Pages:
Author

Topic: WTS - 300 CoinTerras anyone? 600,000 watts of fun! - page 2. (Read 1411 times)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
How many of the units actually run at 100%?

I don't know that number.  I do know they were mostly running at a greatly reduced speed.  The amount running at full speed might only be about 10% or so.  Like I was saying, I would only look at them for parts, due to their unreliable mining nature.  As for mining, they would be considered just about junk, except for the parts.

The PSUs in them are actually really good.  Platinum, 1080W and will do that at 120 volt.  They already have breakout boards to 4 AWG copper wire.  If someone has a way to go from 4 AWG copper to 6 ~ 10 PCI-E cables, then I am sure each one of those setups would be worth a good $100 or so each (consumer platinum PSUs run about twice that).  There are 600 PSUs in the lot, so if someone had the time it would be worth the effort.  I just don't have the time.

Here is an image of the PSU, breakout board and 4 AWG copper.  They are really easy to take out, just about 5 screws and you have this in your hand:

They each have 5 delta fans, so there is something like 3,000 delta fans.  They are AFB1212SHE, probably intended for high static pressure environments as they needed to push through the radiators for the liquid cooling.

There are 4 dies that get cooled, I think these coolers are the same ones that can be used for Intel server PSUs.  I would have to look into it, but I have seen the same coolers used in that environment.

There are other parts like the BeagleBone Black controllers.  Bitmain sells them for $50 + shipping.

Other random stuff such as the case is aluminum.  Not sure if the metal is worth anything, but it seams like a 19" rack mountable aluminum case might be worth something.

These things were > $10,000 new, so they are made of good parts.  Just antiquated when it comes to mining.

I am not looking for much, but to the right person they might be worth something.  I personally would just recycle them if no one is interested here.  I don't have the time to part them out.

donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
Can we get a pic of these just for shits and giggles?
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?
How many of the units actually run at 100%?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
Man these should of been worthless about 2 years ago. Still surprised you were running so many of them.

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
It is a shot in the dark, but anyone interested in 300 CoinTerras?  Heaters, paper weights, Burning Man art installation, parts (they have 2 X 1080W 120/208/240 platinum PSU with breakout boards, BeagleBone Black controllers, liquid cooling, etc)?

Being CoinTerras, they run anywhere from full speed to no speed.  Reallly, parting them out would be the best plan, I just don't have time to do it.

If I get any interest, I'll take some photos and put them up.  It is really a silly mountain of hardware.  They are currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area and would fit in a 24' ~ 26' box truck.  
Pages:
Jump to: