Pages:
Author

Topic: Xapo will start charging a fee to receive transactions - page 4. (Read 4096 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
People complain without knowing what the point of Xapo really is. It's only micro amounts also referred to as being dust that they want to prevent with this action.

If you think logically, then it makes sense as they want to take the weight off their own wallets due to all the worthless dust transactions that may take ages to confirm.

Mainly because these people are mostly also stingy about their fees. It doesn't only help Xapo, but also the Bitcoin network this way. It's pointless to send out transactions that low as it only clutters the network.

I don't even see the point of playing with these low amounts, but for people that do care about them, if you at least deposit anything above 0.00030967BTC, you'll still be enjoying free transactions.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
Oh that is really a bad news for me because I often use xapo for recharging my mobile phone which require a small amount of bitcoins to transact and for that small amount I do not want to pay any fees from any way. It is currently a fees for receiving the transaction but I am sure that they will start for sending too.
"If you receive more than BTC 0.00031041, no fee applies."
Simple. Then try sending a little over .00031041 to your xapo account. That should get rid of the 'receiving fee'.

Far as I can see, the only ones who'll be affected by these 'receiving fees' are the ones using faucets.
"If you receive less than BTC 0.00020694, then a fee equivalent to the amount received will be charged. In this case, the amount to be credited is 0."
Meaning, do not send less than 20,694 satoshis.

https://in.xapo.com/fees/
That means that the fees is only for those people who only send some dust to the wallet. Then it is not bad because they only want to use their wallet for higher payments they cannot take the burden of fees of satoshis.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
Oh that is really a bad news for me because I often use xapo for recharging my mobile phone which require a small amount of bitcoins to transact and for that small amount I do not want to pay any fees from any way. It is currently a fees for receiving the transaction but I am sure that they will start for sending too.
"If you receive more than BTC 0.00031041, no fee applies."
Simple. Then try sending a little over .00031041 to your xapo account. That should get rid of the 'receiving fee'.

Far as I can see, the only ones who'll be affected by these 'receiving fees' are the ones using faucets.
"If you receive less than BTC 0.00020694, then a fee equivalent to the amount received will be charged. In this case, the amount to be credited is 0."
Meaning, do not send less than 20,694 satoshis.

https://in.xapo.com/fees/
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
As much as I hate that people will lose money with this change I think it is good move from business point of view. I would like to see how many bitcoins in fees Xapo paid total.
I bet it is not small sum of money "wasted on fees". They realized that "no fee" policy cannot be maintained taking into account their F2U business model. About time.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Not fun news :/ . Many people use Xapo for their free transactions. And I think many of these transactions is small.
I think that next step of Xapo will be to take fee for sending small transactions. And finall step will be to take fees for all transactions, no matter it's small or big.
I am also thing so. It is their first step to check the affect of imposing it on their business and if they find no any bad affect on their business they will definitely start to impose fees on the sending of money too.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Incoming dust increases their send fees (increasing the transaction size) and it hurts the business, so it's a normal move.

While it is a bad news for the ones receiving dust from non-xapo faucets into xapo, it's not a big issue if you look at the numbers.
First of all, from what I see it's about the incoming dust. Even the faucets started to send out bigger amounts than that.
I feel that it's a very small number of affected users and it's not a big issue actually.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
You can use blockchain for a web wallet mate. It only charge you 10k satoshi for fee.
I don't think he will use blockchain as it faced so many wallet issues this days, only coinbase is his only choice if he will not continue using xapo.
Not true. There are other web wallets besides coinbase like coin.space, bitgo, greenaddress (I personally like this one as well It worked fine on me before not sure if thwy have issues now but they also have a desktop and android wallet version)
You can see all available wallets here:  https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
This is bad news, I do not like the presence of a fee which I feel is quite large.
Yeah its really bad news to those who don't like to pay every transactions they made.
Xapo is second after Coinbase web wallet, I'll gradually to look for other services that are free, though I will still be using xapo
Yes that's true and in another side of the story Xapo is also the second platform that used to have many issues of closing accounts. And the reason why I don't like them is because of this free of TX fee like coinbase, it looks more doubtful for their service.

You can use blockchain for a web wallet mate. It only charge you 10k satoshi for fee.
I don't think he will use blockchain as it faced so many wallet issues this days, only coinbase is his only choice if he will not continue using xapo.
Activity: 518
Xapo must get income from their service if they want be survive on their business,
although it is become bad news for costumer's xapo because as you said
many people who receive small amount of transactions ( usually bitcoins from faucets website)
but there are no other choice for xapo keeps alive and they starts charging fees is normal.

I agree with you whether they start now or later, they will still need to charge money for their service even when someone told or I read it somewhere that to transfer on Xapo is even free I was surprised and was wondering how they generate money to pay for the maintenance of their infrastructures or the miners like blockchain does but its all good as I dont see the fee not affordable, the issue i will have is if they still want to add another charge on transfer of bitcoin then I see people trooping out of Xapo. But what is not clear is that will it be charge on the receiver or the sender?
Xapo applied free fees service in the early is just looking for the costumers (and they pay the cost)
because it is new services bitcoin's wallet service and there are no many people who use it
right now many people who use xapo's wallet and today is time for them to taking profits.
That is good strategy on bitcoin's wallets business and I agree with you if the xapo are greed want to add another fees
their costumers will be disappear because of the fees is too expensive.
Activity: 490
Really!! One of free transaction wallet has gone. I think Coinbase also start transactions fees for theire customar.If really its happen, there will be no more transaction free wallet.

Its a bad news near to Xapo wallet user that they are taking cherge for receving .next time they will take sending fee from user. one day there will be no more free transaction wallet Sad Sad
I'm not sure how these websites can run for so long without charging such fees, because in general do not charge this and keep the service with good quality is something unfeasible. Such fees are what developers earn to maintain the stability and quality of the services.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
Didn't thought that there will be actually a fee to jut receie a transaction. I thought fee is aonly applied for sending the transaction.
This is bad news, I do not like the presence of a fee which I feel is quite large. Xapo is second after Coinbase web wallet, I'll gradually to look for other services that are free, though I will still be using xapo.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
This is bad news, I do not like the presence of a fee which I feel is quite large. Xapo is second after Coinbase web wallet, I'll gradually to look for other services that are free, though I will still be using xapo.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
Well, that's good to hear if they will do it, because as far as I know all services are in need fee to make their company/business/services survive longer and it looks suspicious why they are doing it in the past for free of charge. And BTW 0.00020645 fee looks too high, are they serious about this? 0.0003097 above received transaction is 0 fee but 0.00020645 and 0.0003097 has a fee of 0.00020645, hmmm, maybe to limit the micro transactions they received from faucets.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1094
0.00020658 fee is too high if you need to send micro transactions. I've been using xapo for all transactions and hence don't mind the limit but for micro transactions, I would need to rely on coinbase unless they too change their terms. It's sad that they decided to charge users but still the limit of 0.00030987 btc is fine. If they start charging for every transaction, I'll stop using their services. Better rely on blockchain then instead of xapo that asked me to verify my wallet just to charge for the transactions.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
Xapo must get income from their service if they want be survive on their business,
many people who receive small amount of transactions ( usually bitcoins from faucets website)
but there are no other choice for xapo keeps alive and they starts charging fees is normal.

I agree with you whether they start now or later, they will still need to charge money for their service even when someone told or I read it somewhere that to transfer on Xapo is even free I was surprised and was wondering how they generate money to pay for the maintenance of their infrastructures or the miners like blockchain does but its all good as I dont see the fee not affordable, the issue i will have is if they still want to add another charge on transfer of bitcoin then I see people trooping out of Xapo. But what is not clear is that will it be charge on the receiver or the sender?
Activity: 588
ussualy online wallet can charge fee not receive transaction
charge fee only sending bitcoin
i think is very bad service, if every receive can get fee
much people xapo client can gone
Activity: 986
Merit: 516
Really!! One of free transaction wallet has gone. I think Coinbase also start transactions fees for theire customar.If really its happen, there will be no more transaction free wallet.

Its a bad news near to Xapo wallet user that they are taking cherge for receving .next time they will take sending fee from user. one day there will be no more free transaction wallet Sad Sad
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
Not fun news :/ . Many people use Xapo for their free transactions. And I think many of these transactions is small.
I think that next step of Xapo will be to take fee for sending small transactions. And finall step will be to take fees for all transactions, no matter it's small or big.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100

yes, They need more fees to maintain their business. If you have 1 bitcoin transaction, the fee is not high as credit card payment.
Pages:
Jump to: