Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF? $20.000.000.000 seem to have been poured into BCH in a couple of days - page 3. (Read 1497 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

Is crypto market cap calculated in a different way than stock market cap?

In the stock market, a company with 1 million shares worth $1 has a market cap of $1 million. To raise market cap to $2 million it’s not enough to buy 10.000 shares for $2. 1 million shares would need to be bought for that.
I haven't said that. Technicaly to increase the general market cap you don't need to buy a million shares for that price. Market capitalization is calculated by multiplying the current price by the amount of shares (in case with crypto we have coins, whatever). So if someone buy a share for 2$ then the market cap of the company should rise. In some cases the market cap might be a pure fiction and it doessn't mean that you can drop all your shares for that price.

1 million shares would need to be bought for that.
You are basicaly saying that you need to resell the company once again to make a new price. Just imagine what volume should companies have to perform the uual daily price changes when they need to do the full circle for a one price change step.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
The amount of money moving in there for it to fling 20% in one direction in literally a minute, that is huge.
take a look at this chart
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
I think this fall is just a temporary fall and BTC will increase in a few days, at first 6500 usd and then back to 7x00 usd where its price belongs.
Btw. you can create 20bn usd market cap easily i think, you dont have to have 20bn usd i guess.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
It's quite alarming, coupled with the fact that Bitcoin seems to be steadily dropping, but I don't think it's anything to worry about in the grand scheme of things. Somewhere above $5000 was Bitcoin's all time high just a few weeks ago, and we're still above that. I'm not ready to sound the alarm just yet.

One thing is for sure though, Bitcoin Cash backers have successfully created FUD with their Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin talk. True Bitcoin supporters seem steadfast, as far as I can see, so I don't think this will last. The sooner it subsides, the better though.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Next Generation Antivirus
i do not know what happened maybe bitcoin is too expensive in buy so they switched to BCH and now BCH wow amazing price make me jump and i have 30 BCH hahhaha this is very fun
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1565
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
On the other side I admire the resilience of Ethereum. Both times when Bitcoin goes up and down ETH remains somewhere closely to 300$.
If the price of an asset goes up 20b does not mean that 20b moved into it. U can create that price with a fe million if u wanted

Could you explain this, please?
It seems like he wanted to say that you dont need to spend XX billions to increase BCH market cap by the same amount. For example someone is buying a coin for 1$ over the last deal and it becomes a new actual price so with the total abount of 16 mln coins the market cap increases by 16$mln

Is crypto market cap calculated in a different way than stock market cap?

In the stock market, a company with 1 million shares worth $1 has a market cap of $1 million. To raise market cap to $2 million it’s not enough to buy 10.000 shares for $2. 1 million shares would need to be bought for that.

Hahaha oh my god. The MARKET CAP is up 20B.

If I make a new coin, set the limit to 1 million, open two accounts and sell for $1 to myself BOOM. $1 million market cap.

There are NOT an extra 20 billion put into BCH and this is an ovious attempt at manipulation just like every other time in the past. It's to get newbies hypes thinking they should invest in it because of the wonderful gains. They cannot and will not last.

This seems to me a reasonable explanation.

(BTW: I edited the subject of this post adding "seem to have been")
Activity: 700
Merit: 300

Yup this is something very planned game for BCH and BTC. Look at the graph and tell me you dont see BTC going all into the BCH and it is being pumped like crazy. Its not predictable 100% whats going with these two currencies but I’m petty sure that BTC is being dumped into BCH for some spiking reasons. People might be insane at this point as to why BCH is getting hiked so much. Im confused with the BCH now, and can’t decide whether to pour my money into it or not. Im thinking its better to keep an eye on bitcoin itself and once it is pretty down we can just buy it from there onwards. I do really think that BCH is just temporary and nothing can keep it so high for longer period of time.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
Hahaha oh my god. The MARKET CAP is up 20B.

If I make a new coin, set the limit to 1 million, open two accounts and sell for $1 to myself BOOM. $1 million market cap.

There are NOT an extra 20 billion put into BCH and this is an ovious attempt at manipulation just like every other time in the past. It's to get newbies hypes thinking they should invest in it because of the wonderful gains. They cannot and will not last.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
On the other side I admire the resilience of Ethereum. Both times when Bitcoin goes up and down ETH remains somewhere closely to 300$.
If the price of an asset goes up 20b does not mean that 20b moved into it. U can create that price with a fe million if u wanted

It seems like he wanted to say that you dont need to spend XX billions to increase BCH market cap by the same amount. For example someone is buying a coin for 1$ over the last deal and it becomes a new actual price so with the total abount of 16 mln coins the market cap increases by 16$mln
Activity: 364
Merit: 118
Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3
 Shocked I'm gonna still hold my BTC on my web wallet but this is really serious. I agree on you that there is a big possibility that Wu and Ver persuaded some investors to pump BCH. There is also casual  people who turns into BTC. At the end of the day it's still the community who should prevail here. Manipulators will get the karma they deserved.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
BCH market is really spiking a lot now. Who knows it might be just all the people getting their BTC exchanged for the BCH at this very movement. Sometimes it could happen that when few of the big investors try to get into specific coin and we see all the green market their then it could start event of chain reaction and all the investors starts dumping the money into it. May be thats why 80%+ hike on BCH and 10%- lowered BTC which is more than in value and can cover those 70%+ spiking easily. That is for sure, BTC is getting exchanged with BCH. But for the reason that I don't know or may be its tough to decide who's manipulating the thing at all.
legendary
I get up and see this:

BCH has gone from around $10 billion market cap to $30 billion market cap in a couple of days. Who the hell has some spare $20 billion to pour into BCH? Buffet’s net worth is around $77 billion.

I don’t think this can only be explained to Roger Ver and Jihan Wu going all in on BCH. They must have persuaded institutional investors to get into BCH. Apart from scared people exchanging BTC for BCH.

I will HODL but this is serious.

Activity: 99
Merit: 18
I get up and see this:

BCH has gone from around $10 billion market cap to $30 billion market cap in a couple of days. Who the hell has some spare $20 billion to pour into BCH? Buffet’s net worth is around $77 billion.

I don’t think this can only be explained to Roger Ver and Jihan Wu going all in on BCH. They must have persuaded institutional investors to get into BCH. Apart from scared people exchanging BTC for BCH.

legendary
I get up and see this:

Pages:
Jump to: