Pages:
Author

Topic: Wrong time to invest in bitcoin with the confusion? - page 2. (Read 1390 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
with the recent talk about the fork and all that is it the wrong time to invest for someone like me who is new to the game

Did you hear about that one, "buy when there is a blood in the streets"? Times like these are the best for investment. Not when we were at $1,000 and everybody were buying. Interestingly, when we were hovering about $700-800, everybody begged for cheap coins, now when they are here, nobody wants them.

Bitcoin is still just an experiment and can fail. If you ask me, if we can't have a consensus over a block size increase, then we need to fail, since there will be many more consensuses to reach down the road that might be even trickier.

But if and when we reach it, price should take off to at least a pre fork level, $300. It's up to you to decide. Do a research and listen to yourself.  
Activity: 521
Merit: 500
When everyone is panicking, it's the best time to buy actually, noone should buy during a hype. But i would wait a bit more for
the price to go a bit under 200, which is a real possibility.
After that it should be smooth sail, because all this bs about forks will go away sooner or later.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024
Confusion and impending doom is the best time to get into anything, but only if it comes out the other side stronger. Only you can decide whether you can stomach that risk.
This is what makes money, I guess if the herd could deal with the "stress" of buying during the questionable times it would be different.

I doubt bear spread options are possible in the Bitcoin world. In other words, it's not possible to profit from situations like these. There are times where "impending doom" and "confusion" causes real losses. Telling a newbie it's the best time to get into Bitcoin is irresponsible.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
I think that this is probably the best time to invest into bitcoin. The price is low and is stable at $180, the price can either fall a bit or get higher than now which is more likely.
legendary
Activity: 896
i never buy when it's going perfectly fine with bitcoins or stocks. that's most likely when the price is already too high. best time to buy is when people are panic selling and dumping it real hard.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
IMO the best time to be buying is now. If you can buy in ~$200/BTC, even if it goes back up to $300 you would make 150% of your investment. If it goes to $400 you make 200% of your money, in probably less than 12 months. If it goes lower than $200 in the next month or two, buy even more.

If, however, you wait until BTC gets its legs again, and buy in at say $300, it would need to rise to $450 to make 150% and $600 to double your money.

Of course, everything is a risk, but BTC has been around for awhile now and with all the money invested in it and surrounding tech and infrastructure, it is not going away anytime soon.
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
I wouldn't say bitcoin is becoming a centralized failure, at least not yet. It completely depends on the direction things go in the next few months. I'm not a diehard "bitcoin can never lose value" kind of person, but I'm not going to say things can't go badly from this position either.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

That;s not something you should be basing your decision on though what you should be is whether you believe whichever way bitcoin goes will it suceed? at the moment I only see it surviving if it continues the way it is now and use the temporary fixes that gmaxwell proposes

Which ones, specifically?  When Greg talks, I listen...but I don't follow him closely enough to know everything he says or does.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Stay away. Bitcoin is becoming a centralized failure.

I will have to say the same; loyal bitcoiners will be sure to bombard this thread about how to stay calm and how the price of bitcoin will surely rise, but for now it looks like it's going down.

Bitcoin price chart.

That;s not something you should be basing your decision on though what you should be is whether you believe whichever way bitcoin goes will it suceed? at the moment I only see it surviving if it continues the way it is now and use the temporary fixes that gmaxwell proposes
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
with the recent talk about the fork and all that is it the wrong time to invest for someone like me who is new to the game

If things correct themselves and we all come to a middle ground,
then now is the best time to buy (or maybe a little lower between 180 USD to 200 USD).

It all really depends on how much you can financially lose and if you are willing to be a long time holder.

Currently, Bitcoin/bitcoin is still considered an experiment.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

I will have to say the same; loyal bitcoiners will be sure to bombard this thread about how to stay calm and how the price of bitcoin will surely rise, but for now it looks like it's going down.

Bitcoin price chart.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Confusion and impending doom is the best time to get into anything, but only if it comes out the other side stronger. Only you can decide whether you can stomach that risk.
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: