Pages:
Author

Topic: WTS pair of RARE Google Glass for BTC! NONE FOR SALE ANYWHERE! - page 2. (Read 9211 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
38 btc, escrow only.
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
At the risk of sounding like an idiot...how do these things work?

this should help
http://www.hulu.com/watch/486603
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Vod is a liar
Um why would anyone buy these for 90k when everyone can just buy them for $1500 in another couple months? Thats like charging $50,000 for an iphone 5s... whats with the price gougers  lately...

Probably because if someone listened to you thinking they could buy them in a couple of months they would be very upset with you in a couple of months.

That's my guess... since you can't buy them for 1,500 in a couple of months....

Also, have you even read the posts here... No one is trying to sell them for 90k. That was a snip from a news article from like a month ago. Pay attention if you want to troll...
I do belive that google said they plan on releaseing it to users at the end of 2013 early 2014. so that is only 6/7 months

Unofficially from I/O it's mid 2014, IF you believe companies hit their estimated release days. More realistically I'd expect more 2015 being that release days always get pushed back.
2015 your crazy,Mid 2014 is the latest. The only company that gets away with pushing back the date 1 year is BFL.

http://www.t3.com/news/google-glass-price-release-date-specs-and-info

Google said at last I/O it was mid-2014 currently but I honestly predict with a product this big and innovative that'll continue to get pushed back further. We shall see.

Well you're the one who will know how complete and ready they are based on the prototype you have - I assume it's prototype as if they had the glasses ready they would be planning on shipping them soon.

If yours is a prototype I would hold on to it, if it's a fully working model we can assume they'll be ready to ship in the next few months

So tell us, how good are they?

Yes, they are fun to play with, for sure. Very cool, very futuristic but I can tell that they still need a lot added to them for a retail release, which is why they've just released this small amount of them mostly to developers. The rest from what I can tell were mostly released to celebrities (free marketing) and people with big connections. The average Joe really had a snowballs chance in hell of getting them.
Activity: 476
Um why would anyone buy these for 90k when everyone can just buy them for $1500 in another couple months? Thats like charging $50,000 for an iphone 5s... whats with the price gougers  lately...

Probably because if someone listened to you thinking they could buy them in a couple of months they would be very upset with you in a couple of months.

Also, have you even read the posts here... No one is trying to sell them for 90k. That was a snip from a news article from like a month ago. Pay attention if you want to troll...
I do belive that google said they plan on releaseing it to users at the end of 2013 early 2014. so that is only 6/7 months

Unofficially from I/O it's mid 2014, IF you believe companies hit their estimated release days. More realistically I'd expect more 2015 being that release days always get pushed back.
2015 your crazy,Mid 2014 is the latest. The only company that gets away with pushing back the date 1 year is BFL.

Google said at last I/O it was mid-2014 currently but I honestly predict with a product this big and innovative that'll continue to get pushed back further. We shall see.

Well you're the one who will know how complete and ready they are based on the prototype you have - I assume it's prototype as if they had the glasses ready they would be planning on shipping them soon.

If yours is a prototype I would hold on to it, if it's a fully working model we can assume they'll be ready to ship in the next few months

So tell us, how good are they?
Vod is a liar

legendary
Activity: 1630

Vod is a liar

Vod is a liar

Still before BFL ships their much anticipated products. lol Wink

Bahahahaha!  +1
legendary
some people need it now and are willing to pay that premium. Personally I would be willing to pay 2x or even 3x the normal google glass price to buy it now
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
One bitcoin to rule them all!
Um why would anyone buy these for 90k when everyone can just buy them for $1500 in another couple months? Thats like charging $50,000 for an iphone 5s... whats with the price gougers  lately...

It's completely new and people want it.

Pretty sure you could get a pretty penny for an iphone 5s too.

It's the same with TV's. I cannot fanthom why people would pay $20.000 for a big-screen plasma a few years ago, still those are the people who have made it possible for me to buy a much better big-screen plasma at less than $1000 now.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

Still before BFL ships their much anticipated products. lol Wink
legendary

Vod is a liar

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Um why would anyone buy these for 90k when everyone can just buy them for $1500 in another couple months? Thats like charging $50,000 for an iphone 5s... whats with the price gougers  lately...
Vod is a liar
Only thing I have to say is:

If you think they're easy to get, go try to get a pair. Good luck with the ebay. If someone has them listed for 5k coin toss if that's a scam or someone that just doesn't realize what they're worth. Most people won't even sell them for lots of reasons and there are not many released yet.

People that say these are easy to get, in short, have not a clue what they're talking about and are just trolling.

For the record, that wasn't my Ebay auction, that was taken from a news article. Try using Google. I would have told my pair for 90k in a heart beat and I'm not trying to get 90k in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com
Very cool, I'm very interested in getting a chance to try a pair of these and see how responsive they are. Respect to the first batch of brave buyers.
Activity: 110
Merit: 11
Not trying to argue with you. I am just pointing out actual facts as I understand it. I hate it when people say stuff is common and easy to get when its not. Also, that they provide no use when there is a crazy amount of use for them. My offer still stands for $5000 to anyone who will sell me a pair. If they were so common I am sure someone would want to make some cash.

On twitter I really have no idea since I don't work for Google so in that case your probably right. I do know that developers did not get them at least years Google IO though 2000 of them were able to sign up as part as the explorer program. Those that were able to sign up for them and just started to get them this month.

As for doing stuff with glass its pretty amazing. My friend has a pair and never takes them off other than to charge them. I am sure he would have two pairs if he could since the battery doesn't last long but it charges fast (maybe 30 minutes to full I would estimate).  You can install linux on it if you want on it.. On day 2 off this years Google IO they even installed Ubuntu on it. So the sky is the limit on cool stuff you can do with it.

One of the things that is hot right now is facial recognition. Here is a link below.
https://github.com/lnanek/MedRefGlass

Myself personally have been working on a bluetooth scanner to notify me if someone comes in range of me and identify who they are. This works well when people use their phone but not so much when they are not. It still needs more work but as a prototype its working well.

You can download the kernel source code here as well as a rooted boot loader.
https://developers.google.com/glass/downloads/system

Anyway the sky is the limit. Awesome hardware. Happy hacking!

tons of people got them in the twitter contest with low follower counts and un-brilliant ideas.

I know several developers who got them last year at google IO, all you had to do was sign up for the Explorer program and agree to pay the fee, I think it was $1500...

There's not a heck of a lot you can do with Glass as yet; the novelty factor wears off fast... people stop wearing them after a week or two.

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
tons of people got them in the twitter contest with low follower counts and un-brilliant ideas.

I know several developers who got them last year at google IO, all you had to do was sign up for the Explorer program and agree to pay the fee, I think it was $1500...

There's not a heck of a lot you can do with Glass as yet; the novelty factor wears off fast... people stop wearing them after a week or two.
Activity: 110
Merit: 11
Its worth commenting that you really could not get these at the twitter contest. Only people with super high follower counts won. I personally tried really hard to get a pair with this enlisting all my friends and family to do twitter posts without any luck. So on this contest it really wasn't a contest but a marketing promotion. As far as I know there isn't a plan for another one and release isn't until sometime in 2014.

I then decided to go to Google IO 2013 thinking they would give developers a pair there.. this didn't work out either and I went to all the Google glass panels on the second day as well and nothing. At a minimum I thought they would allow you to sign up to pre order a pair but this was not the case. In reality the only thing I did get was a Chromebook pixel this year. I was highly disappointed overall that its impossible to get these things.

I have been trying to buy them in the range I am willing to pay around $5000 and they either get removed by eBay or pulled. So if you have a pair around that price send me a PM.

Here's a pair for $5k as buy-it-now but I doubt anyone would pay that much -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Google-Glass-Explorer-Edition-/281113235792?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item4173a79150

you can get these things for cost via google
s twitter contest... large majority of entrants won glass units first time around, next contest is soon... just follow @projectglass
Activity: 840
At the risk of sounding like an idiot...how do these things work?

Here is a quick video by The Verge that should answer that question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Tsrg_EQMw

More important question why the hell did you not accept $90k for these in first place?

+1 I'm guessing it was a fake bid.
Pages:
Jump to: