Pages:
Author

Topic: XAPO are now allowing people to withdraw their bitcoincash - page 2. (Read 795 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
At least they didn't sell user's bch like localbitcoins, they're giving option to the users to sell or withdraw. i wonder why this isn't on cointelegraph or other bitcoin news sites.

It's a whole let better than Bitmex. Bitmex said either withdraw your bitcoins before the fork if you want bch or we'll keep whatever turns up. Now people are whining about this despite it being clearly stated.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
But they're setting a deadline of December 14th 2017. If you haven't withdrawn or sold by then, you lose your bitcoincash coins.
It's a smart move from them. Most people won't see it and then they "forfeit" their right to those coins which XAPO then gets to sell.
That's not exactly true... they're simply going to convert them into BTC at the going rate and deposit to your account.

What will happen if I decide to keep my BCH? Will Xapo allow me to operate with Bitcoin Cash?
Xapo will not support BCH in any way after December 14th, 2017. Users will have until that date to decide if they want to sell or withdraw their BCH. If you do nothing with your BCH by that date, then Xapo will automatically sell any remaining BCH balances for BTC and credit the corresponding value in BTC to the customer's wallet.

What will happen if I don’t withdraw or sell my Bitcoin Cash by December 14th, 2017?
You will not lose your coins and Xapo will not keep unsold Bitcoin Cash for itself.

If we receive no further action from you before this date, your Bitcoin Cash balance will automatically be sold and the value will be added to your Bitcoin wallet.

Please note the amount received will reflect the market rate at the time the sale is executed.

TL;DR:
Sell or withdraw your BCH from Xapo before Dec 14, or they'll sell it on your behalf at "market rates" and put the BTC value into your wallet...
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
See this blogpost:

https://blog.xapo.com/time-to-convert-your-bitcoin-cash-bch/

They're giving people two options a) withdraw the bitcoincash and b) sell the BCH for bitcoin.

But they're setting a deadline of December 14th 2017. If you haven't withdrawn or sold by then, you lose your bitcoincash coins.
Nice this is a good move for those people that stored a lot of bitcoins at their xapo cold storage account.

I want some more good news on them and that would be the reduction of their fees, that is a better news.

At least they didn't sell user's bch like localbitcoins, they're giving option to the users to sell or withdraw. i wonder why this isn't on cointelegraph or other bitcoin news sites.

Yeah it's good to know that they took care of the BCH's of their customers.

Well i think its not worth it to get my bitcoin cash there because i only have few bitcoins left i think around 0.005 so if i withdraw or exchange the bitcoin cash from xapo its not worth it..
Mine is even lower.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I bet you anything most of their users don't see the blogpost though (they tend to just use the XAPO card and not go to the website much), and don't realise they have just 2 and a half months to get their BCH coins out.

It's been prominently displayed in the wallet section for quite sometime. You'd have to be pretty dim to miss it.

I got rid of mine there. Wish I'd gotten rid of the rest I have. The only news on the horizon is staggering increases in supply. Coin base will be the big one but xapo is over half a million on its own.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
I think those who lucky are those who holding a huge amount of bitcoin before the fork..
Well i think its not worth it to get my bitcoin cash there because i only have few bitcoins left i think around 0.005 so if i withdraw or exchange the bitcoin cash from xapo its not worth it..
But i think much better to holding them in bitcoin cash wallet maybe bitcoin cash can be burst increase in the future..
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
See this blogpost:

They're giving people two options a) withdraw the bitcoincash and b) sell the BCH for bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

It was time that they finally made a stance on Bitcoin Cash and the best part is that everyone who had coins can make a choice to instantly get some quick cash by selling the BCH or holding onto them. Took them long enough to push this move but I'm happy more exchanges are not turning out to eat the BCH they acquired during the hard fork.

I bet you anything most of their users don't see the blogpost though (they tend to just use the XAPO card and not go to the website much), and don't realise they have just 2 and a half months to get their BCH coins out.

It's a smart move from them. Most people won't see it and then they "forfeit" their right to those coins which XAPO then gets to sell.

I hope people on this forum at least see the news - though most don't bother to look in this particular sub-section. Oh well.
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

It was time that they finally made a stance on Bitcoin Cash and the best part is that everyone who had coins can make a choice to instantly get some quick cash by selling the BCH or holding onto them. Took them long enough to push this move but I'm happy more exchanges are not turning out to eat the BCH they acquired during the hard fork.

legendary

Activity: 602
Merit: 252
See this blogpost:

legendary
See this blogpost:

Pages:
Jump to: