Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] 1.5 Th/s Pre-order for 2nd Week January: Fair deal - page 2. (Read 1827 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hi,

To be honest i'm just testing the water to see what the perceived value of my confirmed, fully paid, order with a reputable company (proven tech, proven delivery track record) for delivery expedited 2nd week in January.

This thing can mine at 1,500 Gh/s with power consumption of 1,850W. At an realistic but slightly optimistic difficulty estimate of 1.2m and USD/BTC of $1,000 this thing could bring in $20,000 in the first month. At a more pessimistic view, difficulty of 1.7m and USD/BTC of $750, it brings in $10,000. Decent total return on investment looks virtually assured... but it's still 5/6 weeks away.

I'm selling my house (divorce) and I'd like to know how much I could sell my pre-order for if i need the cash because the house sale falls through or I just run out of money (I re-invested everything in this miner).

Everybody knows the difficulty is going to ramp up, but that's what people said about KNC and it hasn't really happened. I think most people are sitting on their BTC waiting to see how high the price can go, or just buying BTC instead of miners.

I certainly regret paying BTC not USD for the miner, but I did secure a reasonable queue position. The current list price for February week 5 (I know... February only has 4 weeks) is $5,679 or ~5BTC but the profit potential is a tiny fraction of what it is in 2nd week January.

I paid 9BTC at a rate of $750 USD/BTC from memory. I'd like to see a modest return on my investment, but happy to set up some sort of escrow to refund that profit if the difficulty/BTC price is under threat... I just want to underwrite my risk, not get rich.

Thoughts? Offers?
Pages:
Jump to: