Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] BIP38 cold-storage wooden cards to protect your bitcoin - 10% off - page 3. (Read 9243 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Woodwallets.io
Bippy is updated, tested, and works with electrum seeds. The UI needs refinement for sure after this new introduction, but now it does what it is supposed to. We'll fix it along the way.

Step 1:

Install Kivy (required for the UI), clone and run from github :

Code:
git clone [email protected]:inuitwallet/bippy.git
Disconnect from the internet and make sure you are using a clean machine (better a Live DVD) and execute the tool
Code:
cd bippy
kivy bippy.py

To encrypt your electrum seed :
  • Type your seed into the "private key" field. Observe how Bippy detects that a seed has been entered
  • Choose a passphrase
  • Press "Encrypt"

It will generate a nice encrypted key that start with "SeedE" , something like SeedER4sSM6VLmmDB6Ftu3wNSt483iXw17bJxu3nvQ6qTNsrx2bo7Nnw4zdD

Now you can use that very same code to place an order on http://woodwallets.io . Feel free to get private only side or public+private.
This afternoon I will play with electrum logo instead of the "BTC" logo on wood Wink.

To decrypt your encrypted electrum seed :

• Type the encrypted seed into the "private key" field.
  • Enter your encryption a passphrase
  • Press "Decrypt"

here a preview !

For technical details, wait for Sam Wink
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
It might take a week but we'll find a way to make it beautiful
I can't wait! Could you please keep me posted? Thank you so much for all the effort that you will be putting into this.
By the way, could you give me an estimate of the price? Always handy to know. Tongue

As I type Sam is playing with BIP0038 and manage to bend it to his will : we are now able to encrypt Electrum seed into beatiful strings that looks like private keys. We are testing it now. Get ready for it Wink
I can't wait man! I am really looking forward to the design and everything you guys come up with!
Woodwallets.io
I can't wait! Could you please keep me posted? Thank you so much for all the effort that you will be putting into this.
By the way, could you give me an estimate of the price? Always handy to know. Tongue

As I type Sam is playing with BIP0038 and manage to bend it to his will : we are now able to encrypt Electrum seed into beatiful strings that looks like private keys.   We are testing it now. Get ready for it Wink

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
I'm really excited to get mine! I have a feeling it's on it's way (;
Woodwallets.io
No problem.  Don't worry it can't be more expensive than traditional bip38 wallets (25$)
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Woodwallets.io
I would be interested in the electrum thing!
Yeah! Two customers that want it! I have received an email from woodwallets.io, by the way. They are trying to find a good way to encrypt the seed. I have suggested them to look into GPG or SHA512.
If you can please keep me updated!

Woodwallets.io
Any chance of making some in different wood finishes/stains? Smiley

Hi, thank you!  How do you see them differently with wood finishing stains? We can think about it

Maybe a cherry or a mahogany color? But not sure how that would affect the QR code or readability...

If we want to alter the color the important thing is that we keep the surface of a light color to keep contrast strong with the dark engraving.  Any ideas?
Activity: 345
Merit: 100
https://wagabet.com/?ref=4GhhtoyKXXeVtx83ispZ1T
Yeah! Two customers that want it! I have received an email from woodwallets.io, by the way. They are trying to find a good way to encrypt the seed. I have suggested them to look into GPG or SHA512.
If you can please keep me updated!
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Hi, thank you!  How do you see them differently with wood finishing stains? We can think about it

Maybe a cherry or a mahogany color? But not sure how that would affect the QR code or readability...
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Activity: 345
Merit: 100
https://wagabet.com/?ref=4GhhtoyKXXeVtx83ispZ1T
Woodwallets.io
What do you mean with finding someone else who wants it? Do you need more than one person to do this idea?

Of course it doesn't make much business sense to just make one Wink.  But whatever, I want to try  Smiley Lets move the conversation over email : [email protected]

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
These look very nice.

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Don't refrain your instinct, this one is not just a gadget. I mean, its a gadget but a) is awesome b)is useful Wink ehehe.

We could do an electrum experiment :

one side would contain your public master key and your public key
the other would contain your seed.

We can find a way to encrypt your seed before sending it to me. I'm afraid it can't be BIP38... Let me know if you want me to go ahead... Also, I don't have much free time to play with this so it would be awesome of you if you can find someone else who wants this Wink
Well, I am very very tempted but I have spend so much lately, hahaha. The Electrum thing would be amazing and I would love to have that. If we could do it, I would gladly buy one. What do you mean with finding someone else who wants it? Do you need more than one person to do this idea?
Woodwallets.io
These look amazing. I promised myself to stop buying Bitcoin related items, but man... I am really tempted to get me one of these.

I see that you offer "Armory multi-fragment backups", would it be possible to do something like that for Electrum? Like, encrypt the seed with BIP38 and put it onto a piece of wood? Or is that something BIP38 doesn't support? I haven't taken the time to read up on it yet, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Anyway I would love to have something like that as a backup. Grin

Don't refrain your instinct, this one is not just a gadget. I mean, its a gadget but a) is awesome b)is useful Wink ehehe.

We could do an electrum experiment :

one side would contain your public master key and your public key
the other would contain your seed.

We can find a way to encrypt your seed before sending it to me. I'm afraid it can't be BIP38... Let me know if you want me to go ahead... Also, I don't have much free time to play with this so it would be awesome of you if you can find someone else who wants this Wink

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
These look amazing. I promised myself to stop buying Bitcoin related items, but man... I am really tempted to get me one of these.

I see that you offer "Armory multi-fragment backups", would it be possible to do something like that for Electrum? Like, encrypt the seed with BIP38 and put it onto a piece of wood? Or is that something BIP38 doesn't support? I haven't taken the time to read up on it yet, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Anyway I would love to have something like that as a backup. Grin
Woodwallets.io
Looks pretty slick, I remember seeing these not too long ago. Guess I'll have to order one Wink

Thanks! Let me know if I can help placing the order Wink
Activity: 470
Looks pretty slick, I remember seeing these not too long ago. Guess I'll have to order one Wink
Woodwallets.io
These look great -- have you had any issues with them scanning in low light? I have heard that some of the 3D QR codes can have this issue.

Also where are you shipping from? Thanks Smiley

Good question about low light.  No,  there are no problems with low light,  quite the opposite they work pretty well : simply tilt the wallet and it will shade the engraved area.  That way you'll have a strong contrast and the QR will be scanned right away. Please tell me if you want me to make some test for you.

We ship from Spain. 
Pages:
Jump to: