Pages:
Author

Topic: XAPO now completely mobile, locking me out of my account! - page 2. (Read 350 times)

Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡

Forgive me, I discarded xapo a long time ago lol. (If I'll be born again, I'm pretty sure I'll do the same thing)

Anyway, You must be talking about this? https://support.xapo.com/how-do-i-log-into-my-xapo-account/view=faq
It is stated there that the verification code is automatic but not on ios which means you have to enter it manually there. That said, maybe it's possible to access your account by:

1. Hire someone to just receive the code (the SMS) - From what I remember, it cost $3-$5
2. Install an ios emulator = https://techonation.com/best-ios-emulators-for-windows-run-ios-apps/
3. Have X send the code to you via telegram or other chat platform.....
4. Enter the code manually.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
What do you mean by completely mobile? You can't access your account via web browser?

Or is it they locked your account and now they want you to only access using their app. If so, What is the need of a phone number? Is it for verification like they'll send a code and you'll enter it? If it is, you can hire someone for that (here on forum). Furthermore, Are you sure they're not asking for a past phone number (If you had any)?

For the app access, you can just use an android simulator.

You can't log into the web browser version without getting the 6 digit verification code from the app on the phone.  They've gone completely app-based so that even if you do log into your account in the web browser with the phone number and 6 digit code, there are functions such as sending btc that will only happen on the phone. 

I installed an android simulator on my pc thinking that would let me in, but nope, they want a phone number to go with it.  It isn't a past number, no, this is all new since the Fall.  I haven't been able to log in since August 2017.  I have to associate a mobile phone number now with my account and they won't accept my textnow phone number. 

I don't have enough btc in the account to justify hiring someone unfortunately, otherwise that could be an option.  Although because they have to log into my account with my credentials  and their phone number, it's a huge trust issue to do that!
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
What do you mean by completely mobile? You can't access your account via web browser?

Or is it they locked your account and now they want you to only access using their app? If so, What is the need of a phone number? Is it for verification like they'll send a code and you'll enter it? If it is, you can hire someone for that (here on forum). Furthermore, Are you sure they're not asking for a past phone number (If you had any)?

For the app access, you can just use an android emulator
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Has anyone else been able to get through to Xapo supervisors at all?  I don't have a mobile phone.  I found Textnow to obtain a local texting number so those with cells can still reach me that way when I am using my BB playbook, but Xapo won't recognize the VOIP phone number as a legit #.

I have repeatedly tried to regain access to my account, to no avail.  I now want to remove what little I have left there, and close the account, but they won't agree to follow my directions to remove the funds on my behalf even!  When I asked the email support rep for a phone number to contact a supervisor in the company, he went silent!

I'm having a hard time believing that a company would not have any methods available whatsoever to deal with customers who do not have a mobile device.  The closest answer they could offer:  "Borrow a friends or family member's cell to do the job, app access only"! 

As a computer tech, I find this completely unacceptable!  Anyone know how to get past email support to someone on the phone?
Pages:
Jump to: