Pages:
Author

Topic: [XBN] Bitnote: the secure, private, untraceable CryptoNote based Cryptocurrency - page 6. (Read 4531 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
How about Windows wallet, I want to join mining but I am not mortal plebster who cannot do Linux that well.
I tried to compile under windows but a lot of errors  Embarrassed is sad that dev don't care about it.
Activity: 35
we really need a new pool
not a huge fan of the current (and only) pool
what's wrong with pool?
Activity: 123
How about Windows wallet, I want to join mining but I am not mortal plebster who cannot do Linux that well.
Activity: 54
I second a discord group, would be very helpful for creating community!
Activity: 41
we really need a new pool
not a huge fan of the current (and only) pool
Activity: 132
Merit: 10
i want to compile wallet in debian, what i'm doing wrong

src/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/build.make:158: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/crypto/crypto.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/crypto/crypto.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:290: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/crypto.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
src/CMakeFiles/cryptonote_core.dir/build.make:230: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/cryptonote_core.dir/cryptonote_core/miner.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/cryptonote_core.dir/cryptonote_core/miner.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:253: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/cryptonote_core.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/cryptonote_core.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:138: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Activity: 56
ANNOUNCEMENT: Upcoming Bitnote blockchain hardfork: see details below.

Confirmed Features:

Features In Debate:

These features will be "activated" within the next hardfork, launch date is yet to be announced... More info regarding that is coming soon.
you will add masternodes too? what about discord group
Activity: 180
Discord channel? It becomes a communication standard channel.
Activity: 141
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
ANNOUNCEMENT: Upcoming Bitnote blockchain hardfork: see details below.

Confirmed Features:

Features In Debate:

These features will be "activated" within the next hardfork, launch date is yet to be announced... More info regarding that is coming soon.
The project is alive : a fresh batch of commits tonight !

see for yourself
https://github.com/xbn-project/bitnote/commits/master !

this is shaping up to be a nice cryptonote improvement coin :-D
Activity: 184
Merit: 101
if you need help , drop me a pm
thats large premine amount .., also gui wallet should be online before launch of mainnet

last comment would be what is new about this project Huh
yeah something seems fishy, I have to say. it's not the only pool per se, but the other one (http://bitnote.labbinarymining.com/) is empty (edit : and also offline)

the pool creator doesn't seem linked to the coin creators. (he created pool for another coin as well)

however I wonder why he removed the "Estimate Mining Profits" part from the pool.
Activity: 168
Anyone knows who runs http://bitnotepool.ga ??
I think that DEV because pool was started 1 hour after ANN and it is the only one.
coincidence? I do not think so

What's your problem with that?
I thought that it need a functional product.
Time is enough?

I'll create new currency, with pool, with working windows wallet and your job will get it to exchange.
We will wait for some time and we will be rich. Is it so easy? If yes, give me a name for new coin.
you should understand that making a qt wallet is no easy thing no matter who you are, it will take at least 3 days of working
yep , thats what attracted me to the project in the first place
I love the fact that the coin has built-in NiceHash difficulty attack mitigation built-in from the start, whereas many Cryptonote coins have been repeatedly pulsed/targeted before they implemented any type of defense.

See TurtleCoin for reference or Alloy... they suffered a lot from NiceHash attacks before they did anything. So a lot of the supply is from successful NiceHash pulse.

What is a NiceHash attack ? Well basically, a "Nice" Hasher is somebody who launches a distributed high-energy hashing commando operation on a given network. This operation will account sometimes for 50%+ of the total network hash. NiceHashers will be spiking the difficulty eventually, but in the mean time, they profit from the lag in difficulty retargeting. When difficulty spikes at last, a NiceHasher leaves the network. Difficulty remains high for a long time for "normal" miners. And when difficulty is normal again, a NiceHasher can launch a new difficulty attack.

NiceHash attacks also tend to disrupt the blockchain by creating unwanted forks, forcing pools offline. This means more work for the devs and pool maintainers and can also disrupt the pool ecology.

It's also a concern for the community of the coin, because normal miners feel left out and abused by NiceHashers, who are usually very unsavory characters. I would go as far as claim that NiceHash abuse screwed not only the organic TurtleCoin (a community coin) growth, but also the community itself.

Looking forward to see where this is going to go. Love the limited supply also.
Activity: 168
I thought that it need a functional product.
Time is enough?

I'll create new currency, with pool, with working windows wallet and your job will get it to exchange.
We will wait for some time and we will be rich. Is it so easy? If yes, give me a name for new coin.
You probably dont know how the market works... this things need time
Pages:
Jump to: