obvious that the people who want bitcoin promoted from the President just want to be in early at the train station. I can't really blame them on that perspective though with the bigger view -the nation needs more than money to keep it from standing.

In conclusion; there isn't any other reason for Bitcoin to be promoted, I mean c'mon if the Government wanted the Dollar-2.0 then they would have done it already. Who knows, they could just make a totally new currency this year...who knows
Activity: 630
I think it would be foolish to vote for one just BECAUSE they support Bitcoin although supporting Bitcoin would help sway my vote in favour of themselves.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I would not solely vote for a president, simply because he or she supports Bitcoin. That being said, I do believe the Bitcoin topic is an important one to talk about, since Bitcoin has the prospect of being the currency of the future, and it should be getting much more press then it has been in the media. It would be awesome if the Bitcoin topic would be one of the questions asked in the upcoming Presidential debates, and I would love to hear the nominees' opinions on the matter.
Activity: 924
I was thinking, if a candidate of another party supported Bitcoin, would you change your normal vote to support that candidate or will you

stay with your original choice or the party you usually vote for?  How strongly do you feel about Bitcoin? Strong enough to switch votes?

How much weight does this add to the final decision you have to make at the voting stations? Let's see, if you would switch and why.  Wink
Although he supports Bitcoin , one person can't do important changes in Bitcoin acceptance , Bitcoin needs support from a financial companies , not from political persons , so I won't change my vote because some fields (like fighting against racism and respecting every human) are more important than Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
NO. The worst way Bitcoin can go is being handled by governments. What are you voting your president for right now? I'm telling you - you're voting for them because you can't have another choice. And even if you do, a vote more or less won't change anything. Bitcoin being appreciated by governments means future taxes and such things. They can find a way to fully control it, you never know what idea they got.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
That's not enough reason to support someone as a President. Yeah it may affect my decision but not that much.

I care more about general economic situation and world peace. Without those bitcoin doesn't mean a shit. Look at Europe. Refugees fucked everywhere up. And it is just Syria. Check the world map and see how many countries are there like Syria. If those people start to abandon their homes. We are all doomed.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
It's a good topic,if he don't support bitcoin and any  technologycal advance.i will vote for a person who support bitcoin.Such as the ability to be a leader.if he want his country enrich field of tecnology,ofcourse i will change my votting party Smiley Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
Bitcoin would be in a very bad shape if it required support by a president. If that was the case, Bitcoin would have become like fiat and it would be senseless to vote for it.

Of course a president that would promote Bitcoin use across the nation would be a plus. However, because Bitcoin does not depend on that support, it is equally important to take into consideration the candidate's opinions on other political matters as well. Assuming that a potential president that supports Bitcoin is likely on the libertarian side of the political spectrum there are high chances that he/she would be the preferred choice for me.

But I can only reinforce my statement that Bitcoin must remain fully functional as a decentralized currency without political support. That's the whole point of Bitcoin: Money independent of centralized control, because - as we can see these days again - power is abused sooner or later.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I'm not a single issue voter, so it would seriously depend on who the candidate is, what else they stood for and how trustworthy, (relatively,) I viewed them to be. Especially given this and the last several elections, where anyone with a conscience should vote for who they think is the least destructive, shiniest of a selection of only turd candidates.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
People are crazy nowadays... Voting for a president just because bitcoin?
Politic have a lot of aspects you have to watch and learn, and that's why the world is a messy, people don't give a sh1t and put anyone in command.
Activity: 616
Merit: 603
That depends, cause a President should promise glory and prosperity to their country by promoting trade and other activities as well and not just Bitcoin. If the candidate supports Bitcoin but has other negatives, he/she would not be worthy of my vote. It all depends on the overall pro's and con's of their visions and strengths as well as weaknesses.
Activity: 560
I was thinking, if a candidate of another party supported Bitcoin, would you change your normal vote to support that candidate or will you

stay with your original choice or the party you usually vote for?  How strongly do you feel about Bitcoin? Strong enough to switch votes?

How much weight does this add to the final decision you have to make at the voting stations? Let's see, if you would switch and why.  Wink

I would certainly vote
Activity: 798
yes i would like to vote them but only for those who really honest will support bitcoin and bitcoin users

and not the candidate who only carry bitcoin world as their personal interests and only to increase their popularity

Yes, I would vote too. But I don’t believe a candidate would promise it because it needs agreements with many organizations that are against.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
When I first read your question I think right away I definitely choose to vote for the president who support bitcoin. But I think again and remember that the media said if Donald Trump become the president of the United State, bitcoin will get a huge advantage. But I don't wanna vote for him, even if it's good for bitcoin. I want Hilary Clinton to become the president and if I can I will vote for her.
I don't know why you would want to immediately swap to a president that supports Bitcoin, as that would likely only bring about taxation and likely wouldn't be a net-benefit for people overall. It would just be another way for the government to get easy money, under the guise of being a beneficiary.

Also I don't know why you'd want Hillary if you know everything she's done, especially considering Trump has an immensely cleaner record.
Activity: 406
When I first read your question I think right away I definitely choose to vote for the president who support bitcoin. But I think again and remember that the media said if Donald Trump become the president of the United State, bitcoin will get a huge advantage. But I don't wanna vote for him, even if it's good for bitcoin. I want Hilary Clinton to become the president and if I can I will vote for her.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
this depends on many many things.
if the candidates have the same opinion, but one is supporting bitcoin and the other is not, then this is a nobrainer for bitcoin.
the other extreme is jesus vs hitler and hitler suports bitcoin, jesus not. sorry bitcoin then.
the rest is somewhere in between, but i would be more worried about the candidate keeping the promise afterwards.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
yes i would like to vote them but only for those who really honest will support bitcoin and bitcoin users

and not the candidate who only carry bitcoin world as their personal interests and only to increase their popularity
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1152
101% I will support the candidate who has policies which are in favor of bitcoin's growth. Unfortunately, this will not be possible in my country as here politicians are illiterate and very rarely do announce technical things in pre - election campaigns.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
Not really tbh.

What is the purpose?

I would only vote for someone that is a good leader for the nation. Things like taking action physically helping the people while fighting against enemies if there was a threat. Cred is the name of the game

Money alone isn't something that inspires me to vote.

I am not against Bitcoin, maybe it has a future...idk. It just seems funny to me...A president promoting Bitcoin...unless the Pres was going to permenantly shut down the government then it would make sense for him to do that...

I wouldn't be suprised if that happened
Activity: 252
It wouldn't sway my vote just because he/she supports or does not support bitcoin. It has positive benefits either way. Bitcoin support would more than likely translate into a swift spike in the price and therefor be a negative to anyone still wishing to purchase at a low price and willing to wait it out until this inevitably happens. Lack of support would be the exact opposite and give the folks who don't mind waiting time to increase their holdings and maximize profits.
Pages:
Jump to: