Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTF!] Toughest encryption cracked by listening to your CPU with a phone - page 2. (Read 3718 times)

ni|
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
 Shocked MIND BLOWING ...

Dang , nothing is safe nowadays .
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Music or recordings aren't going to help you.  Your speakers aren't capable of producing frequencies that high.  This sound is at about 290KHz.  Your speakers peter out at about 20KHz.

So they'll invent new speakers that produce higher frequencies just for this issue.
Activity: 590
Merit: 500
Music or recordings aren't going to help you.  Your speakers aren't capable of producing frequencies that high.  This sound is at about 290KHz.  Your speakers peter out at about 20KHz.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The General
You could easily render those listening devices useless by continuously playing a loop of the song She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby.

No, like I said, the same people who cracked the code can filter out any excess noise, that includes that song
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019
I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD
You could easily render those listening devices useless by continuously playing a loop of the song She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The General

Agreed with the playing music option, have a bunch of random static noise to cancel out any frequencies made by the CPU so any attackers will have a hard time decoding the noise

Or make invisible noise that only those kinds of microphones can hear

Then there will be anti-invisible noise microphones

Anyway there will be a long lasting war vs these microphones as they become more powerful, the cpus become more silent and more distractions are made for them as well.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic

Security researchers have successfully broken one of the most secure encryption algorithms, 4096-bit RSA, by listening – yes, with a microphone — to a computer as it decrypts some encrypted data. The attack is fairly simple and can be carried out with rudimentary hardware. In this case, the security researchers listen to the high-pitched (10 to 150 KHz) sounds produced by your computer as it decrypts data.  The researchers successfully extracted decryption keys over a distance of four meters (13 feet) with a high-quality parabolic microphone. They also managed to pull of this attack with a smartphone placed 30 centimeters (12 inches) away from the target laptop.”

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173108-researchers-crack-the-worlds-toughest-encryption-by-listening-to-the-tiny-sounds-made-by-your-computers-cpu

(we're going to need safe rooms in deep underground bunkers to access our wallets)
Pages:
Jump to: