Pages:
Author

Topic: wrong bitcoin address - page 2. (Read 361 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 23
Epsilon Omega
November 15, 2019, 05:53:54 PM
When I see this, I'm very thankful that I actually making 2nd or until 3rd glance at the start and end of my public address whenever I will send funds on exchanges or another wallet.

We should be very careful on everything we see on internet. Every simple click will end yours assets zero.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
November 15, 2019, 05:37:48 PM
Hello. Recently I had my account on an exchange hacked. Since then whenever I try to change my remaining btc,on other sites, the address I am given to input is replaced by the address the hacker used.
Hacker used this address to withdraw funds to; 13gwPnRgJjqsg2T1QQ6LQXtxWJAQDJWD6z
Whenever I input new address into my sites the address given is replaced by the above address. Anyone any idea how to overcome this problem?

Don't know how it ends up on your machine but it looks the malware came from one of your downloads and you installed it. That file might come from random sites you have visited or clicking random links e.g via email. It might also be included on the download package where you are not aware that's included and just hit the check and accept button.

The malware will not be executed unless someone executed it

For now, refrain from doing any transaction until your machine is clean. Or if you really need to do the transaction, try to do it on your other trusted machine, maybe from one of your family, friends, etc.

Your options are:

1) Reformat the whole system (OS) to have a clean and fresh look.

2) If you don't want to end up reformatting the whole system as it's really hassle to come back again from scratch and re-install again your programs, try MalwareBytes (not a promotion but this is the only anti-malware program that I used since then and no doubt, the most powerful one in my own view).

My suggestion is doing number 1 since we don't know if that malware includes other types of malware that have another purpose.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1252
Heisenberg
November 15, 2019, 05:07:39 PM
Exchange was kucoin
Like BitMaxz said... your computer is likely to be infected with malware. If i was you i would even just format and reinstall a fresh OS.

Looking into the address transaction history: https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/address/13gwPnRgJjqsg2T1QQ6LQXtxWJAQDJWD6z
It seems to have been in use for more than 2 years old... which implies whichever malware is using it is most like to have been in existence for a while now and has scammed lots of people and is still scamming

Activity: 532
Merit: 13
November 15, 2019, 04:14:42 PM
Exchange was kucoin
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
November 15, 2019, 03:59:47 PM
It seems your device or PC is infected with clipboard malware.
Let me ask if what exchange you are talking about?

Try to scan your PC first with Malwarebytes and antivirus like Kaspersky and scan the whole PC you might be infected with clipboard malware.
If they detect suspicious files try to quarantine them and try to paste the address again to any website.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
November 15, 2019, 03:35:01 PM
Not sure which hack you are talking about and the site. If you are seeing this wrong address then do not initiate an withdrawal. Possibly the hacker wants you to send your withdrawal in the address that is always showing in your side.

Stay in touch with their updates and when you will see it's safe and not changing then initiate the withdrawal.
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
November 15, 2019, 03:32:49 PM
Hello. Recently I had my account on an exchange hacked. Since then whenever I try to change my remaining btc,on other sites, the address I am given to input is replaced by the address the hacker used.
Hacker used this address to withdraw funds to; 13gwPnRgJjqsg2T1QQ6LQXtxWJAQDJWD6z
Whenever I input new address into my sites the address given is replaced by the above address. Anyone any idea how to overcome this problem?
Pages:
Jump to: