Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] Casascius 2011 Error Coin MS67 / Casascius 2013 1 BTC Silver MS68 - page 2. (Read 3536 times)

legendary
Activity: 2461
Merit: 1058
Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!
No the error coin has not been reduced in price the way you imagine. 3 btc would be a steal for that coin. Please note that cas coins are always priced in btc not in fiat. So 5 btc will still be 5 btc.

Open bazaar opened yesterday so maybe this will be a better place to sell cas coins.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Has the error coin been reduced yet?  Wink These will become increasingly more difficult to sell as the BTC price goes up.
legendary
3 BTC for error coin.
Thank you for your offer. Imho that would be a decent offer for the silver single but not for the error coin.
There are only 20 error coins with a rating of MS67! So this is a special coin!

I'm open to a reasonable counter-offer.

ok counter-offer: 5 BTC

still available Smiley

My 3 BTC offer stands. I would rather buy 100g of gold for 5 BTC from jmbullion  Grin

Well if you don't want to spend 5 btc for a nice piece of bitcoin history you can take the silver single for 3btc.Smiley
3 BTC for error coin.
Thank you for your offer. Imho that would be a decent offer for the silver single but not for the error coin.

still available Smiley

My 3 BTC offer stands. I would rather buy 100g of gold for 5 BTC from jmbullion  Grin
legendary
3 BTC for error coin.

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Coming from someone who had sold plenty of these coins, I think OP's asking price is within market rate. The 2011 errors are very popular but I think the 2011 non-error brass and 2012 brass doesn't get the recognition they deserve. If anyone have an ungraded one let me know.

Great looking coin OP good luck with your sale.
3 BTC for error coin.

legendary
3 BTC for error coin.
3 BTC for error coin.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
I do believe that things will even out though. I've seen a lot of ANACS haters because of grade differences, but grading these types of coins with different aspects to take into account is new and will even out in time.
Activity: 679
Merit: 526
They ANACS grade should be taken as a guide as to what the condition of the coin is, not a literal stepwise difference between coins with different grades. So a brass MS68 is noticeably in a better condition to what an MS63 would be for example.

Except that around here, it is used as more of a stepwise to arrive at the price(by sellers) than a guide.  You literally have people stepping the price from grade to grade and justifying it by saying "ANACS grade!".

As happens with every non crypto graded coin also. If you can find an MS70 silver eagle cheaper than an MS68, or an ungraded round ... please tell me where

You are of course right, but I have not noticed the inconsistency that I have seen with crypto coins.
legendary
Activity: 1252
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
They ANACS grade should be taken as a guide as to what the condition of the coin is, not a literal stepwise difference between coins with different grades. So a brass MS68 is noticeably in a better condition to what an MS63 would be for example.

Except that around here, it is used as more of a stepwise to arrive at the price(by sellers) than a guide.  You literally have people stepping the price from grade to grade and justifying it by saying "ANACS grade!".

As happens with every non crypto graded coin also. If you can find an MS70 silver eagle cheaper than an MS68, or an ungraded round ... please tell me where

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Do you have a guide price for the 2011 error?

I would guess between 2.5 - 3 BTC would be a competitive offer. 

Well there are only a few MS 67 Error coins out there.

TookDk sold one around 5.2 BTC in january and monkeynuts has one on sale for 5.2 BTC.

So a competitive offer is 2.5-3 BTC? Roll Eyes

Good point, I had not considered the grade.  2.5-3 BTC might get a reply, but not a sale  Cheesy  I would guess 3.5-4 is what it might go for at auction. 5 would be a good price to list it at. 

The grade is arbitrary and useless.  You have people around here re-submitting the same coin over and over until they get a grade they like.  ANACS grading is a fools game.

Well that's your opinion. I think the difference in the high range like MS 69 and Ms70 is minimal. But the difference between MS 66 and MS 67 for example is noticeable. Blazed and I guessed a Ms67+ for this coin before sending it to Anacs.

I bought a lot of ANACS coins in order to form this opinion, so I think I know what I am talking about.
legendary

TookDk sold one around 5.2 BTC in january and monkeynuts has one on sale for 5.2 BTC.

Good point, I had not considered the grade.  2.5-3 BTC might get a reply, but not a sale  Cheesy  I would guess 3.5-4 is what it might go for at auction. 5 would be a good price to list it at. 

The grade is arbitrary and useless.  You have people around here re-submitting the same coin over and over until they get a grade they like.  ANACS grading is a fools game.

Well that's your opinion. I think the difference in the high range like MS 69 and Ms70 is minimal. But the difference between MS 66 and MS 67 for example is noticeable. Blazed and I guessed a Ms67+ for this coin before sending it to Anacs.

Activity: 943
Merit: 783
In Memory of Zepher

legendary

Activity: 943
Merit: 783
In Memory of Zepher

Pages:
Jump to: